[28]

Chapter 28 : Reunited

"Dongsaeng. Wake up. It's 12pm." Luna muttered from her bed. I let out a groan, before I stretched out my limbs. I sat up and ripped the covers off my body, standing up only for my head to start hurting. I groan, rubbing my temples. I went to the bathroom and washed my face, brushing my teeth as well.

I went back to my room and took my phone off the nightstand, checking for messages.

Mark :
We just reached the dorms. We'll take a nap first. Let's go have some ice cream, okay? Looking forward to it! x

I smile as I read this. Do you really have to ask?

Me :
Mark. Do you really have to ask, at this point? Haha. I miss you so much. See you later! Rest well. I love you. x

I went out to the living room where the girls had ordered Mcdonalds Breakfast. I decide to leave the pancakes to Luna who actually prefers to have a big breakfast. I grab a hashbrown and Hana gives me hers, saying that she doesn't want it. I sat at the table with my eyes partially shut as I ate silently.

Then I remembered. The girls. I haven't talked to them in forever.

Group Chat :

Me : Sorry I've been a stranger lately. It's just really hard to adapt to this new thing. I hope we can all hang out soon. I miss all of you. x

I frowned. Usually, they'd reply me instantly. Were they mad at me?

"Em. You okay?" Tay asks as she hands me a cup of soy bean milk. "Yeah. Guys, I have a question." I say, biting the inside of my cheek. "What's up?" Lee Ann asks as she pours some maple syrup unto her short stack. "Do you guys still keep in contact with the friends you had before this whole thing?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. "To be honest, No. It's been tough, trying to communicate with them. If you haven't realised, the schedules are packed such that we can only talk to the people we interact with daily or weekly even." Eun Min explains, pointing to the schedule board.

I sighed, nodding. "Have they tried reaching out to you?" Young Mi asks. I shake my head. "Then what do you have to feel bad about? They didn't bother trying to communicate with you." Luna asks. "It's not like that Luna. What she's trying to say is that you shouldn't blame yourself. Because they are in the wrong too. They know how busy idol schedules are. So if they never bothered to even drop a text, then why should you blame yourself?" Tay says.

I guess that makes sense too.

••

I walked down to the reception of the building where Mark was, leaning against the wall with his phone in hand. I ran over and brought him into a hug. He quickly wraps his arms around me, his chin resting on the top of my head.

"I've missed you." He whispers, pulling the embrace apart slightly so our eyes would meet. I smiled. "I've missed you too." He interlocks our fingers as we exit the building.

"How was the mini tour?" I asked, looking over to him. "It was fun. I guess I never really got to visit the other parts of Korea until then." He says with a small chuckle. "I see 7Heaven has done multiple shows. How did you find them?" He asks, as he gives me a smile.

"The feeling is completely different. Being backstage, you're nervous and excited. Then when you get on stage, you can feel the adrenaline pumping." I say, getting a little too excited. "Okay. Okay. Calm down we're public." He says, wrapping arm around my shoulders to stop me from bouncing around. "How's Jackson?" I ask, being genuinely concerned for my brother.

"He's gotten the flu. Do you want to visit him? We'll go after we have our date." Mark suggests. "Sure! We should get those mangoes he likes." I say, to which Mark nods. We enter the ice cream shop and he orders two mint chocolate chip ice cream cups. I gave the cashier my card before Mark could reach into his pocket.

"I've been ready for this moment." I say with a cheeky smile playing on my lips. "Aigoo.." He cooed, pinching my cheeks. "Here." I say after I take my card from the cashier, giving Mark his cup. "I'm glad to be back. It's been stressful. Having to switch in between hotels everyday." He says with a small groan. "Your fans are really dedicated to finding you." I say, gesturing over to them as they tried to look like casual passers.

"I guess when we signed the contracts. We signed away our privacy as well." He says with a light chuckle. We sit down on a bench and ate our ice cream. "I can tell that something's on your mind." Mark says, looking over to me.

I furrow my eyebrows and look over to him. "What do you mean?"

He sighs. "I know something's bothering you." I shift my body to look at him. "I don't want to spend our time together, talking about my problems. I promise I'll tell you about it later." I say, giving him a small smile. He nods and wraps an arm around my shoulders, bringing me closer to him. I smile and lean my head on his shoulder.

"Do you want to know what a fan got me?" Mark says. I look up to him and furrow my eyebrows, as if asking "What?" He smiles and says, "She bought one of the 7Heaven plushies. The one that's made to look like you." I laugh.

"Mark. I have a question." It came back to my mind. What the EXO Oppas said when we ate during rehearsals.

"Yeah?" He asks, looking over to me with a slightly concerned expression. I let out a small chuckle. "We're not really out about our relationship to the fans. Like we've never denied it. We've never confirmed it either." I mention. His expression changes and small smile forms on his face. "Jagi." He says, making me smile. "Yes?"

"What are we doing now?" He asks with an amused grin. "Eating Ice cream in the park." I say, unsure of where he was going with this. "We're on a date." He says. I nod, still confused.

"Em. We're in public. On a date. Is it still difficult to tell that we're together?" He asks, giving me a laugh. "Oh.. I didn't think about that." I say, scratching the back of my neck.

"Aigoo.. My stupid girlfriend." He cooed, patting my head lightly. "I'm not stupid." I whined, frowning. He kisses my cheek and keeps his face close to mine as he looks at me. "Pabo." He teases. I push him away from me, rolling my eyes. He laughs and leans his head against my shoulder as he eats his ice cream.

The things this boy does to me. We're acting like we just started dating a day ago. I guess it'll always be that way with him. No matter how long we date, we'll always be this happy. At least, I hope for us to be.

••

Mark and I had our finger intertwined as we walked to their dorm, ignoring the paparazzi that asked us questions. I kept my head down, not wanting to be blinded by the camera flashes. Mark uses his hand to hover over my eyes, blocking them from the bright flash. He continues to guide me to the entrance and once we were in, we went up to their dorm.

"Do the guys know that I'm coming over?" I asked. He shakes his head. I chuckle. "Surprise. Surprise." I say, making him smile. "Stop being so adorable." He mutters. I look up at him, admiring him as he walks. I find that I always smile to myself whenever I'm around him.

I guess it's his affect on me.