Chapter 14 the family

So ummmmm new bio guys! Either go to the info and look at it or go to the very first part in the book (: love y'all! AND THANK YOU ALL SO SO SO SO MUCH FOR THE 1K READS!!!! <3
~Kenzie

Mackenzie

Once we got to the airport, I'm giddy with excitement. Austin and I are holding hands, of course, and I was mindlessly playing with his fingers and I skipped through the airport.
"Your so strange." Austin laughed and I playfully gasped.
"What?" I ask giggling. "Me? Weird? Never."
Austin just laughs at me before he leans down and presses his lips to my cheek, gently and I blush. He smiles and I smile back at him.
We get to the security check point thingie and I walk slowly through the metal detector.
"Your good." The man grumbles, only half awake. Austin walks through and intertwines his hand back in mine. I look down at our perfectly intertwined hands and sigh contemptibly. This felt too good, to right, it felt too much like a sappy romance novel, or Nicholas sparks movie. Don't get me wrong, I love Nicholas sparks and all, but his stories are just always so predictable, like the guy gets the girl, they break up, something happens, he "saves" her more or less, and then happily ever after.
"What are you thinking about?" Austin whispers in my ear, sending shivers down my spine, and squeezes my hand gently.
"Surprisingly, Nicholas sparks movies." I say laughing and he looks at me funny before shaking his head slightly and joining me in my laughter.
"Let's go." He says pulling me towards the boarding zone for our plane. Once they check our tickets and we settle into our seats, which Austin generously bought all four of us despite my arguments that we didn't need the most expensive seats on the plane, I bring out my phone, earbuds, and a pack of gum. After sticking a piece into my mouth, I lean towards Austin.
"Want some?" I ask motioning towards the gum. He smiles and takes a piece.
"Thanks!" I nod, laying my head back on the head rest and closing my eyes. The plane starts to move and I grab Austin's hand.
"Don't like takeoff?" He whispers in my ear and grabs my hand. I shake my head in response.
"Or landing." I say before resting my head into the crook of his neck. The plane begins to lift in the air and I squeeze Austin's hand. He smooths my hair and I take a deep breath. I open my eyes and were in the air.
The pilot tells us we can use electronics, so I turn my phone back on, letting go of Austin's hand, and turning it on airplane mode. He pouts and I giggle plugging in my headphones, and going to my playlists. Austin's sighs loudly and I playfully slap his arm and shush him, before I hand him one earbud. I put on bulletproof love by pierce the veil, and I snuggle my head back into Austin. He puts his arm around me and I instantly fall asleep.

Austin

After messing around with her about her hand leaving mine, she hands me one of the earbuds and I immediately put it in my ear. She plays a song I don't recognize and then quickly falls asleep. I laugh quietly to myself, so I won't wake her up, and grab her phone. Since when does she listen to pierce the veil? That's different. I unlock her phone and scroll through her playlist, looking for a good one when I find one titled: <3 Austin <3.
I open it, puzzled, to find a playlist full of all of my songs, plus songs I used to sing for her all the time, like ill be by Edwin McCain and I won't give up by Jason Mraz. Scrolling through the most played songs on the playlist I find one called, say something by a great big world, which was the most played song on the playlist. (A.N. The original version guys, without Christina)

Without thinking I hit play. The song plays and I listen to the words so deeply, that I don't realize Mackenzie's awake until she speaks.
"I found this song when I left, about a week after." She says not looking at me, but I still see the tear fall from her eye.
"Oh god kenzie, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you, I was just curious." I say pulling her into me and holding her close, when she begins to sing along with the sad song.
"Say something I'm giving up on you, I'm sorry I couldn't get to you, anywhere I would've followed you, say something I'm giving up on you."

