[29]

Chapter 29 : Wang Siblings

The rest of the boys were in the living room, watching tv on the lowest audible volume so they wouldn't disturb Jackson. "I'll go to Jackson." I tell Mark. He nods, giving me a smile.

I went over to the only door that was closed and opened it quietly. I see Jackson sleeping in bed with a towel on his head. I went to sit beside his bed, taking the towel off his head and dipping it into water before wringing it out.

I sang softly to my brother, hoping the cold sensation wouldn't disturb his rest. I carefully dragged the towel against his face and arms before placing it on his forehead again.

Jackson's always been a hard worker. The guy who forgets about his health just because of his busy schedule. Which is why he usually just took medication when he felt unwell.

"Emily?" His voice snaps me out of my thoughts. I look at him to see that his eyes were still shut. "Emily." He says again. I wake him up, afraid that he might be having a nightmare. "Em." He says, bringing me into a sudden hug.

"How are you feeling?" I asked when we pulled away. "Like death." He jokes. "Aigoo.. You tire yourself out way too much." I tell him, shaking my head. "I'll be fine don't worry about me." He says, laughing a little.

I frown at his attempt at acting like he's perfectly fine. "You know, I'm not like Mom. I'm not going to leave when you say that." I say, crossing my arms. "How was your shows?" He says, attempting to change the topic.

I'll give it to you this once Jackson.

"They were fun. Tiring, but fun." I say, forcing a smile. "I know. I've seen you perform. You were made to do this." Jackson says with a smile. "You make your fans happy Jackson. You deserve some rest. So please don't push yourself beyond your limits." I say as my bottom lip wobbled.

I've never seen my brother this sick before. Well, I've never seen him sick since we were 8. "Yah. Why are you crying?" He asks, laughing as he wipes my tears. "Because I don't like seeing you hurt like this." I say, frowning as he teases me. "Aigoo.. My crybaby sister." He cooed, pulling me into a hug.

I smile, wrapping my arms around him. "Do you want anything to eat?" I asked. "I'll eat about anything." He tells me.

"Okay. I'll go make food for you. I'll be back." I say, before I leave the room, heading towards the kitchen.

To my surprise, the boys were already there making food. "What are you guys making?" I ask, scaring some of them by accident. "Chicken Porridge with sliced pork." Yugyeom answers, letting me taste what they have. He brings the spoon to my mouth. "Woah. It's really good." I say, giving them a thumbs up. Jinyoung Oppa cheers, doing a little victory dance.

I laugh. "Gyeom. Continue seasoning the rest of the pork." Mark tells him, gesturing to the container that had a few more strips of pork belly. "Aish.. Your boyfriend has unbelievable mood swings." Yugyeom whispers to me, shaking his head. I smile and look over to Mark who's frying the pork belly.

I go over to BamBam and Youngjae who were cutting up the cooked pork belly. Jb was doing the laundry while Jinyoung cooked the porridge.

"Can I help?" I asked, as I stood by them. "No, you're our guest! Just sit down, you can watch." Youngjae says, pushing me down to a chair. I sigh and nod.

••

"Thanks for the food guys." Jackson says as he sits down with a smile. "Let's eat." Jb says, nodding.

I take some porridge into my bowl and place the sliced pork belly unto a separate bowl, not wanting for them to soften in the porridge. "Woah. If I visit you guys more often, can you cook for me too?" I ask, as I ate the food happily. "Pfft." Jinyoung says with a playful glare.

"Unnie. It seems like you guys spent more time with the EXO Hyungs." Yugyeom says. "Hmm? I guess so." I say with a shrug. I didn't really think much of it because most of the time, we were just eating.

"Who do you prefer? EXO or GOT7?" BamBam asks with a frown. "GOT7." I say with a smile, making them cheer. "I actually barely know them. Most of the time when they're with us, we're just eating." I say. "That's good." Mark says, with an overprotective expression on his face.

"I sense the jealousy." Jackson says with a laugh. "Do the EXO Hyungs know that you and Mark are a thing?" Jb asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yeah. They've even teased me about it." I say with a slight groan, shaking my head. "You should've seen the amount of fans that came up to Mark with questions about you two during the tour!" Youngjae says. "Oppa! Are you and that 7Heaven girl really dating?" Jinyoung mimics.

"Jinyoung, stop." Mark whines, nudging him. I laugh and eat my food in silence as they engage in their own conversation.

••

Mark had decided to walk me home. And that he did. We now had hoodies on. I was wearing one of his, because I didn't bring one along. It was slightly colder than usual which really confused me.

Something was on my mind. I was no longer thinking of the girls. I was thinking of Mark and I. I know we sort of had some type of closure on the matter. But I can't help but wonder if it's because he doesn't want other to know that we're together.

We're in public now, together. That was a big enough hint, I guess. I couldn't help but feel a little insecure.

Then I started questioning our relationship. Why did he choose me out of all the other girls? I've seen his fans. Most of them are model material. Perfect bodies and hair. They were all beautiful. Why me?

I was just his best friend's sister after all. Just Emily Wang. The girl who had a huge crush on him after he saved her from bullies.

"You're really quiet." Mark says. I looked over to him and saw that he had some concern for me. "I'm fine. What do you want to talk about?" I asked, forcing a smile. "What were you thinking about?" He asks. I noticed that we were in the area where my dorm building was.

"Us. Being public." I admitted. He sighs. "Do you really want for us to announce it?" He asks.

Why does he make it seem like it's a huge task?

"We don't have to." I say, my voice a little softer than how I would normally speak. I didn't want to force him into something he didn't want to do.

"Okay." He answers simply. This Mark's back. The cold Mark. I bit the inside of my cheek, not knowing what to say.

I shoved my hands into the pockets of my jeans, trying to get some warmth. I looked around to see that the streets weren't that packed tonight. It was actually quite silent compared to other nights. Where there would be chaotic traffic ongoing.

Mark grabs my arm, making me realise that I had been walking in front of him the entire time. "Are you mad or something?" He asks, his eyebrows furrowed. I shook my head. "I didn't realise that I was walking faster." I said, looking up to him.

"If you're really that disturbed about it, then we can announce it." He says, with a sigh. My eyes divert to something that was above him. "Mark.." "No. I mean you really look like you'd want to so.." I sighed as he interrupts what I was about to say.

"Ma-" "Emily. I don't want to make it seem like I don't want other people to know that we're dating. I just never found the n-" I cut him off, pulling him down by his shirt, pressing my lips unto his. He smiles into the kiss, pulling me closer.

Eventually, I pull away and point up.

Mistletoe.