[4] Barbecue

"Let's go!" I squeal as I get on Yumi's motorcycle. Yes, Yumi's a bad ass. She has confidence. Basically the woman of many's dreams.

"Come back safely!" My Dad shouts as we drive off. I hold onto her, laughing as the breeze blows through my hair. "Careful Em." Jackson shouts from the van. "I will!" I shout back. "So are you two good now?" Yumi asks, raising her voice so I could see her. "Uhm.. I guess you can say so." I tell her. I put down the screen for my helmet, afraid that something might get into my eyes.

The ecstasy you get while on a motorcycle is incredible. You'll feel like you're at the top of the world. It's amazing actually.

As the ride comes to a halt, I take off the helmet, ruffling my hair while I get off the motorcycle. "Hey Hot stuff!" Jina calls from the car that the girls took. "I'm hungry, let's hurry." I say, clapping my hands.

The boys arrive after awhile and we make our way to the barbecue pit. "I'll start on the charcoal and fire." Jackson says. The boys help me out, stacking charcoal on top of fire starters. The girls and I unload the food unto the table. We poked the sausages unto sticks and we broke the bones of the chicken, so it'll cook evenly.

"Let's go." I grease the surface lightly before putting the meat on top. The coal was white and smoke came out almost immediately. We started fanning after awhile. The boys start playing music before they run off to the sand and play volleyball. Surprisingly, Mark was really good at it. Well.. explains his height I guess. "Eun-chae, pass me the plates please." I say, holding my hand out. She gives me a paper plate where I put the cooked sausages. "Give me more of the meat." I say. Jessica carries over the marinated meat. I put the chicken on one side, pork in the middle and beef on the other.

"Unnie. Did we bring rice?" Jina asks Yumi. "I think one of the boys did. It's two huge containers of rice." She answers. I look around and see a plastic bag. "It might be in that." I say, pointing to it. Jina opens it and places the containers of rice unto the table.

"You know what's going to be a pain?" I asked. The girls hum in response. "Cleaning up." They all groan. I laugh at their response, humming along to the music that was blasted from speakers. "Excuse me." I hear someone say in English. "Em." I hear someone call. I pass over the cooking job to Yumi.

"Hey, how can I be of help?" I ask the lady. "Oh thank god. I've been looking for someone who can speak English. Anyway, do you know where this Cafe is?" She asks, showing me a picture on her phone. "Oh. Make a right on that turn over there and go straight. The Cafe should be the second shop you see." I tell her. She thanks me, giving me a bow before going off.

"Yumi." I say, taking the tongs from her. "Imagine what would've happen if Em wasn't here. The poor woman would've been walking around aimlessly." Yeo-jin says, shaking her head.

I guess that's true.. But i'm sure there would've been other people who could've helped her.

"Oh, the meat's done." I say, shifting them unto a plate. We washed up the containers and kept them so flies wouldn't be attracted. "Guys!" I shouted, their attentions diverts to me. I gesture to the food. I sit down as the boys start rushing over.

We all start eating. They were involved in a conversation while I stayed quiet. "Do you guys want to go swimming?" Jang-mi asks. "Sure." The boys respond. "You guys go ahead, I didn't pack anything to swim in." I tell them, shoving a spoonful of rice into my mouth. "I knew you wouldn't think of bringing anything. So I brought extra clothes for you to use." Jackson says, ruffling my hair. "Huh? Oh Okay then." I say, shrugging. He smiles slightly before he goes back to their conversation.

The girls and I went to the nearby rest room. I went into one of the stalls and took off my clothes, changing into one of Jackson's shirts and I was about to change into the basketball shorts that he packed but Eun-chae throws me a pair of fbt shorts. "I packed another one by accident." She explains. I put it on and keep my clothes into a plastic.

I folded the long sleeves of the shirt and tucked a portion into the shorts so that It looked like I actually had something underneath. Jackson wasn't that buff, so his shirts weren't that big. But you could tell that this shirt wasn't my size.

We went back to the pit where I placed the plastic bag into my bag. "Let's go!" Jina squeals, pulling me to the beach. "Hot sand!" She screams. I rolled my eyes and let out a sigh before we reached the water. I stayed by the shore where I kicked the water and sand.

"Hey little lady." Mark says, as he joins me. "Oh hey Mark." I say, looking over to him. "Wow, don't sound too excited." He says sarcastically. "Why aren't you with the girls? They seem to be enjoying the water." He asks, running a hand through his blonde hair. "I'll join them later on. I want to enjoy this place first." I say, making up an excuse. Frankly, I didn't know why I wasn't with the girls.

"I don't believe you. But I'll let it slide for now." He says, giving me a smile. "So, what angelic spirit took over you guys so you wouldn't come over for 10 years." I asked, looking over to him. "Practice. Usually if we're not practicing, we're at meet and greets, recording studios and concerts." He explains. "Oh.. That explains everything.. I guess." I say, shrugging as I crossed my arms. "So, how have you been these 10 years?" He asks. I laugh and shake my head.

"Well, I'm still the same Emily. I started taking part in more sports activities, dance classes and I learnt how to play the guitar just awhile ago." I say, sighing at the amount of things I've done these past few years. "Any boys?" Mark asks. I chuckle. "It isn't in my interest to be in a relationship. I find it irrelevant." I say, shaking my head. "Wow.. Just years ago you were blabbering on and on about Prince Charming to the girls. And look at you now." He says, smiling at me. "Well, how about you? Any girls?"

Obviously he has some. In fact, millions. They'd probably pounce on his poor girlfriend if the news spread that they were dating.

"Actually, I don't. Haven't found the right girl I guess." He says, giving me a shrug. "How about Jackson? Has he done anything stupid?" I asked, genuinely concerned. "No. Your brother prioritises this band a lot. You may not see how much Jackson was hurting when you shouted at him. But he's been trying his hardest to make you guys proud."

"I guess you're right." I say, looking over to him. "Anyway, why aren't you interested in having a boyfriend?" He asks, changing the topic so I don't get too emotional. "I don't know.. I mean I guess I've never really had the need to feel loved. I never thought of it as love. I feel like I'd be a burden." I explain. Mark laughs. "Well, maybe you've been looking in the wrong places. Some guys can make you feel safe and needed. Some guys make you feel confident. Others make you feel like you're on cloud nine." He says, giving me all the possible types of a guy that could exist. "Then what are girls supposed to make guys feel?" I asked, turning back to walk in the opposite direction as we reached the end of the stretch.

"It's not what they are supposed to make a guy feel. When you find the right guy, you'll make him feel like he wants to protect you. He doesn't want you to be hurt or sad. He wants you to be happy, even if it means for him to be miserable. Every man's goal is to make his lady smile. Whether or not she knows how he feels." Mark says. "Yah. I feel like I'm a counsellor." He whines, nudging me lightly. "You're the one who apparently knows everything about love." I say, laughing at him.

"Let's go!" He grabs me by the wrist as he runs into the water, bringing me with him. I laugh as we both jump and cannon ball, rising to the top to burst out into fits of laughter.