"Your voice is so beautiful." I murmur, rubbing my thumb over her cheek, wiping away the tears. "Don't cry, I'm right here and I always will be, for now on."
She lays her head back on to me,
"I know." She whispers.
The rest of the plane ride was nice, we scrolled through her music and played bits and pieces of our favorite songs and laughed at each other, the moment we previously shared was pretty much non-existent after that. We went to land and I held Mackenzie's hand until the plane stopped moving. Once everyone was getting up she gently kissed my cheek.
"I love you." She says smiling at me. I feel my heart skip a beat and I smile until my face feels like it's going to crack.
"I love you more." I say before grabbing our bags and walking with her, hand in hand, to the baggage claim. She swings our arms back and forth as she hums to one of the thousand songs we listened to, when they begin to swarm us, the reporters and paparazzi. I begin the panic and pull Mackenzie in closer to me.
"Hey guys!" I hear a bubbly voice say, Mackenzie. What the heck?
"Mackenzie? You and Austin are in Texas together what does that mean?" Someone says and she laughs.
"It means that were going to meet his family, duh guys."
"I meant for your relationship." The report says and rolls her eyes at Mackenzie's perkiness. Mackenzie looks up at me and I smile grabbing her waist.
"Were back together." She says after looking back at the reporters.
"Austin any comments?" Another asks shoving a mic in front of me, mackenzie giggles quietly and I smile.
"Nope, I'm happy, she's happy, what else would I have to say?" I ask and then I push past the paparazzi, pulling a laughing Mackenzie along with me.
"What's so funny?" I ask and she stops laughing and just smiles at me.
"You," she says bopping my nose. "You are silly."
"Alright what'd you do to my girlfriend, this ones to perky." I say playfully and I pick her up by her waist, running to the baggage claim where my mo and Dave were already waiting.
"Austin! Put me down!" She manages to squeal in between her laughter. Smiling, I stop and set her on the ground and place my lips onto hers. She brings her arms to my neck and I place my hands at her waist. We kiss for a few more seconds, before I smile breaking off the kiss.
"Better?" I tease.
"Of course." She smiles and I take her hand as we swing our arms together over to my mom, who smiles at us.
"Awe you two are so cute." My mom says and Mackenzie blushes as I groan. My mom laughs and we walk to the car. The minute we step outside Mackenzie stops. Dave and my mom don't see and continue on.
"Piggy back ride?" She asks batting her eyelashes.
"Fine," I groan. "Your lucky I love you."
She laughs and jumps onto my back.
"It's hot in Texas." She says laying her head on my back as I begin to walk.
" 'Cuz your here." I wink even though she can't see me and she giggles.
"Oh shut it." She replies and I laugh. We make it to the car, only a few seconds behind my mom, and I smile.
"My car!" I yell, running to the hood and laying, face first, on it. "I missed you so much."
"Wow what a drama queen." I hear Mackenzie say and I look up at her with a devilish smirk.
"What was that babe?" I say walking towards her, her facial expression drops and she runs to the other side of the car.
"Austin, stop!" She squeals. I grab her by the waist and pull her into me, kissing her cheek gently, I could feel her smiling.
"So you two take the Camero and well take the range rover Kay? Be careful." My mom says and I thank her. I open the door for Mackenzie, letting her in, before jogging to the other side, and getting in myself. We drive for a few minutes just listening to the sound of the radio and taking in the scenery, before we pulled up to my house. Oh, god I missed this place. I got out, locking the door before Mackenzie could get out, and walked over to her side, opening the door.
"You don't have to do that." She says rolling her eyes.
"Yes, I do." I say, and it's true, my mom raised me to be a gentleman, no matter what. I grab her hand as we walk up to the door. I could tell she was nervous so I squeezed her hand.
"It'll be fine." I say kissing her cheek. She smiles and nods before I open the door. The house was dark and quiet. I flick on the switch, taking off my shoes and everyone jumps out screaming surprise. I laugh, my whole families watching me as I finish taking off my shoes and look around, there's a poster that says welcome home, Austin! And I bunch of decorations.
