What to do [14]

"What the fuck do I do..?" Jack muttered to the empty space around him, as he was still sitting at his computer desk in his room, utterly alone. He really needed to fix this.

But with Mark now declining his Skype calls, it was pretty much impossible for him to speak with him. Jack didn't just want to leave things as they were. He understood why Mark was upset, he was too. But if they were going to solve this problem, communication was key. However, Mark was just making that a little too difficult.

Feeling extremely stressed out, Jack let out a loud out take of breath, as he pressed his face into his hands and just tried to relax. It was then that he felt someone's arms wrap around his shoulders from behind him in a hug.

"Hey, Signe..." Jack mumbled, without even looking over his shoulder.

"Hey..." She replied. "How's it going? Got things figured out yet?"

"No... Mark won't talk to me..." Jack sighed, sounding hurt and disappointed. "I feel so terrible... I was such an asshole to him before, before I knew of his true feelings and how long he had felt those feelings... I've just, I've screwed up."

"So... The kiss actually meant something to him then...?" Signe wondered. Jack shrugged.

"I guess so... But he never did it as an intention to hurt either of us, he was just upset and just wasn't thinking - but I was so hard on him about it."

"Do you know how you feel about the whole thing yet? The kiss, I mean."

"No... Because he won't talk to me!" Jack whined, pointing at the screen in frustration before dropping his arm down to his side lifelessly.

"I see... Maybe you should go visit him."

"What?" Jack's eyes widened, as he stared at Signe in surprise.

"Yeah, you heard me. Go visit him. Talk to him and just... Find out what you guys wanna do about it."

"But, Signe..." Jack frowned. "I really don't want to make a choice between you guys."

Signe glanced back at him for a moment, before nodding, a determined look on her face.

"Well, you know what? You won't have to make the choice anymore. 'Cause I'm gonna break up with you." Signe said. Jack quickly got out of his seat, his lips trembling.

"Wait, what..?"

"Don't look at me like that, Sean." Signe smiled. "Look, I'm not breaking up with you because I don't like you anymore, or that I don't want to have... I don't know, a future with you. It's just that, your friendship is important. Not just to you guys, but it means a lot to your fans too... And I don't wanna be the girl who forces her boyfriend to choose between one or the other... I just want you to be happy."

"Signe..." Jack murmured, a tear happening to spill down one of his cheeks, before Signe wiped it away.

"We'll still be friends, Sean. I'm not just gonna cut you out of my life or anything. I promise." She said. "Now, book a flight to L.A. Go visit Mark, and talk about what you want to do. Just... Fix it."

"Signe... Thank you... Thank you so much..." Jack cried, giving Signe a close hug, before the two pulled away from each other and Signe gave Jack a kiss on the cheek.

"Go get him." She grinned.

****

Should I just play some video games..? Or make a video...? I don't even know... I'm not in the mood for anything...

Mark had been sitting at his computer screen for a good few hours, pondering what to do with his time. Jack had gone silent a few hours ago, no longer trying to call him on Skype. Good... That was for the best...