[1] All Over Again

throwback

I was always known as Jackson's little sister. The sister who played sports and had her group of friends who were way prettier than her. I knew this from all the 'whispers' at the playground during break. The girls tried convincing me that this wasn't true. But of course, My brother had his share of friends who would tease me about this.

"Emily! Come on, walk faster!" "Emily! Share some with us!" "Don't eat everything!" "You play sports but they have no results to your body." "Emily, have you tried going on a diet?"

present time

I woke up screaming, my eyes widened as I felt sweat roll down the sides of my face. Emily. Stop overreacting.

Just yesterday, I was living peacefully in this house peacefully with my Mom, Dad and Jackson. Then Mom decides to give me the worst possible news. My brother's demonic friends were returning after 10 years. Apparently, all of them were a band now. They'd been training to the point where they dropped out of school and spent their days in the company. Lucky for me, I was left alone at school. However, the fact that I was known as 'Jackson Wang's younger sister' irritated me. I mean, I have a name too. It sucked having to live under your brother's shadow.

Over the years, my relationship with my brother slowly deteriorated. We usually had conversations here and there but nowadays, it's either he's at practice or he's asleep. No time whatsoever. Even my parents were upset about this. Not that I minded, the less free time he had meant that I wouldn't be bullied by the horrific people he called his best friends. Unfortunately, I did have a heart so I pitied him and made him breakfast which I doubt he even ate. He would just grab the paper bag and run off, without anything greeting or a word of thanks. So much for being an elder brother.

I rolled my eyes as I got out from my room and into the bathroom where I washed my face and brushed my teeth. "Emily! Come eat your breakfast!" Mom calls from downstairs. "Coming!" I say as I folded the sleeves of my hoodie and sat down at the table next to my Dad. "Morning." I said, giving my both of my parents a hug. "Remember, your brother's friends are coming today. Try not to be rude, okay?" Mom says. "That is if I don't bash their skulls in before they step into the house." I say, earning a laugh that came to an abrupt stop as my Dad received a glare from my Mom. "That's my girl." My Dad silently says, lifting his hand for a high five. I laugh and slap my hand against his.

"After you eat, tidy up your room and change okay?" Mom says. I hum in response as I shove a cut out piece of my pancakes into my mouth. "It's a shame that Jackson couldn't join us for breakfast." My Mom says frowning. "It's okay Mom.. I'll enjoy your cooking on behalf of him." I say, slightly upset to see my Mom tear up. My Dad gives her a hug. "It's starting to piss me off how he's never here." I say, as I rolled my eyes. "Don't say things like that Emily. Mommy's fine." She says, giving me a smile.

Mom.. I can see you hurting on the inside. Stop pretending..

I sigh and quickly finish up my breakfast, hugging my Mom before going up to my room. I quickly do as she told me to. I made my bed and threw the clothes that were spread across the floor into the laundry basket. I grabbed my laptop, placing it on top of my study table where my books were stacked neatly. 4 guitars were hung up on my wall together with amplifying cords and an amplifier that was neatly kept below my study table.

I swept my room's floor and using a floor wipe, cleaned it. I didn't do this because my Mother told me to do so. I did it because I didn't want for my Mother to do it. She spends her time taking care of my brother's things while he's gone which is everyday. She cooks for him, in hopes that he'll eat at home but he never does.