"Thank you guys!" I say smiling at all of them. "And this is Mackenzie, my girlfriend."
"Hi." Mackenzie says meekly. Everyone goes back to socializing as I walk Mackenzie around, showing her people.
"Mackenzie, this is my aunt Lisa, auntie, this is Mackenzie." I say and Mackenzie goes to shake her hand. My aunt puts her hand down and hugs her.
"Hand shakes seem to formal. Hugs are better." My aunt smiles and Mackenzie laughs. Aunt Lisa walks away to go talk to some people and I introduce Mackenzie to my cousins, when Logan runs up to me.
"Austin, Austin!" He yells making his way towards me, I let go of Mackenzie's hand, who is listening to my cousins story about something stupid I did as a child, and squatted down to his level.
"What's up bud?" I ask.
"Your back." He says hugging me.
"Yep, do you want to meet someone?" I ask him once he let's go of me.
"Sure." He smiles. I point up to Mackenzie.
"See her?" I ask and he nods. "That's Mackenzie."
"She pretty." He says looking at her. I look up at her and she's laughing hysterically.
"Yes, yes she is." I say.
"Will you play wit me?" He asks and I smile at him.
"Why don't I get Mackenzie to play too? How about that?" I say and his face lights up.
"Yeah!" He says and I laugh.
"One second." I reply and stand up to my normal height. Wrapping my arms around her waist, she continues talking.
"Hey can I steal her for a sec?" I ask my cousin, he nods and I grab Mackenzie's hand.
"C'mon." I say pulling her around the corner to the deserted hallway. We walk until we get to my room, where Logan has all of his stuff. She looks around the room in awe, before she sees little Logan playing with some toy trucks on my bed.
"Awe." She sighs walking over to him.
"Hi, I'm Mackenzie, you must be Logan. Austin talks about you a lot, you must be really special." She says to him using her child voice.
"Yeah, I'm Logan. I'm four." He says. (A.N. okay it's a guess that he's four, alright. Hush.)
"Wow! Your so big." She replies. "Can I play?" He nods. She picks one of the trucks and makes a truck noise while driving it across my bed. Logan laughs.
"You can't drive there." He says while climbing down to the floor. She blushes.
"Whoops sorry." She says following him down to the floor. I pick up a truck from my bed and join them on the floor. I roll the truck around making truck noises before I run into Logan's car. He giggles before ramming his car back into mine. I laugh and ram mine into his. We all play cars for a few minutes before my mom walks into my room.
"Foods ready." She says smiling and walks out. Mackenzie stands up.
"Alright guys let's go eat." She says picking Logan up. I grab her hand as we make our way into the dinning room. I run over to grab two empty seats for both of us. Mackenzie sets down Logan in his spot before making her way over to where I was waiting, I pull out her chair and she sits down. I lean forward to her ear.
"Your going to make a great mom one day." I say smiling referring to her and Logan. She blushes and I sit down in my seat. The foods set out like a thanksgiving feast and we all join hands to say grace. When we finish we all dig in and I help Mackenzie get some food before everyone else grabs it all. I manage to get some for both of us and we begin to eat. Once the foods all gone, Mackenzie being the polite girl she always has to be, volunteered both of us for dishes.
"Really?" I groan as she makes me dry and put away.
"C'mon don't be such a butt." She says laughing. We finish all the dishes and everyone begins to slowly leave. The only people staying were Logan and my aunt Lisa. I walk Mackenzie back to my room with me and she quickly gets changed, as do I, into sweats. She flops down onto the bed and sighs.
"Well that was fun." She says and I laugh quietly, so wouldn't wake up my aunt, next door. I shake my head and turn off the lights. I climb into bed behind Mackenzie and wrap my arms around her waist.
"Goodnight beautiful." I say kissing her jaw.
"Goodnight austy." She replies yawning
slightly. I smile before following her example and falling asleep too.

-*-
So I wanted to say... Hiiiiii! And if there's anything incorrect about Logan please be nice.... I've only seen the videos on Instagram and decided he was adorable and needed to be in the strong okay? Okay. Love you all so much :* ~Kenzie