Seth stood, the black bandages hiding his facial expression, the only clue to his feelings was his blank and uncaring eye, the red tint hardening a little. "When are you going to take that mask off anyway?"

Seth took a deep breath and then another drag from his cigarette. "Just go in there and get the case, it's on the table." Seth turned around and walked away from Amber, she noticed that his body seemed to shiver a little as he walked. He must have been angrier with her then she thought.

  Amber walked into the room and grabbed the faded brown bag, and followed Seth back up to his office.

...

After Amber bringing the bag to Seth's office, and questioning his stuttered speech around it. Amber sat quietly in the front seat of Seth’s car, while they drove back to the White Witches Mansion. Seth kept his right hand in his pocket, only pulling it out to shift. Amber remembered that hand was the one with the cut finger.

  "How are you feeling?" Seth asked.

  "Not really any different." Amber replied her head in her hand.

  "We will arrive soon; hopefully your mother will know what to do." Seth yawned at the end of his words. Twilight was creeping in from the look of the golden clouds. Seth couldn't believe the day was just ending.  "Twilight."

  Amber let out a groan. "I hate that movie."

  "So do I, but I do enjoy the time."

Amber smiled, 'Him enjoy anything? Wow.'

  Seth took a turn onto the dirt road; the country was becoming darker as Twilight faded. By the time they pulled up to the Mansion, the Sun was gone.

  Seth opened the door and preceded to the Mansion, Amber followed suit. He opened the door for her, only to be greeted by a very angry mother.  "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY DAUGHTER?!" Gloria snapped.

Amber tried to explain, "Mom, it's not his-"

"Fault?" Gloria finished? "Dear John told me everything, how you yelled at her to get out of your office, and publicly humiliated her AFTER she SAVED YOUR LIFE!" Gloria slapped Seth across the face, the enhancement of strength her magic gave her sent Seth flying to the ground. Fighting Xaveus had drained him to the point he couldn't even catch himself.

  Seth lay on his back, the pain of feeling only what he could compare to a base ball being thrown by an All-Star hitting him in the face. 'Why does this always happen to me?'

  "MOM!" Amber yelled standing in between her and Seth. "Seth did yell at me, but he did NOT humiliate me!"

  "Then WHY are you crying?" Gloria demanded, holding up her hand for dramatic effect.

  "Because of the pain, Mom."

  "What pain?"

  "Some Priest walked by and said something, whatever he said it made me collapse, and this head ache will not go away." Amber put her hand over her eyes again.

  "But, John said-"

  "John would be mistaken." Seth interrupted; attempting to stand up, Amber stood watching, but didn't want to be pushed away if she attempted to assist him. "After I yelled at them both, John took Amber to find a cab. Amber returned a half hour or so later, saying John was bad mouthing her."

  Amber let out a sigh, knowing that only half the truth was told.

  "Well, Amber is this true?" Gloria asked softly.