[26]

Chapter 26 : Oppa

Rehearsals.

Probably the last place any girl would want to be when she's on her period. Especially if she'll be there for a long time. It's not that complicated really.

Blood + Sweat + Tears

[A/N : If you don't get that reference we can't be friends.]

I didn't have a high pain tolerance. In fact, when I had cramps it felt like the Devil himself was digging into my soul. I guess that pretty much summarises what menstruation really is.

"Em. Break's over." Lee Ann says, handing me some Advil to help with the pain. I gulped the pills down, washing them down with water as I stood up.

We went through the song multiple times. Each time, we had a few arguments about the choreography which was a little messy. We also needed to get the positions for this song , down. Because it required a lot of switching positions.

I sighed, trying not to get frustrated. It's been about five days since the boys have been on tour. I miss them terribly. Mark has sent me some pictures of what he's been wearing for the performances, outfits of which made him look amazing. But then again, you could put him into a potato sack and he'll make it look like it's $100.

We went over the song a couple more times. After each round, our breaths grew heavier and we started sweating more. I grabbed a towel from my bag and wiped my face down, not wanting to be sticky when I got back to the dorm.

"Annyeonghasyo!" A familiar voice greets. I look over to see Suho and them with bags of food. My eyes widened in shock. "We just finished rehearsals and we ordered too much food. So let's all share it." Xiumin says with a toothy smile as they lay out the food on the floor. "Thank you." The girls and I said as we sat down. I was still out of breath at that time so I stayed quiet, trying to regain some composure.

"Aigoo.. You really must be working hard. Here." Kai hands me a bottle of Soy Bean Milk. I thank him, uncapping the bottle and drinking from it. "How's practice?" Lay asks all of us. "Tiring." Tay says with a slight sigh. I chuckle as she shoves a scoop of rice into her mouth.

"Why aren't you eating?" Chanyeol asks me, furrowing his eyebrows as he points to my portion of food. "Oh! I will." I say, smiling before I take the plastic wrap off the black bean noodles.

"You girls sure know how to eat." Baekhyun says jokingly. "This is the first meal we've had today." Lee Ann admits, looking at her watch.

It was about 7pm. The usual time for sunset. Chen frowns and shakes his head. "You guys shouldn't practice on empty stomachs. It's really bad for you." He says. "We weren't completely on empty stomachs. We had granola bars before we started." Young Mi says.

"Oppa. How did you guys know that we were here?" I asked Kai, looking over to him. "Aigoo.. Hearing you call me Oppa is new. Haha. Anyway, we saw Luna's snapchat." He says, giving me a smile. My mouth forms an 'o'. I didn't know that the members had exchanged their snapchats. I personally didn't use snapchat that often anymore. I didn't think anything of it.

My phone vibrates. I put down the food and take it out.

Mark :
How's practice? We just finished a show.

Me :
Oh! The EXO Oppas brought us dinner. They're eating with us right now actually.

I put my phone away and continue eating, not wanting to be rude to them. "Was that Mark?" Kyungsoo asks with a smirk. "Hmm? Yeah." I answered, a little confused as to why he had that expression. "You guys never really announced that you're together. But somehow, everyone's found out." Sehun points out. I nod. "Are you guys planning on announcing it?" Chanyeol asks.

I shrug. I didn't even know that we had to announce it. I just felt that it's my relationship. And I didn't feel the need to tell everyone about it.

Is that bad?

"Hyung! You just made her zone out!" Kai says, laughing. "Huh? Oh. No, I was just thinking of things." I answer, giving them a small smile before I carried on eating.

••

"Emily, let's take a picture together!" Sehun calls as he hands his phone to Xiumin. I nod, wiping my sweat before I stood beside Sehun. He wraps an arm around my shoulders and does a 'peace' sign. I furrowed my eyebrows and smiled a small smile, unsure of what I was supposed to do.

"I'm posting this!" He tells me before he goes unto Instagram. I nod, walking off the my bag where I start to pack up.

"Emily. Come over here." Kai calls, gesturing for me to go over. I went over there with a towel over my shoulder. "I don't know if you've noticed, but it looks like Sehun kind of likes you." He tells me. My eyes widen. "Oppa. Stop joking around." I say with a nervous laugh. "Aigoo.. Are you really that blind? He smiles a lot when you're around." He points out.

"I don't like him that way.. I'm with Mark." I tell him firmly, crossing my arms as I furrowed my eyebrows. "I know, I'm just telling you now so you're aware of what's happening." He says, patting my head as he squats down to my eye level. "I'm not that short!" I whine, pushing him slightly. Kai laughs and shakes his head. "You really are like a little sister. Aigoo.. Can I be your brother?" He asks jokingly, pinching my cheeks. "Ask Jackson." I say, laughing before I walk away.

••

As we reach the dorm, I let out a sigh of relief. Quickly taking a shower before I change into sweatpants and a hoodie. I went over to my laptop and called Mark. After two rings, he answers. "How's your day been?" I asked with a smile. "Emily." He says with a frown.

I furrowed my eyebrows, confused. He shows me his phone which slowly adjusts to the lighting. It's the picture of Sehun and I. "Why do you have a picture with him?" He asks, taking his phone down from the screen. "Mark. Are you jealous right now?" I asked, laughing. "Yah. I'm being serious." He says, crossing his arms. "Mark.."

His expression softens. "Yes?" He asks, his eyes a little more gentle. "I love you." I say, seeing a smile grow unto his face. "I love you too. Sorry if I overreacted. I'm just scared." Mark apologises, reaching his hands up, as if he could touch me. "Right." He says, backing up. I smile and shake my head. "You don't have to be scared of anything. As long as you know that I love you, we'll both be perfectly fine." I tell him.

"Here's the thing, I sort of scolded him." He admits. I widen my eyes. "What did you say?" I asked, a little worried.

--

Mark's pov

I start calling Sehun. I was beyond upset. Beyond angry. I was pissed.

"Yah. Sehun. What do you think you're doing?" I asked, raising my voice. "Hyung, What's wrong?" He asks, his voice unsure. "Don't act innocent. You posted that picture with my girlfriend. What else do you think I'm angry about?" I asked.

There was a silence.

"Hyung. She's just a friend. Do you really not have any trust in her?" I scoff as I hear this come out of his mouth. "I trust her with all my heart. I don't trust you at all. Listen carefully. You're my dongsaeng so I don't want to hurt you. But I swear to God. If you put even a damn finger on my girlfriend ever again, you'll really get it." I say sternly. He clears his throat. "I-I'm sorry, Hyung." Sehun says.

I hang up before he can even say anything else. Knowing that if I had continued the call, I wouldn't be able to hold my anger in.

--

norm pov

"Mark!" I whined, shaking my head. He sighs. "I know, I know. It was inappropriate for me to do that." He says. I smile. "I'm glad you did that though." I said. "Huh? Emily, What are you saying?" He says, laughing nervously.

"At least I know that you're overprotective of me." I say jokingly. He sighs and laughs.