12.James

Nate P.O.V

I looked at Cas as we headed home from our dinner with the other Alphas of the region. They told her all of this information about her being there sister of nature and everything. It was a lot of stuff but Cas just listened to all of it, she seemed uncomfortable the whole time. Our car was pulled around and we both got in and I glanced at her.

"Are you okay?" I asked her and she nodded.

"I'm fine." She said messing with her hair and dress again.

She had been messing with her dress, hair, jewelry, everything since we walked into the room with the others. Her dress was sparkly almost like a blue color and it fit her in every right place.

"You look nice tonight." I said and she gave me a fake laugh.

"Please I looked stupid seating there with the other woman. Those four looked like a Luna, and I looked like a damn disco ball." She said clearly frustrated and I laughed at her.

"A Luna is more then a dress and hair." I said to her and she looked at me.

She opened her mouth when my phone rang and without looking at it I answered it.

"Hey Nate." James voice said coming threw the cars speakers.

"Hey James, what's up?" I said pulling off and glancing at Cas.

I could see the mixture of fear and sadness in her eyes as her body stiffened.

"Well, it was going to be a surprise, but I wanted to meet your mate so I came to your new house." He said excited.

Cas seemed like she wanted to grab the wheel of the Cas after he said that. I reached over grabbing her hand trying to make her calm down.

"Alright we'll be there in an hour." I said before our goodbyes and I hung up.

"We can't go back." Cas said looking at me in a panic.

"You mean to our home and pack, yes we can. Calm down, we are going to figure everything out together." I said and she shuck her head.

"No, I cant see him he's going to kill me if I see him again. He told me that, the night I killed my father. He told me he never wanted to see me again. He watched me kill dad he knows everything, that will start a fight." She said trying to get me to stop.

"Do I look like I'm scared of anyone!" I yelled in my Alpha tone.

I had to get her to calm down and understand that she's going to be fine. She held her ears as I made my way home. I could tell she was still scared so I pulled over to the side of the road.

"Tell me the truth." I said looking at her and she put her head down.

"I don't know why I killed my father, he was a horrible person. That night I just blacked out and James saw all of it. He told me to run and never come back or he would kill me. I did lie to you but just because I didn't know what really happened that night. I'm sorry." She said still in a panic.

"Well, I talked to James earlier and with out me telling him anything about you he must be lying. He said he had a little brother, either he doesn't remember you or he's lying. Once he sees you we will know, just calm down." I said as I pulled off again.

She just sat there still nervous and everything about that bothered me. Does she really think I cant protect her, or I cant fight.

"Cascade, I know I'm not a super serious guy but I'm still an Alpha and you're still my mate. I don't know why I have to prove to you I can protect you but I will." I said taking a glance at her.

She didn't say anything just gently touched my leg, and damn this erection. I seem to always have one these day and she's not really helping. After an hour of driving we pulled up to the pack house and Cas heart was racing. I couldn't help the smile that came on my face and she looked at me.

"Something funny?" She asked me.

"You're going to give yourself a damn heart attack, calm down." I said as I stepped out of the car.

She followed behind me as James walked to me she fell back. James was strong guy but if things did go to far I knew I could kill him easy.

"Nate!" He said giving me a hug.

"James, nice to see you." I said returning it.

He stepped away and looked behind me at Cas and he smiled big at her.

"Damn she's beautiful." He said winking at her.

It's strange and gross that I can know see that the two of them even look a like. James walked over to Cas and I followed behind him.

"James this is mate my, Cascade." I said with a overly proud and dreamy voice. 

Cas hide the blush it gave her and James stuck his hand out to her.

"Nice to meet you Cascade." He said happy.

Cas shuck his hand and she cocked her head to the side like a confused little puppy. She moved over to me and James looked at us together.

"I'm so happy you found a mate Nate, and she's beautiful as well." James said punching my shoulder.

"She is, tell him your full name Cas." I said looking at her.

"Its Cascade Hawken." She said and James nodded.

"Same last name as me, at least for right now." He said as we started for the house.

James kept talking to Cas but since we never mated I couldn't connect with her. We moved into the house were it was a lot warmer and James walked to the bathroom.

"Is that your brother?" I asked her and she turned to me.

"Yes that's him, and it strange he doesn't see how much we look a like. The slight flirting with me is fucking creepy." She said serious but I laughed.

She hit my arm making me stop as James walked back in the room.

"Oh and look who came with me." James said as his mother walked into the room.

She looked at me then her face turn into shock looking at Cascade. I noticed it and so did she telling me that maybe James doesn't remember her but she does.