7.Who Are You?

Nate P.O.V

I was driving us to meet with my old Alphas from Detroit. I need to get everything worked out so I could get to know the Alphas here. I glanced at Cascade playing a game on my phone and I instantly got an erection. I wanted to mark her so bad but I didn't want her to feel rushed to do it. Plus I loved the chase she put up, but she is getting softer on me and I could feel it.

"Were are we going?" She asked.

"I need to me with some Alphas." I said and she huffed.

"Why don't you like male Alphas?" I asked her as I stopped at a red light.

"What's to like about them, all of them are stuck up, annoying, perfectionist that can't see outside of there bubble." She said looking out the window.

"While some of that describes me, most of that doesn't. So how many Alphas have you met that you know this?" I asked her and she gave me a nervous look.

"Well, just you." She said lying to me.

I didn't like to be lied to and I really didn't like it from her. I didn't know what she was hiding, but I was for sure that she's hiding something. She turned from me trying to act normal but I already saw it. I took off and shortly after that I pulled to the side of the road, making her look at me.

"First I don't like being lied to, so I'm going to give you a second chance to tell the truth." I said giving her a hard look.

"Does that look suppose to scare me?" She asked raising her brow.

I had to fight the erection the begged to come after her snappy reply. I have never had anyone talk to me or act this way with me, let alone a woman that did it to me.

"I'm not going to play this game right now, talk." I yelled in my Alpha tone making her jump back.

"I just grow up here and I'm nervous about going back." She said telling me half the truth.

I didn't say anything just pulled off and I noticed she was looking at me still. I kind of felt bad for yelling at her but I wasn't going to say sorry.

"Who are we going to meet with?" She asked.

"The Hawken family, and some others." I said and she stiffened.

"Any relations to them?" I asked and she quickly said no.

I kept driving but I noticed how nervous she was the whole time till I stop in the park lot of a store.

"We should mark each other." She suddenly making me look at her.

"We will." I said turning off the car.

"Right now, so lets go back home." She said grabbing my arm.

"No, we have a hotel room, I can mark you there if you want to this badly." I said grabbing the door nob.

I pulled from her and got out of the car and walked into the store. I grabbed water and chips for us both and walked out. I looked at her open car door seeing she was gone now and I huffed. I walked over to the car putting the bag in and closed both doors. This woman is tiresome and her escape attempts are sad, but I like this a little bit. She runs away, and I get to go and found her. I smelled the air and I followed in her direction in the trees  where is found her trying to get around a gate. She wasn't paying any attention to her surrounding so I low walked to her. I grabbed her around her waist and she started to fight me , and this was my favorite part.

"Let go of me." She screamed at me.

"Fine tell me the truth, what's in Detroit that you want to avoid?" I asked her and she didn't stop fighting.

"I don't want to meet anyone that is as big headed as you, and I hate everything about Detroit." She yelled.

"Like your family." I said and she stood still for a moment.

When she didn't talk I walked us back to the car and we got in and I locked the doors. She didn't talk but I didn't move waiting for her to talk.

"Now, who are you Cas?" I asked her and she looked at me sadly, never saw her sad before.

"Alright, I don't want to see my family and the Hawken's are my real family." She said nervous.

"What's the problem with seeing them?" I asked her.

"Well it's a long story." She said and I nodded to her.

I pulled off and she stopped talking as I went back the way we came. I wasn't taking us home but to a hotel in the city for us to spend time in. I kept driving since the place was kind of far, but we should be there in an hour. I sat back driving and listening to Cascade nervously eat chips and I looked at her.

"Is Nate short for Nathanial?" She asked me.

"Yeah, I was named after an uncle, he died fighting in a war so they named me after him." I said to her.

"Oh, I was named after my grandmother, she was very princess like and my parents hoped I would be the same." She said with a slight giggle.

I could tell she didn't think anything was funny just wanted to keep things light. After a while we pulled up to the hotel and we got running into Noah a friend of mine. I shuck hands with him but he was in a hurry so I didn't keep him. I check into a hotel and we both walked up stairs and I could feel her heart speeding up as we got closer. I opened the door and we both walked into the room and I took off my shoes and sat on the bed. She stood looking at me and when I patted the bed she sat down.

"So, talk." I said to her and she looked everywhere but at me.

"Talk." I said again and she started to cry.

"I don't want to see them because I killed there Alpha, my father." She said and I didn't say anything back.