7

Take offense as you please. Or refrain from reading.

What people think:
1.Christians believing in God is like a child believing in Santa Clause: both are invented creatures.

Ok. Jesus is God. God incarnate, or Jesus in the flesh.
I just want to point out, our God is pretty strange.
-Only religion with a God who became man
-Only religion that grows when persecuted. And the persecution is and has been very severe in many parts of the world, not including the US. It's just not in the news.
-We have confusing concepts like the Trinity or three-in-one. Why would anyone think up a core concept that's a mystery? Trinity is the unity and sameness of the three natures of God, or the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
-What idiot would give his life for a lie? Jesus and many of his followers gave their lives because  they believed so strongly in the truth. Jesus, who had never sinned, died to pay the price of our sin. He rose again because He has authority to do that. He's God. We don't, because we are mortals. Sinful mortals, at that. Only through Jesus can we have life. Not in the flesh, but in the spirit. Thousands of martyrs have died for Christ too.

We did not invent Christ.
Out of all the hundreds of messiahs in Rome at the time of Jesus, only His followers continued to grow.
Jesus values strange things: paying taxes to the government, using the temple as a house of prayer rather than a market place, healing of the sick.
He can do miracles because He has that authority, as God.
The devil does not have that authority, but tries to equal God's power and overthrow Him.
God has won and is winning.

Santa Clause? Everyone knows he's fake.
Christ? 1/3 of this planet believes he's real.