[22]

Chapter 22 : The News

"Alright, you girls ready?" Lee Ann asks. I put on my in-ears and grab my wireless mic. "Guys. Today is the day we've all been waiting for. Let's go out there and show them what we've got." She encourages as we huddle into a circle. "7Heaven!" We cheer as we put our hands in the middle and bring them up at the count of three.

"And now, the moment we've all come to see, 7Heaven!"

We ran out unto stage and got to our positions. Soon, the spotlight shined on all of us. Then, the music started. I could feel my heart about to beat out of my chest. It was a weird mixture of being extremely nervous and extremely excited as well.

Then came my solo. I went up to the front and did the more subtle versions of the choreography. Then came the best part, hair flip. The crowd went wild and I went back to my position. We all continued dancing and singing until the music stopped.

After which, we gathered into a line in order of our age. They all started introducing themselves while I let my eyes roam over to the crowd to try and find the boys.

"Annyeonghaseyo! I'm the english speaking maknae, Emily." I say in both English and Korean, the crowd cheers as we introduce ourselves as 7Heaven.

"I hope you guys will continue to support 7Heaven. Have a great night everybody!" Lee Ann says before we all bow and leave the stage.

Once we were off, there was no silence, there were some bands that came by to support us. Some crew members even congratulated us. I went back to the dressing room with the girls and changed into black jeans, a pastel blue shirt and tied my hair up into a ponytail.

@Emily7H : Tonight was a blast! Thanks to everyone who could come out, Who's the lucky 20? Let's find out! x

I decided to tweet that because I had gotten ton of notifications of people starting to follow me. I put my phone in my pocket and we all went unto stage again. But this time, there were only a few people left. The people who will be getting a chance to meet us and the people who decided to stay behind to watch us.

"Hi! Oh my gosh. I loved your solo! Can you sign this please?" One of them asks, handing me a 7H poster. "Sure! What's your name?" I asked as I took out a black marker. "I'm Faith." Thank you for your support Faith. 7H loves you. ~ Emily. I wrote. I smiled and gave it back to her.

This went on and on for 20 people. We had a few gifts under the table which the fans gave us. Some fans even threw their presents on stage in hopes that we'd get them. Lee Ann sends out a tweet to let them know that we've received them and we're grateful.

Soon, the fans had already left and we were brought backstage with the presents in shopping carts. This made it easier to bring it back to the dorm.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I turn around to see Mark. I smile and give him a hug. "You said that you had something to tell me." I say, pulling him away from the others that were involved in a conversation of their own.

••

"We're going on a tour in Korea. We're going to the different places here." He tells me, as he takes both my hands into his. "Really? That's amazing!" I said, giving him a smile. "Woah, I was expecting for you to be emotional." Mark says, giving me a light laugh.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm sad that you have to go. But, you have responsibilities too. So I understand." I say, bringing him into a hug. "Every 11pm." He reminds me, whispering into my ear. I smile and nod. "Don't you dare miss a call. I'll be mad at you." I say jokingly. "I'd never miss it for the world."

He smiles down at me, caressing my cheek before he lets out a sigh. "Is this the part where I kiss you or the part where I make you wait in agony." Mark asks with a playful smirk tugging on his lips. I push him away, my cheeks probably a crimson red.

Mark intertwines our fingers together, walking us both back to the group where they were still talking. "Guys. Let's all go for Milkshakes." Lee Ann suggests.

••

I ordered a vanilla milkshake and so does Mark. "This reminds me of that day in the park." I remind him as we sit down in one of the booths. "Very true." He says before taking a sip of his shake. "Guys, they're doing it again!" Eun Min whines, gesturing to us. I laugh and pat at the spot beside me, asking for her to sit. We all sit in one booth, engaging in conversations.

I looked across to Mark who actively participated in the conversation. He did change. He grew taller. His features are more defined. His hair's a little longer. But I still couldn't figure why I liked him when we were younger.

I tried thinking back to all the memories. Then it came to me.

"Yah! Stop hanging out with the boys!" A girl with black bangs said, yanking at my hair. I screamed in agony. "They are my Oppas! Why are you with them?!" Another girls yells, scratching at my cheek. I could feel my skin start to sting because of how much they hit me. I shut my eyes and winced, enduring the pain, wanting for it to be over. Then a voice disrupts this.

"How childish are you two? Go play outside or something. I really hate people like you."

I opened my eyes to see Mark as he spat words in defence of me. The girls walk away and he turns around to face me, offering a hand for me to stand. "You'll be fine. Just stick with us. We'll keep you safe." He says, dusting off my dress.

I guess that's why. I smiled as his eyes suddenly meet mine. He returns the smile and takes one of my hands into his.

"You okay?" He mouthed, his eyebrows furrowed. I nod. I took a sip from my milkshake as he goes back to the conversation with my hand still in his. "Dongsaeng. ASC wants you on their show with Eun Min." Lee Ann tells me as she sits back down after taking a phone call. "It's been awhile since we did MarkSon show." Jackson says, looking over to Mark who nods. "EmMin is better." Eun Min defends with a smirk. I laugh as I watch the two quarrel.

••

Mark :
What were you thinking of earlier on? You seemed so happy.

I smiled and responded.

Me :
It's a secret! Haha.

Almost immediately, I got a call from Mark. I answered his call, confused as to why he was calling.

"What were you thinking of? Just tell me." Mark says, dragging the 'me' in attempts of being cute. "It's nothing!" I said with a playful chuckle. "Baobei.." He whines. I could picture him with a little pout as he stirs irritably. "I just remembered the time when we were younger. When you stood up for me, remember?" I asked, with a smile on my face. "Yeah I remember that. But, why?" He says as I hear him shift, his blanket making sounds.

"I was wondering why younger me liked you." I say as I crawled into my bed, letting out a yawn. "Aigoo.. You think a lot. You also ask questions a lot." He says with a laugh. "It's always been that way." I responded, joining him in laughter.

"It's okay. I find it cute."

I smile to myself, biting on my bottom lip. "You find a lot of things cute." I say. "You make up like 50 of those things." I laugh as he says this. "Smooth." I say, making him laugh as well.