Flight [42]

"You know, this is giving me a strong sense of Deja vu." Signe spoke, helping Jack pack his stuff into some of the boxes. Mark was there too, silent as he was busy focusing on trying to find the end to the tape he had in his hand to seal the box shut. Jack nodded, looking at his now empty shelf.

"Tell me about it." Jack answered, exhaling as he put a few final things into the box in front of him, closing it and then placing his hands on his hips, waiting for Mark to hand him the tape.

"I'm gonna miss it here so damn much..." Jack continued, glancing around the room.

"Yeah, sure had a lot of good memories here..." Signe added. "And bad ones..."

"Yeah... Hey, Mark. You done with the tape?" Jack asked, looking over to his redheaded boyfriend who seemed to finally manage to close up the box. He nodded.

"Yeah, here." Mark spoke, tossing it to Jack who managed to catch it, smiling in triumph. He gave Mark a thankful smile.

"Thanks." Jack said, earning a small grin from Mark who picked up his box and carried out the room, to carry it down out to the car outside. Signe pouted a little in thought.

"He seems quiet. Is he okay?" Signe wondered, taking the tape from the Irishman to close up another box. Jack just shrugged, scratching his green hair.

"I don't know. Maybe he's just concentrated." Jack replied.

"I think he's still weird about it all. About me." Signe pointed out, frowning. And Jack couldn't argue, because she was likely right.

Mark always got a bit weird at the mention of Signe's name. Especially as of lately, when he said he didn't want to leave her, and he had to tell her he was leaving. What could Mark have possibly been thinking? That he'd make a move on her, or something? Did Mark still believe Jack was hung up on Signe?

Well, whatever. He could probably question it over and over in his head, and he'd never get the truth. Only way he'd get a truthful answer to that question is if he asked Mark about it. But for some weird, unknown reason, he was kind of worried how he'd react. Mark always got a little strange and defensive when you asked him about things he really didn't want to talk about, Jack knew that. And he was sure he wasn't the only one who knew that.

Exhaling, Jack picked up the box in front of him, going to carry it down with the rest of his stuff. It sucked that he had to keep going back and forth like this, it was going to take forever. But they'd get it done, eventually.

****

The last box, finally shut into the back of the car. It felt like that day all over again, when he saw Signe leave. Expect, it was him that was leaving this time.

Mark stood, leaning against the car with his arms crossed, watching Signe and Jack say their goodbyes. He didn't comment, just stayed quiet.

"Let me know when you get there, alright? Be safe, both of you." Signe said, smiling at Jack, then to Mark who to their surprise, actually managed to smile in return. Jack nodded.

"I will. Don't worry." Jack answered, before going silent. The two stepped forward, sharing a hug for a moment, before Jack had to pull away. He and Mark had to get going, so they wouldn't miss their flight back to America.

"Alright, we better go." Jack said, looking over to Mark who bobbed his head, opening the car door to climb into the drivers seat. Signe and Jack gave each other one last grin, Signe kissed Jack on the cheek, before he went around the car to sit in the other seat at the front.

Opening the car door, he climbed in, slamming the door shut. The Irishman glanced over to the half-Korean, who actually gazed back when he noticed Jack staring at him. Mark managed a small smile, starting up the car and started to pull away, hooting the horn as a sort of "goodbye" to Signe, as they left on their way.

The drive to the airport was quite nice, filled with conversation, jokes and laughs. When they got there, it was definitely a pain in the ass to try and get all his stuff sorted to put into the luggage, but it was done nonetheless.

Getting on the plane, Mark and Jack sat together, Jack being closest to the window while Mark sat on the end. The green haired man sighed, as they waited for the plane to take off at any moment. Mark must have noticed the slightly nervous look on his face, because he put his hand on top of Jack's, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"You okay?" Mark asked, staring him right in the face. Jack nodded.

"Yeah, fine... Was just thinkin' about how much I'm gonna miss it all, y'know?" Jack answered, getting a small nod from Mark.

"Jack, I can promise you, if you don't like it, living in L.A, I won't force you to stay. You living with me, could literally be just a thing until you find somewhere better to stay. Heck, you might be able to find another place in Ireland and you could come back."

Jack smiled.

"You're to sweet, Mark..." Jack murmured, leaning over and resting his head on his shoulder. "But I could come back here now and then, to visit Signe." He added. To tell the complete and honest truth, Jack said this on purpose. Because he wanted to see what Mark's reaction would be. He'd be lying if he said otherwise.

All Mark did was slowly nod, before saying a quiet "yeah, you could do that." which only made Jack frown and sit up as he looked at his boyfriend.

"Mark, tell me honestly, are you still jealous of Signe?" Jack questioned, rising an eyebrow. Mark shrugged his shoulders, irritating the Irishman a little.

"That isn't an answer, Mark. Just tell me, are you or aren't you?" Jack demanded.

"Alright, maybe I'm still kinda jealous." Mark said, Jack exhaled, rolling his eyes. "Hey, I can't help it!"

"Yeah, I guess you can't..." Jack muttered, sounding frustrated.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Mark, I can control how I feel when you hang around Amy. Sure, at first I got annoyed and jealous, but now I couldn't give a shit. You guys are just friends now, and all that was just in the past. Just like with me and Signe. She has a boyfriend, Mark."

"Oh..." Mark simply replied, lowering his head. "I didn't know that... Sorry..."

"It's fine, Mark. You've never acted upon your jealousy, so I can at least be grateful for that." Jack said.

"Well, from here on out, I promise I can continue to be the best boyfriend." Mark commented, letting Jack lean on his shoulder again. "And I will sort my dumb brain out."

Jack giggled.

"You're not dumb, Mark... But thanks..." Jack whispered, closing his eyes just as the plane began to take off for their destination: America.