The baby (bump) blues (Part 13)

This was suppose to be part of the last chapter, but for some reason I thought I'd shorten the last chapter and add this separate so that the two related parts could be together....anyways, here is the next part :]

After dropping Libby off, I make a quick stop at subway and then headed for St. Leo's Pediatric Clinic. Kelsie had told me when and where the meetings for teenage mothers were, so, it was up to me to actually go to them. I don't know why, but I felt really self-conscious as I walked down the hallway towards the meeting room. I kept running my hands down my long, grey, sweater dress. Hayden was being frisky, wiggling around, but not kicking. My leggings were sticking to me too tightly and my boobs were fucking sore! Complainer, I mumbled to myself. I tried to think of the last time I had complained and couldn't seem to remember, not really, since before my mom's illness. I used to be a spoiled brat, how fast you grow out of that when both of your parents are gone...

I made it to the lobby. Fifteen girls were sitting around in various chairs. They all looked up at me, standing there nervously, a dark haired girl smiled. I rubbed my wiggly bump and went to sit next to her. I didn't mean to stare, but holy crap, her stomach was huge! So were her boobs, but her stomach evened out their size. "I know." She said, rubbing her small planet. "I was on bed rest for a majority of the pregnancy." She laughed and stretched her back. "Oh, why? Is something wrong with your baby?" I clutched my stomach protectively. It was always good to read your baby books, but one bad outcome was, they made you paranoid, telling you what to watch out for and what could happen to your baby if you do something wrong. The dark haired girl smiled, she looked tired; she had on no make-up and a cute pair of glasses with purple trim. Her hair, which was dark brown, almost black, fell loosely on her shoulders; but despite the overall exhausted look, I could see how happy she was. "No," she replied, answering my question. "It was me. My body kept trying to deliver him early...but, we made it." I stared at her, wondering if I could have been as brave as she seemed in that same situation. "Why are you moving around now? Shouldn't you be home?" I asked, worried. "Oh no. His contract has expired, time for this little bug to move out. The doctor said moving around will help get this show on the road."

I stared into her dark eyes, so confident and sure. "So you're not here for the meeting?" I asked, noticing now that she was wearing hospital clothes. "Not unless you want me to deliver in front of the class." She joked. "But you'll be fine. The doc is great. Oh look, here she comes now." I watched as a tall, leggy, doctor-woman gracefully walked through the lobby to the office door and unlocked it. "Come on girls, sorry I was late." All of the girls in the lobby filed into the room. I looked at the dark haired girl. "Well, good luck..." "Clarissa." She supplied. "Clarissa. I'm Cheyenne, by the way, and this is Hayden." I rubbed my stomach. "Austin." Clarissa said, rubbing her belly in turn. I smiled, "I hope I'll see you around." "No worries." She smiled. "You will."

Okay don't hate me! This was the shortest chapter in history only because it was suppose to be part of the last chapter. I promise that the next chapter is going to be longer.

I also realize this is kind of boring, but it's suppose to introduce you into the next chapter. Okay, here is goes...

By the way vote/comment and let me know how you like the story.