[8] Reset

I shifted to the seat across from him. We sat there in silence. Looking at each other probably thinking of what the other one is. "You said you wanted to talk. I don't know if you've forgotten. But in Korea, when you say you want to talk, people have a conversation." I say, looking at him. "I know, Emily. I'm just at a loss of words.. You've changed.. in a good way of course." He says as our eyes meet once more.

"Changed?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow at him. "You aren't the girl from years back. The girl who was less confident in herself. You've become prettier too." He says, giving me a smile. "Typical." I mutter, rolling my eyes. "I'm assuming this isn't what you wanted to talk about. So let's get straight to the point." I tell him, no longer wanting to participate in his mind games. He used this technique to get me to blush and feel like I'm happy all over.

"On the day when we had a skype call. You said things. Things that you felt about me. Do you remember?" Jimin asks, as he places his hands on the table. What? Is this a conversation or an intervention? "What? You mean the call where I confessed what I've been bottling up for all the years I've known you? You mean the call where you had your girlfriend in the room. You mean the call before you stopped all types of communication you had with me? Nope, doesn't ring a bell." I said, sarcastically.

My words came across cold. I was aware of this. And to be completely honest, I don't care. He deserves to feel the pain I endured.

"That girl was my girlfriend. There's no denying that. But at that time, she was obsessive and controlling. I did have feelings for you Emily. But being far from you didn't help the situation. When I gave you that necklace. I thought it would've been enough for me to remember you. But it didn't. I thought of you everyday. Before bed and when I got up. You were the one thing on my mind." He says as he rubs his temples. "That's why I broke up with her after the skype call. I felt that it was unfair for her to believe that she'd have my whole heart when a huge fraction of it belonged to you." He says, gesturing to me.

At this point, I was the one at a loss for words. I didn't know how to respond to what he was saying. It confused me. Why is he telling me this now?

"Emily. I've liked you ever since the day I bought that necklace for you." He confesses, bringing my hands into his. My eyes widened. And I could feel my heart doing flips. I didn't think he would ever say something like this.

"I-I'm sorry Jimin.. But I don't feel the same anymore.. I-I had feelings for you.. But after awhile, it began to fade.. It wouldn't be fair for me to do this to you. I'm sorry." I say, pulling my hands back down to my lap. He lets out a sigh, and nods. "I guess I'm sorry for making you feel the way I probably feel right now." He says, letting out an awkward laugh.

Jimin and the girls had already left moments after Jimin and I spoke because of the awkward atmosphere. It was uncomfortable for me to be in the same room as him. I kept to myself for the rest of the day, sitting in my room as the words that came out of his mouth replayed in my mind.

I brought them to the bus stop. The girls had left in a bus to go to Jessica's house. And before Jimin boarded his bus, he stroked my cheek and brought me closer to him as his lips planted themselves unto my forehead. "I'll still like you, even if you don't like me. Just.. promise me that you'll give me a chance to show you how much I care."

I bit the inside of my mouth as this replayed in my mind. As if the purpose was to get me thinking about my emotions. This was frustrating. I sigh, burying my face into a pillow.

"Emily! We have pizza!" Jackson calls from downstairs. I get up from my bed, going down the stairs to see the boys sitting down on the floor with the pizza boxes in the middle. "You okay?" Jb asks, looking over to me as I sat down beside him. "Yeah. Just really tired." I said, grabbing a slice as I shoved it into my mouth, taking a bite.

"Are you out of your mind too? You hate mushrooms Emily." Jackson points out. I look down, seeing that I picked up a slice that had mushroom, pineapple and cheese. I give it to Jackson as we switch slices. I bit into the pepperoni pizza slice, glad that Jackson told me about the mushrooms. "So, what did you and Jimin talk about? You guys spent a good amount of time in the kitchen." Jr asks.

"Mind your own business Hyung." Yugyeom says, nudging him. "We're all curious actually." Youngjae says. Mark picks up the crust on the pizza box, shoving it into his mouth as he waits for an answer as well. "We talked about.. things. You know, the conversation people have when they haven't seen each other in forever." I answer, trying to be as vague as possible.

"If you didn't want to tell us you could've just said so. I guess your conversation was that confidential?" Mark says, not even looking at me. "Hyung." Yugyeom says, nudging me slightly. "What? Isn't it true though? If she doesn't want to answer us, she doesn't have to. She could've j-" "We talked about us. We talked about our feelings. Are you happy?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "Wait.. Feelings?" Jackson questioned.

"I'm going to tell you all the story. A story that I haven't even told the girls about. I used to like Jimin before he left for America. During one of our skype calls, I confessed to him. And his girlfriend that i didn't know about was in the room. I didn't know she was there. Jimin told me about him liking me back. He explained everything to me earlier." I say, looking at them for a reaction. "Woah.. Is this a korean drama right now?" BamBam asks, looking around jokingly.

"Then Mark would be the male lead." Youngjae says, earning a glare from me. "Why can't Jimin be the lead?" Jr asks. "Because Mark's better for Emily." Jb answers. I stood up, going to the kitchen to wash my hands. I open the fridge and take out a bottle of water, sitting at the table as I drank it.

Mark hasn't been talking to me at all since Joan came. So why does he care now? Boys are seriously so frustrating. My Dad walks into the kitchen and sees me alone. "Why are you here? Shouldn't you be with the boys?" He asks, sitting down across of me. "Dad. I have a question." I say, scratching the back of my neck. "When don't you? Go on." He says, letting out a sigh as he leans back on the chair.

"If a guy shows concern for you after a few days of.. not speaking to you and let's say that you had been talking to him a lot before completely ignoring you, what does that mean?" I asked, leaning forward to observe my Dad.

"Aish. I was never good at this. Do you want me to get Jackson? or Mom?" Dad says. I whine, kicking his leg from under the table. "Okay. Okay. It can mean one of three things, he's genuinely concerned, he just wants to know or he likes you." My Dad says, using his fingers as if he's picking options.

"But Mark couldn't possibly like me." I said, rubbing my temples in confusion. "Mark?" Dad asks, laughing. "Yah. Talk to your brother about this." He says, giving me a pat on the back before he calls Jackson into the kitchen.

I glare at him as he walks away, shaking my head as Jackson steps in. "Sorry about what Mark said. I don't know what's up with him." He says as he sits down, looking at me worriedly.

"He's been acting so cold and heartless ever since the fake relationship with Joan." He points out giving me a sigh.

Since Joan? Did I do anything?

"He's been avoiding me, He hasn't been talking to me. Aish. Boys are annoying." I say as I place my cheek on the marble table. "Do you like Jimin at all?" Jackson asks. "I don't have feelings for him anymore. I really don't." I say, sitting up again to look at Jackson. He smiles and gives me a nod.

"Emily. I think you've just confirmed your feelings for Mark."