20.Witch

Cascade P.O.V

2 Weeks Later

I looked as Nate just stood in the back yard, about 20 feet in front of me. His father knew more about this but since Nate never wanted to be a witch he never learned anything. I tell you, as a teenager Nate was a bitch.

"What the fuck did you just call me?" He yelled from across the field.

I forgot he was always in my head, and I hated it anyways.

"I didn't say anything." I said as he walked to me.

He stopped in front of me and I looked up at him as he looked down at me. I could feel he was sick of me and I was super sick of him as well. I don't know why that suddenly happened but it did and I need a moment away from him and now.

"You turned into a even bigger pain in the ass!" He yelled at me.

"I did, what about you." I said back.

"What about me Cas?" He said.

"Oh so you think I don't know you blame me for your fathers death." I yelled at him.

"I never said that." He yelled back.

"No, you didn't say anything!" I yelled when I heard foot steps.

I looked over and saw Rose and Xavier walking to us without there children.

"Bad time?" Xavier said.

"No, perfect time she was just getting out of my fucking face." Nate said looking at me.

I looked at him and I wanted to hit him so damn bad right now. He heard me and but a stupid smirk on his face.

"I'm going out." I said and he grabbed my arm.

"No, not alone you're not." He said and I pulled from him.

"I'll go with your mother, since no one has talked or giving her any attention lately. Since everything is about Nathalie all the damn time." I said and his look of pure angry made me happy.

"Alright then, I'll go with you then Cascade." Xavier said.

"Alright then, and Rose how are you?" I said and she smiled.

"I'm good Cas." She said smiling at me.

Xavier walked over to me and Rose walked over to Nate and the girl was laughing at the whole thing.

"Alright then, Xavier be carful of losing her, she'll run away like a damn 5 year who balloon got away." Nate said.

"And Rose do help him, after years of knowing he was a witch he never learned anything because he was so embarrassed about being powerful." I said back to him.

"Right now the only thing that's embarrassing me is you." He said back and Xavier reached for him.

"We should go." He said to me as Rose grabbed Nate's hand.

"And we should get to work as well." Rose said pulling him away.

I pulled from Xavier and walked into the house looking for Nate's mother. I went to her room and she was seating on her bed.

"Oh, hello dear." She said as I walked to her.

"I was going to go out for a little, and I wanted you to come with me." I said and she smiled.

"That's sweet of you but I'm fine staying here to day." She said as I noticed the picture she held in her hand.

"I'm sorry I got him killed, If I wasn't around he would still be here." I said and she stood.

She stopped in front of me and gave me a big smiled. She reached up and touched my face like he did and smiled.

"You didn't get him killed dear, he choose to let us live and he take the punishment. He was a stand up guy and he didn't do things for no reason. My husband love you like another one of his daughters and he died knowing you would be alright. He was dying on the floor and I could still feel his emotions and I know he died happy." She said giving me a hug and a kiss to the cheek.

"No you go out and have fun, I'll be here perfectly fine." She said giving me a smile.

I walked out the room and I felt winded for a moment. It gave me a piece of mind knowing everything she just said, but Nate couldn't even say that to me. She could forgive me for everything and not blame me, but he can't. I walked down stairs to Xavier and we walked out the front door together. Once we got in the car we didn't say much to each other but I noticed the glances he kept taking of me.

"So Cascade, how are you?" He asked.

"Fine, how about you Xavier?"  I said back.

"Good, sad to hear about Thomas, he was a very nice man. I had no idea he was a witch, he didn't gave me that impression. Well then again, I have seen a lot of different things over my life now." He said to me.

I looked at him as he looked out the window that was fogging up a little. He was struggling to see the road so I took it off. the window fog didn't have much water in it as the water ball was little but he still looked at it amazed.

"Thanks." He said as he came to a stop.

"Why did you stop?" I said and he nodded ahead of us.

I looked a head of us and a woman was crossing the road, she as old with a robe over head. I got the since of panic again and I reached over grabbing Xavier's arm.

"Can you feel that?" I asked him.

"Yeah, and I know that power as well." He said trying to get out the car but I stopped him.

"That has to be my mother."  I said and the woman stop and looked at the car.

"Then lets deal with it." Xavier said but I stopped him.

"No, I'm not going to let Rose go threw that kind of heartbreak because of me." I said with him looking at me.

"Then what do you want me to do Cas?" He asked.

"She was waiting for me to leaving the house." I said looking as the woman removed her robe showing it was my mother.

I grabbed a pen and grabbed Xavier's arm and with a little force started writing. He didn't move a little as the pen made him bleed from how hard I wrote. I didn't want anything happening to him. He looked at it and I looked up seeing my mother was closer to the car now. She put her hand up and with a force that knocked the air out of me she made the car flip back.