Situation [11]

"Hey guys..." Mark spoke into the camera, a saddened expression on his face with dark circles around his eyes. With the terrible events that had been happening, lately he found it difficult to sleep.

"So, you're probably asking as to why I haven't been active for a few days... And I just wanted to get a video out to you guys to sort of explain things, just so you know... I mean, I'm not going to go into detail... I'm just gonna explain the basics of why I've been away." Mark paused, giving himself a bit of time before he started speaking again, otherwise he might have just broken down then and there.

"You see, I uh, I sort of have... Some personal things going on right now and I... I just really need some time to... Address them and... Get past them. At least, before I actually start making videos again. Because..." He sighed.

"As if you couldn't already tell, I am not happy right now. And I can't force myself to be happy just for the sake of a video. It's not enjoyable that way, for me or for you if it's just totally put on and fake. Like, I think you'd guys would know well enough if I wasn't enjoying myself. You'd see it, for sure..."

"But I'm just asking for you guys to give me a little time and space to try and get into a better mindset because of what has happened. I know you guys are probably going to want to know what is up but... Right now I don't really feel up to saying anything about it. Maybe one day I'll update you guys on things but as of right now I just need some time to... I don't know, heal from it, I guess? So, uh... Yeah. I guess that's about it. Thank you guys so much for listening to me. And don't you guys worry, I will be okay, eventually. I'll be back, making videos before you know it but as of now, I just need some space.... Anyway, thank you guys so much for watching and I will see you... In the next video. Bub-bye..." Mark waved, before ending the recording there and slumping into his seat, feeling so emotionally drained.

With the last little bit of motivation that he had, he edited the video, adding music and such to it for the background before deciding it didn't need much else and he waited for it to process before slapping it right onto YouTube.

He didn't even want to look at the responses that this video was going to get. To be honest he just felt so low and tired that he could curl up into a ball and cry. But for some reason even though he wanted to cry, he couldn't get himself to do that.

As he was still sitting at the desk minutes later, still not moving, his Skype came up. Jack for some reason was trying to call him. The first time, he decided to decline it. He didn't really feel like talking to Jack. But when he called again, he felt like that Jack must have really wanted to talk. So he accepted it, making the green haired man's face come up onto the screen. When he saw Mark, his eyes instantly widened.

"I just saw your video." Jack said. "God, you look fuckin' awful."

"Thanks, I guess?" Mark croaked, leaning back in his chair. Jack frowned, looking like he was debating about what he wanted to say.

"Why are you calling me, Jack?"

"Well, I wanted to..." He trailed off. Mark narrowed his eyes, feeling a tad ticked off that it was just now that Jack was starting to feel bad for practically shitting on him for what he did. Now that he saw just how miserable Mark was, it was now that he decided to be sympathetic.

"What? To scowl at me again?" Mark snapped.

"Wha..? No, I..." Jack stammered.

"Well, then what do you want, Jack?"

"Alright, Mark. You don't have to give me the third degree." Jack huffed, now starting to get irritated.

"The third degree? For fuck sake, Jack. How can you expect me not to be annoyed?"

"Expect you not to be annoyed?! Mark, you're the one who made the move! Not me! And don't you dare use that 'you kissed me back' excuse on me."

"So for you it's okay but for me I instantly get put in the trash because of it? Thanks, Jack."

"Look, Mark, I can't! I can't fucking do this right now! I just... I just wanted to talk to you about things! As friends! I mean, why are we fighting like this?! This isn't like us at all..." Jack whined, putting his hands on his head.

"I just don't like that I'm getting all the blame for this damn thing. As if I didn't feel bad enough."

"I never said I was just blaming you, Mark."

"Then why does it feel like you are?"

"I'm just saying, you're the one who fucking started it, Mark! This wouldn't have ever happened if you hadn't done what you did!"

"So you are blaming me."

"No, Mark! I'm just--! Oh, for fuck sake! I can't fucking deal with this bullshit!" Jack cried, covering his face with his hands. It seemed like the situation was only just going back and forth a lot. And since they had never really argued with each other before, it's not like they knew how to really fix it with each other.

The adult thing to do would have been to talk calmly about it to each other. But with the places they were both in, being equally angry and frustrated, it didn't seem like that was going to happen any time soon...