Fuck up [63]

Wrapped up, nice and warm... This is what Jack loved, being able to have a hot shower, to then be dressed in (borrowed) pajamas after being soaked in the cold rain. He was sitting on the couch, Arin staring back at him looking really worried. Jack still hadn't explained his reasoning behind coming over and wanting to stay, but seeing Jack in the state he was in, he didn't really want to force it out of him.

"Listen, I wanna go to sleep, but you're free to sleep on the couch, and if you need anything to eat, it's in the kitchen, okay? Go ahead and help yourself." Arin said. Jack managed a small smile, grateful that he allowed him to stay.

"Thanks, Arin..." Jack mumbled, as Arin got up to leave the room. Jack sighed, lying down to try and get comfortable. He was happy he felt quite toasty and snug, however, everything on his mind was really not helping. He had no idea how he was going to sleep a wink.

He felt lonely. Normally on a normal night, he'd have the warmth of Mark beside him, holding him. Protecting him. But not tonight. Not ever again. He didn't want Mark like that anymore, no matter how much his heart screamed at him that he still loved him.

He couldn't put himself through it, being the fool. Just accepting Mark's apology, when it could just so easily happen again. Just like the many arguments he apologized for over and over, but still continued to cause.

Exhaling, Jack closed his eyes, just hoping to get at least SOME sleep. He wasn't expecting to get a whole lot, but... It was better than none at all. He needed to keep his health up. He still had a YouTube channel to attend to after all. And without that, he had nothing.

****

"You fucked up..."

"You should have been there for him when you had the chance..."

"You left him! He cared for you, he loved you and you just betrayed him! You destroyed his trust! How will he ever have faith in anyone else?!"

"You god damn bastard..."

The American shook, voices haunting him in his sleep. He had darkness all around him, nothing or no one in view. All he could hear was the sound of his own voice, and even Jack's voice in his head, punishing him.

He heard Jack call him a bastard... Good. He deserved it. He hurt him. He didn't try hard enough... He didn't show just how much he loved Jack and he made it all go to waste. Just fucking things up, once again. It seemed like it was something he had become good at in his life. Because that's all it was to him now. Nothing else mattered. He was just one big fuck up...

****

"Jack...? Jack? You awake?" A voice questioned. "Jack?"

Jack twitched his nose, squinting his eyes open, as he could just barely sense the smell of what seemed like... Coffee. A drink he definitely needed right now. He yawned, trying to open his eyes,spotting Arin holding a mug of what was hot black coffee out to him. Jack grinned, sitting up slowly and taking it from his grasp.

"Thanks..." Jack croaked, taking a small sip of it, then letting out a small squeal as he hung out his tongue. "Fuck! It's hot!"

"Yeah, just made it." Arin chuckled. "Glad you're up, man. Normally I wouldn't be up and ready earlier than everyone else, but... You freaked me out last night. You seemed really... I don't know, out of it."

"...I'm fine, Arin..." Jack muttered, leaning back into the couch. But Arin shook his head, not believing him for a second as the only thing he could see in the Irishman's bright blue eyes was nothing but sadness.

"Look, Jack. I'm not as stupid as you might think." Arin started. "I mean, you came over in the evening, in pouring rain. Not even with a hood. You wouldn't come over in that shit, unless something had happened... So, what happened?"

"Arin..."

"Did Mark do something?" Arin pressed, earning another sigh from Jack.

Resisting the urge to cry, Jack took another sip of his coffee as he had given it a couple of moments to cool down. He took the cup away from his lips, the lips that missed having the feeling of Mark's upon his. But he pushed that thought away, burning even more pain into his broken heart.

"Arin... He... He..." Jack tried to get out, not able to form a sentence. Arin sat patiently, waiting for him to tell him what happened.

"...He... He kissed another person... He kissed Amy..." Jack whispered, breaking down into a sob. Arin's eyes widened, his mouth fell agape. It was in that moment that he exploded, standing upright off the chair he had been sitting on.

"HE WHAT?!" Arin cried, clearly angry.

That must have been a scream that was enough to wake up the whole house. Because soon enough, Danny entered the room, looking confused. He was probably getting ready moments before, as he was fully dressed and was now standing, looking like he was wondering what all the shouting was about.

"What is going on? Are you getting angry at video games again, Arin?" Danny questioned. Arin shook his head, looking pissed.

"NO! I AM NOT GETTING ANGRY OVER VIDEO GAMES! I'M ANGRY BECAUSE MARK IS NOTHING BUT A BACKSTABBING ASSHOLE! TO THINK I ONCE CALLED HIM A FRIEND!"

"Uh..." Danny rose a brow, not knowing what to say. "...What did he do now?"

"Nothing! If you call kissing another person nothing! I swear to god! He deserves to have someone kick his ass! How could he do that to Jack?!"

"Arin... Look, it's fine... No one needs to go and beat up Mark..." Jack muttered, wiping away his tears. But Arin wasn't having any of the bullshit. He looked like he was ready to put his fists right through a wall.

"No! You can't just let him get away with it, Jack! First he was a dick to Ryan and Matt! I was willing to give him a chance, but no! This crosses the fucking line! He deserves it, dammit!" Arin shouted, storming out of the room.

"No, Arin! Don't!" Jack cried after him, then looking to Danny, alarmed. "We have to stop him!"

****

It took all of Mark's effort to even get up that morning. How he was going to record videos that day was beyond him, because he really didn't feel motivated to do anything. He was just so alone. Sure, he had Chica to keep him company, but even now that somehow didn't feel like enough to fill the empty void in his chest.

There was a knock at the door, something Mark wasn't really expecting. Who would want to come and see him? Well, the next thing that happened, was definitely something he didn't expect.

The redheaded man ended up opening the door to a furious looking Arin who looked like he was about to snap him in half. Mark gulped, backing away.

"Mark! You fucking asshole! How could you betray Jack like that?! Are you really that selfish?! That egotistical that you think you're too good for Jack?!"

"N-No! That's not--" Mark stuttered.

"Then why did you do it?! Are you really that much of a prick that you had to try and cheat on the one person who cared about you the most?! Do you know how much that fucks a person up?!"

"A-Arin..." Mark tried to speak.

"Shut the fuck up!"

"Arin!" Jack's voice cried as he and Danny caught up to him, pretty much cornering Mark in his own home. "Arin, stop!"

"Jack is right, dude." Danny said. "This ain't worth it. Just leave him alone."

"Not worth it?! Oh, I beg to fucking differ!" Arin screeched.

Right when it looked like Arin was going to lunge for Mark, like a lion after its prey, Danny and Jack quickly went for him, grabbing him and restraining him, as he flung his arms wildly.
"Fuck you, Mark!" Arin shouted. "We're no longer friends!"