Chapter 12 the night

Mackenzie

Josh leaned over my weak, limp body, tugging at my pants.

"Take them off." He growled tying my hands onto the post of the bed.

"Josh please stop." I begged now in tears. He slapped me.

"Shut up." He said and pulled my pants off. Literally ripping my shirt off, I begged him to stop, once again, with no luck.

"Josh please." I cry and he punches me in the stomach. Where was my knight in shinning armor? Why didn't I get someone to save me.

"Austin." I whimper and josh grabs a knife digging it into my neck.

"Never say his name again." He says through gritted teeth.

"O-okay." I stammer. "Please don't hurt me."

He laughed and dug the knife into my writs. Screaming in pain, he dug deeper.

"Josh stop!" I scream and he slaps me.

"I'm bored." He states and throws the knife onto the floor. "I'll be back later."

He walks out of the room and I cry.

"Austin. Where are you? Why aren't you here to save me. Help me please." I whimper.

"Mackenzie, mackenzie please stop. Calm down I'm right here. Your okay. Mackenzie." I hear Austin's voice crack and I wake up to find myself in the hospital bed cuddled up next to austin, who looked scared, guilty and on the verge of tears.

"Austin?" I croaked out before I buried my face in the crook of his neck.

"Shhh. It's okay I'm right here. It was just a dream princess." Austin says soothing my hair.

"No austin it wasn't. It was real. He really did that." I cry into him. He just hold me tight and whispers in my ear.

"It's okay now, no one will ever hurt you ever again. I promise, I promise it on my own life."

I calm down a bit and let austin hold me. I felt safe in his arms.

"I'm sorry austin." I say finally.

"For what beautiful?"

"For freaking out just now, For not trusting you, For wanting more from you, For putting you in danger, For-"

I didn't get to finish my apologies because austin brought his warm lips to mine and kissed me. Kissing for a few more seconds, he reluctantly pulled himself off of me.

"Austin." I whined like a two-year old.

"I'm sorry babe but I don't want to hurt you. I promise when your all better we can kiss more." He said pecking my lips. "And don't be sorry, I love you more than anything in the world mackenzie, I would do anything for you. If I could have, I would have taken that bullet, I would've jumped in front of you and made sure you weren't hurt. I would do anything to go back in time and make myself stay at the park longer because if I did none of this wouldn't have happened."

"Austin, I love you, more than you can imagine. But I have one question, why did you leave?" I ask.

"I thought I was being selfish, making you stay with me despite all the pain I put you through. You deserve someone so much better than me. Someone perfect like yourself." Austin said playing with a strand of my hair.

"I'm not perfect. I'm far from it. I'm still that insecure girl that you met years ago. I still have scars and my past, I'm just more open with it, more accepting of it." I say and he smiles.