[5] Joan

I lazily groaned as I heard urgent knocks at my door. "What do you want?" I shouted, annoyed. "Come on! The boys and I cooked breakfast." Jackson says, pulling me out of bed. "Jackson! Let me sleep!" I scream, kicking him away and jumping on my bed, clutching my blanket closer to me.

"Dad! Emily's not getting up!" Jackson shouts. "Let her sleep Jackson, she's been having a lot of dance practices lately. She must be tired." My Dad defends. "Thanks Dad!" I said from my room, smiling before I shut my eyes once again.

"But, you really should come down." He says. I groan and get up, going to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. "Morning." I mumbled as I entered the kitchen. "Good Morning honey. Come eat. Your brother's friends worked hard on this." Mom says, giving me a smile. I hug her before sitting down on the seat next to her. I start eating, without another word wanting to return to my room once I was done.

"Jackson, Emily. Your cousin, Joan, called earlier. She's coming over later." Dad says, causing Jackson and I to groan in unison. "I'm genuinely disgusted." Mom says, rolling her eyes. My entire family hates her. She's always been hated by my family when she tried getting with Jackson. She was with another guy at that time and the poor dude was heartbroken when we told him what was going on.

"If she comes anywhere near my room. I'm spending the rest of my week, away from school to disinfect every single spot in there." Jackson says, scowling as he eats his food. "Who's Joan?" Yugyeom asks politely.

"Joan's my cousin. She's a year older than me. She will try to get with every single one of you guys. So please, avoid her. She's such an attention whore." I say, rolling my eyes. Joan was always determined to have the things both Jackson and I had. She tried fencing, football, basketball and even playing instruments. But to be frank, the girl wouldn't even go through to the second stage of a competition even if she slept with every one of the judges.

"Point to the guy you think she'll flirt with the most." Junior says. "1, 2, 3." Jb counts. The boys all point to Mark while I ate my food. "You're no fun." Jackson whines, flicking my forehead. "Yah!" I scold, forming a fist with my hand wanting to hit him. "Why would she flirt with me?" Mark asks. The boys look at him in disbelief. "You're the most handsome one here." BamBam says. "You know what would piss her off? If Mark was together with Emily. Joan insists on having literally everything that Emily has." Jackson adds, laughing. I rolled my eyes. "She was desperate enough to flirt with you. She'll take any male with two legs." I say, earning claps from the boys. "Your sister's a savage." Yugyeom says, laughing. Jackson sighs, shaking his head.

"Let's make it happen then. Mark pretend that you and Emily are together. Just for today." Jb says, smiling widely. "Yah. Why don't I get a say in this?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. "Did she just say 'Yah' to me? I'm your Oppa!" Jb says, frowning. "Hmph." I huff, crossing my legs as I continue eating. "Sure." Mark says, giving us a shrug. "This is going to be so fun." Jr says, clapping as he laughs. "Jackson. What if she hits me?" I ask, scratching behind my neck. "We'll hit her back!" Yugyeom shouts almost immediately. "She's a girl." Youngjae says, smacking Yugyeom behind the head. "I give you full authority to bash her skull in." I smirk once I hear this.

"Em! Joan's here!" Dad calls. I laugh as I hear the disgust in his voice. "Coming!" I say, rushing down the stairs to see the Devil herself. Joan looked pretty, no doubt about that. She had long black hair that went up till her waist. The shirt she wore hugged her body and it was tucked into denim shorts.

"Emily! It's been so long!" She squeals, running over to me as she gives me a hug. "Totally." I answer uncomfortably as she shakes me. I look up to see the boys with amused grins. "Aren't you going to introduce me to these gentlemen?" She says, facing them with a hand on her hip. "They can introduce themselves." Jackson says.

"I'm Yugyeom."
"Youngjae."
"Hi. I'm BamBam."
"I'm Jb."
"Jr."
"And, I'm Mark."

I looked over to her as Mark introduced himself. Her eyes lit up and she immediately bit her lip. Jackson and I held unto each other's arm, trying not to laugh as she 'seductively' walked herself over to Mark. While Mark on the other hand, didn't pay much attention as he walks over to me. "Jagi. You shouldn't be here. You should be in your room resting." He says, pinching my cheeks as he smiles down at me. I looked at him, slightly confused. Then I remembered. "Sorry. Should I go back to my room now?" I asked, as I held his hands that cupped my cheeks. "Ani. I'll go make you some tea, come on." He says, wrapping an arm around me as we walked into the kitchen.

I could feel Joan's glare burning holes through my back. "Aigoo.. These two have been so sweet ever since they got together." Youngjae says, adding to the effect. "I'm supposed to take care of my lady, aren't I?" Mark says proudly before we enter the kitchen.

"Where do you keep the tea?" He asks, looking at the cupboards. I point towards the top shelves. He opens the cupboard doors and lifts me up slightly so I can reach the box. "O-Oh! Oppa! Can I have some tea too?" Joan asks, as she places a hand on Mark's shoulder. He looks down at her and removes her hand. "Sure and could you not stand so close to me? It's really inappropriate ." He hands her one packet before returning the box. Her eyes widen in shock before she backs away.

Mark pours hot water into a ceramic cup and puts the tea bag in. "Let's share this. I can't finish it anyway." I tell Mark as I look up at him. "Sure. Let's put in some sugar and milk." Mark says, putting a scoop of sugar into the tea while he hands me the milk. I pour it in while he stirs. After which, I return the carton.

I looked around to see that Joan had left her teabag on the counter and went to go to the boys.

"How are you so good at this?" I whispered, laughing at him as he tasted the tea, backing away because of the hot water. "It's just acting like you're my girlfriend. It's nothing too difficult." He says as he blows on a spoonful, before putting it up to my lips. I open my mouth and drink whatever was on it. "Not bad Tuan." I say, giving him a thumbs up. "Let's go to the living room." He says, carefully bringing the cup of tea in his hands, making noises as if he's about to drop it to scare me. "Mark!" I scold, getting anxious. He laughs and places it on the coaster I put on the table.

"Hyung. Why didn't you make tea for us?" Yugyeom asks, frowning. "Because you aren't my girlfriend." The boys whine at the cheesy line. I make a sour expression before breaking into a smile as he ruffles my hair. "But I'm your best friend." Jackson justifies, frowning. "Still not my girlfriend."

I look over to see Joan looking at Mark, trying her best to catch eye contact. Is she really that determined? Doesn't she have million other guys to toy with? Wait. Why am I getting so defensive? This is fake Emily. Get a grip.

Mark wraps an arm around me, while the boys watched tv. "She isn't watching you know." I whispered, as the boys laughed obnoxiously loud at whatever was happening on the show. "Who says I'm doing this for her?" He says, giving me a wink before diverting his attention back to the tv. I sigh and lean my head unto his shoulder, clutching unto him as I shut my eyes.

"Guys. Take pictures. I need blackmail." Jackson says. I hear the sounds of their phone camera's clicking but when I flinched, getting ready for the flash, I couldn't see any. I opened my eyes to see that Mark had brought me to his chest, using his back to shield me.

"Hyung!" Jackson whines. "She's sleeping soundly Jackson. Let her be." Mark says, laughing as he strokes my side. "Oppa. Why are you with Emily? She isn't all that pretty." I hear Joan say. At this point, I had opened my eyes and I could see that Mark was looking down at me. "I don't know. She gives me this feeling. It's indescribable." He says. I look at him in disbelief.

Mark Tuan. Are you toying with my emotions or am I really this petty?