[25]

Chapter 25 : Goodbyes

I felt someone hit my face consecutively. I was beyond annoyed. I opened my eyes only to see a pillow about to hit my face again. I used my hands and grabbed the pillow, standing up as I looked behind me to see Jackson. "Yah!" I scolded, hurling the pillow towards him. "Haven't you ever woken someone up nicely before?!" I yelled. The rest looked at me in shock.

The only time the boys have seen me this angry was when I yelled at Jackson when we were still at home. I groaned and rubbed my temples, trying to get rid of the headache. "What happened?" Mark asks, walking towards me as he wraps me in his arms. "Jackson hit her with the pillow a lot so she'd wake up." Yugyeom says. "Aish.." He says with a sigh, shaking his head. "Sorry Em." Jackson says, tugging on my arm. I nod my head.

"Damn. That was just a pillow. But why does my head hurt so much." I said, causing Mark to pull away. He grabs a cup of water, giving it to me. I drink the whole thing and gave it back to him. "I think you just need some food. Come on." Jinyoung Oppa says, calling us all over to the table.

I walk over and sit down, sighing as I shut my eyes. "Thanks for the food. We'll enjoy it well." Lee Ann says. We all slowly started eating. Mark and I being the usual quiet ones.

"Jagi. Open up." I open my mouth and Mark puts a small bit of stir fried beef in. "Mmm.. It's delicious!" I say, giving him a thumbs up. I take a spoonful of rice and stuff it into my mouth, eating happily. "How was it meeting the EXO guys?" Mark asks as he wipes his mouth with tissue paper. "They were really friendly. I formed a maknae alliance with Sehun Oppa." He smiles slightly and nods. "They were all very tall." I said, frowning.

"You're just short, Em." Hana says jokingly. I sighed and leaned back against the chair. "So, when are you guys leaving for tour?" Lee Ann asks, changing the topic. I looked over to the boys, a little anxious. "Well, we're actually leaving in two days."

Two days.

I didn't even have to think about it. There was no way that we could meet before they fly off. Because both of the bands were extremely busy.

Mark looks over to me, a hand on my knee as he squeezes gently. I give him a reassuring smile. "I'm proud of you guys." I say, looking at all of them. "We're more proud of you." Jb says. "From being the girl who wouldn't even go on stage to receive a certificate to performing in front of thousands of people." Jinyoung adds. "Yah. How about all of you? You guys grew up really well." I said as the memories flooded in.

They would always be around. No matter what happened. If there were fights between any of them, they would resolve it right away. They were like a family. They have this unbreakable bond. No matter how annoying and obnoxious they acted towards each other. They were still inseparable. The GOT7 I know and I love is the little boys who grew up to be men. Singing and dancing for their fans and for their loved ones. Living the dream.

••

"So, are you going to be okay?" Mark asks as we sat on the carpet by the window. He takes my hands into his, as he looks at me. "I should be." I answered, forcing a smile. But of course, emotions were a thing. A tear escaped my eye and he quickly reaches to wipe it away.

"Aigoo.. You can't fool me Em. You're still the same little crybaby Emily." He whispers, bringing me into his arms. I chuckle at his words.

"I got you something." He says.

I pull away as he digs through his pockets to find it. Soon, he asks me to turn around. I shifted my body such that he was facing my back. I see a necklace with a black little charm on it, dangling in front of my eyes before he latches the lock unto the chain. I turn around and thank him. He was wearing the other half of it.

It was a little ying yang necklace that could be separated. He flips his to show that my name was carved into his. I look down and flip mine over as well, seeing 'Mark Tuan' carved on it. I smiled.

"I didn't get you anything." I say, frowning. "It's fine. Having you around me is a gift. So, just stay. Stay around. And if the day comes when you'll no longer have feelings for me, I'll wait. Even if it takes you an entire lifetime. I love you Emily." He says. As he says this, I begin to tear up. "You keep crying." He says, laughing as he wipes my tears again.

"Yah! How can I not cry when you say things like that?" I whine, hitting his chest lightly. He smiles and takes my hands.

"I know. I know that our necklace may not have that much sentimental value as compared to the one you have with Jimin," He begins, his expressions gentle and understanding.

"I just want you to know that if I come back and you tell me that you don't love me anymore, I'll be hurt. Extremely torn. But I'll bare the pain. Even if it means having you around as a friend. I've never wanted to care and protect someone this much." He says, wiping the tears that rolled down my cheeks again with a chuckle.

"I've told you before how a guy should make a girl feel. And I hope that I've done that for you. I want to tell you that you've fulfilled every expectation there is and more. You've been the greatest thing that has happened to me. I love you so much." Mark says, a tear rolling down his cheek as well.

"Mark. You're my absolute world. You've been there for me when I'm at my worst and at my best. You've seen me when I've just woken up. You've seen me in a huge dress. I want to thank you for taking the effort and time to text and call me." I say, tugging on his arms lightly.

"I know that I'm not the best girl out there for you. I'm not the prettiest. I'm not the skinniest. I'm not that talented either. I want you to know that you've made me feel the best I've ever felt in 19 years. You've made me feel like there's someone out there watching out for me as much as I'm watching out for them. When you come back, I'll still be in love with you and your introverted self. And if you do decide that you no longer want to be with me, I'll wait too. I'll wait until we grow extremely old. And to my last breath, I know I'll still love you." I say, giving him a smile as the tears streamed down my face.

"Why does it feel like we're exchanging vows?" We said in unison, causing us both to laugh. He brings me closer to him, tilting my chin up so my eyes meet his. He pulls me in and presses his lips against mine.

Finally.