29.Not Today

Cascade P.O.V

I was beaten up but when I turned seeing the amount of blood coming from Nate I ran to him. No one stopped me as I pushed pass everyone and the panic set in. I quickly shifted back as I fell down in front of him as he slowly drowned.

"Nate!" I yelled ignoring my own pain.

The big wolf looked at me as blood fell out of his mouth and the sound of weak laughter filled my ears. I looked over to my mother who was shifted back and fighting for her life. She was worse than Nate but she was using her little power to hold on.

"He's going to die, so I still win here." She said before about 5 wolves attacked her.

I felt her power fade away completely and when the wolves moved back there was nothing. ripped clothes, bones and blood was all that was of her. I turned back to Nate who was slowly dying in front of me and no one, not even me knew what to do. Every minute felt like an hour and he was going to die if I didn't act soon.

"What do I do?" I said looking at everyone.

No one knew as we all looked around and suddenly the big wolf shifted back into my Nate. I don't know if that was any better seeing him and not a wolf, really die in front of me. He reached his hand up softly touching the side of my face as tears started to fall down from my eyes.

"No, No, No Nate." I said as holding him in my arms.

I could feel his heart slowly coming to a stop when I moved the rain water off of this face. Something else moved with it, and Nate felt it as well.

"Your blood." I said not knowing how to do what I was about to do.

I sat him down on the ground and with all of the power in my body I tired to move his blood. I never tired this before, in fact never thought of doing it. I wish I did before other wise, I could have killed that bitch sooner. I focused all of the power in my body to him and I got it to move again but it came out of his mouth.

"Move it back into his body." Pam said more freaked out than anyone.

I nodded to her as I tired to do it again moving the blood down and into his body little by little. He suddenly took a deeper breath telling me I was doing something right. He still didn't talk as I moved more and kept it in place, which is harder then it sounds. I moved it all out of his lungs and he rolled over taking a deep breath then coughing out a little blood. He still didn't stand with his legs being broken and I still didn't move keeping everything in place.

"You did it!" James yelled and everyone cheered.

I looked at Nate and he could see how much I was fighting to still keep him alive and when sat up a little looking around.

"Get me to the doctor quick!" He yelled.

James quickly shifted picking Nate up and Pam did the same picking me off the ground. James was faster then Pam and that was a big problem. He was getting to far ahead of me making me slowly lose control and when Nate spit out blood James slowed down.

"Slowly down James." He struggled out and James did so.

They both kept moving but Pam just wasn't that fast, and if she was we won't make it in time. I pack house had to be 4 miles away and the next hospital was about 10 miles away. Nate looked at me hearing my thoughts and he knew what I meant. He could feel me struggling to hold on, and I could feel the pain he felt. This wasn't enough, but I don't know what else we could do at this point. We couldn't afford to be this slow because I couldn't hold this any more. I stopped pam from running and got off of her back and James stopped as well.

"We can't get there in time." I said panicking again.

"Yes we can." Nate said.

He fell onto the ground and I struggled to walk to him till I fell on the ground next to him. He reached for me softly placing his hand over my hands. I could feel myself slowly becoming lighter tell me he was using the little power that he had. I closed my eyes as we slowly, really slowly disappeared and I held on to the little control I still had. I opened my eyes and look around see we had to be about less then a mile from the house. I could see it in the distance and I grabbed Nate.

"Try to stand!" I yelled at him as I pulled him off the ground.

He held onto me lightly as he lost more blood from his legs with every step he stood. He was wearing me down from his weight but I kept pulling him and holding his blood in. He slipped and fell to the ground making his blood move around a lot. It splashed inside of his body making me lose more control over it. He was losing breath again as more and more blood filled his lungs again. I fought back trying to keep it out of there as we slowly got closer and closer to the house. Nate fell again and tired out in pain and I couldn't hold it any more, making me let go. I looked as he started to struggle again and I looked around for help.

"Help!" I yelled out but no one heard me.

"Help!" I screamed louder but nothing.

I looked at Nate and with all of the power in me I moved his blood again. I held it still as he sat up a little and looked at the sweat over my face.

"Let go Cas." He said looking at me.

"No." I struggled out.

"Just let go Cascade!" He yelled at me but I didn't.

"No!" I yelled back.

"You're the most stubborn woman I ever met." He said.

"And you're the most annoying man, and I can't live with out you." I said as my power slipped away again.

I looked as I heard a voice in the distance and felt feet running to us. It was the pack member that stayed behind at the house. They made it to us quick and grabbed Nate and me running fast. They made it to the house and took us to the doctor who got ready for surgery fast as I took me into another room. I couldn't hold on anymore as I let my power fade away and I felt his heart keep beating. I smiled to myself as I put on a bed and I looked up at the lights over head.

"I win bitch." I whispered to myself as I passed out.