The baby (bump) blues (Part 5)

After the game-

We won the game, and, I didn't get sick so, new record! When I got home I crunched my hair, re-applied my make-up, and changed into something looser. Jamie and I had gone on a shopping trip for "maternity" clothes last week and bought maternity clothes that didn't look...motherly? The outfit I had chose to wear was actually very common at my school. It was a dress, made to look like a long shirt, coming down to the mid-point of my thighs. It was hot pink and had four-finger thick straps that were made out of a silky material instead of cotton and the back criss-crossed like a halter top. The shirt itself clung tightly to my boobs and then loosened up around my stomach, coming down to my thighs, where it tightened again and the bottom was rimmed with silk as well. Since it was so short, and it was cold out, I wore light pink leggings under it and matching (light) pink heels (thank-god my feet hadn't swelled).

Tara honked outside and I rushed down the velvet stairs to meet her. Delia was in the living room, she saw me run past. "Did you say buy to your mother?" She asked. I clenched my teeth, suddenly...angry. "She's asleep." I growled and then joined Tara in her Mercedes.

The part was crazy, being that we were an hour late; Tara was right, everyone was there. We parked next to an older car, I don't mean old like battered, I mean old like old time. It was one of those cars that looked like a regular car in the front but in the back it had a truck bed. I smiled at the car, but Tara made a rude sound. When she wasn't looking I peeked at the bumper, branded on the back was the word: Ranchero. Jamie would faint, he loved antique cars. "You look really hot." Tara commented, "like, hotter than usual. I think you're finally filling out." I shushed her and hurried her towards the party. Damn her observant ways. Will met us up front and dragged us both inside," My cousin was asking about you." Will told me, "Did he ever get the courage to talk to you at my party?" "They did much more than talk." Tara smirked, Will smiled. "Way to go little cousin." I rolled my eyes and left them to go find some water, an impossible task at a jocks we-won-the-fucking-game party. I went into the kitchen and pushed a making out couple from in front of the fridge. There was a package of 24-bottles, unopened. I broke the seal and grabbed a bottle, turning around, I ran right into David. "Sticking to the soft stuff?" He asked. I smiled and looked down at my water. "I'm just not the drinking-type, it makes me do...crazy things." David frowned, "Was I a "crazy" thing/" I smiled at him, again. I thought of the baby growing in my stomach and our sexy night together, "Crazy, no. Maybe not the smartest thing, yes." "Because of...Jamie?" He asked, remembering the name I'd told him. "Um...yea." I said, getting uncomfortable. I stared at my feet for a bit and tried to think of something to say, "Do you-uh, want to go out back?" I asked him, "To talk." I filled in. David smiled a perfect smile. "I would love to." He grabbed my hand and led me through the crowded party and to the back patio. Since the night was chilled, the patio was almost vacant. David and I claimed two chairs and scooted them close together. This is my chance, I thought. To get to know the father of my baby, even if he doesn't know he's the father of my baby. I looked him over, taking in all of his features, his black hair blew around when the wind wiped past us and his blue eyes glistened from the light hanging over the back door. "So-uh, how old are you?" I asked. "Seventeen since...two months ago." "Well, Happy birthday." I said, he laughed. "And you?" I smiled, "Sixteen, I don't have a birthday until April." David smiled, "Your turn." "Where do you live?" I asked, curious. "Two minutes away from the school, in the Riverview complex." Ooh, I thought. Those are nice houses. "You?" He asked. "Uh, twentyish minutes from school...in the uh-, Haperlee area." David's eyes widened, I hurried to add, "With my mom and house keeper Delia. My mom used to breed and sell mini horses, but not so much these last few years." "Haperlee, wow." David mused, I shrugged. "My dad used to work hard, lawyer turned judge, he made a good deal of money to support out family, but my mom..." I paused. "She liked to be her own woman. She had her horses and they racked in a lot. People around here don't have much space, so my mom sold them to the organization for seeing eye dogs...horses live longer than dogs so they're becoming quite popular with the blind." I laughed, "Anyways...who do you live with?" I took a deep breath, calming myself down. I had just babbled, I only babbled when I got nervous; David made me nervous. "My mom, dad, and half-sister. She's um...different." He laughed affectionately. I nodded, "Are you guys close?" I asked, "Hey," He complained. "My turn, but yes. Now I get two questions." I rolled my eyes. "you said your dad 'used' to work hard. What did you mean?" I remembered a time when that question was a touchy subject, but it wasn't anymore. "A car accident, he died." I said, and that was it. David didn't push anymore. "Sorry." He said, "No worries." I replied. "Next?" "Are you ever going to invite me over to your house?" I thought about this, absentmindedly touching my hard belly. "Maybe." I looked over at him and winked. "Do you ever want kids?" I regretted it once I asked because he got a particular look on his face, but then he smiled. "I haven't thought about it much, but I guess...eventually. Kids like me." I sighed in relief, that was good. "And you?" "Looks like I wont have a choice." I mumbled. "Huh?" He asked, "Nothing," I said. "I uh-never thought about it much either until...recently." David nodded, I hadn't noticed that he had scooted closer to me. "How serious are you about Jamie?" I paused, hesitated, for only a second, but he took that as my answer and leaned over to kiss me.

My heart went into over drive from just one kiss from him, one simple, amazing kiss. Without thinking, I reached up and buried my hands in his soft hair, pulling him closer to me. Being with him felt right, almost normal. I felt his hand move down my side...towards my stomach. I jumped up, "Lets go swimming." It took him a second to orient himself. "Swimming? In this weather?" "The pool is heated." I rushed, remembering someone mentioning it before. He smiled and pulled off his coat, shirt, and then pants. "You better be right." He warned and jumped in. it took a few second, but when came back up he said, "Oh yea, its warmed in here than out there." I sighed, you got yourself into this Cheyenne. I peeled off my coat and then, slowly, pulled off my dress. I turned and looked at my reflection in the glass windows. I guess I didn't look as fat as I thought, to anyone who didn't know, I would just look like I "filled out" as Tara had put it. Before I froze to death I pulled off my heels and leggings, thankful that I had worn boy shorts tonight and not a thong, and then unclasped my bra, crossing my arms in front of my boobs. I descended the steps slowly, not sure if the water would really be warm, but when it was, I decided to dive in, might as well get it over with. Thank the Maybelline gods for water-proof make-up, I thought when I surfaced from under the water right in David's face. "You're so beautiful." He said, wrapping his warm arms around me; we stayed like that, me in his arms, for the rest of the night.

Love it? Hate it? Vote and Comment please

(picture on the side is of the car Tara and Cheyenne parked next to I added it because my friend Libby wanted that to be her car in this story, I named a lot of the characters after real friends)