Miss you [41]

Sitting on a swing, going back and forth, the Irishman was waiting for his friend Signe to show up, seeing as he had to leave in just under a week. And he at least wanted to let her know before he had to travel to America. He couldn't remember when his life started becoming all about confessions, and telling people things, but it seemed like this had become a daily, weekly or even monthly basis in his life now.

He saw her, coming through the gate to the park and a small smile appeared upon his face, as well as hers. She happily skipped over, seeming quite thrilled to see him. He got off the swing for a moment as she was within talking distance.

"Jack! Hey!" Signe chirped, giving Jack a hug, who obliged and hugged back. She pulled away, grinning, then sitting down on the other swing next to Jack's.

The green haired man managed to keep his smile up for a few moments, casually talking with Signe while continuing to sit on the moving swings. However, the grin across his lips started to slowly disappear, the more and more he thought about what he had to tell her. And he never really thought about how shitty it'd make him feel until now.

It was true that he was going to get to stay with Mark, the man he loved and just couldn't wait to see everyday... But at the same time, he was leaving Signe and the only form of communication between them would be Skype. And say what you will, but even though they were just friends now, she was still going to hold a special place in his heart, just not romantically of course.

But, with the courage he managed to somehow muster up, whilst trying to somehow explain to her that he was going to be leaving soon, he opened his mouth to speak, hoping to form an actual sentence and not come out as a blubbering mess.

"Anyway, Signe..." Jack muttered, his voice sounding less cheerful and giddy, like it was just moments ago. Signe seemed to notice this, because she began to frown, staring intently to hear whatever he was going to say next. He exhaled.

"I... Need to tell you somethin'." Jack said, biting down on his bottom lip. She slowly nodded, still listening.

"Okay? Is... that why you invited me out?"

"Kind of." The Irishman admitted, hesitating to continue, then going on to say more. "I'm gonna be movin' in a few days..."
Signe's eyes widened. She looked stunned. It was definitely an expression which only said "confusion" and "surprise".

"W-What?" She stuttered, taken aback.

"I'm movin'..." He repeated. "...To America, to live with Mark... I... I lost our old apartment. The bastard of a landlord kicked me out." Jack muttered, sounding upset.

"He did...? Why...?"

"I don't know. Mark seems to think the guy is a homophobe... Which wouldn't really surprise me." Jack shrugged, just as oblivious as she was.

She sat, wondering what to say, before getting up and holding her arms out for a hug, a tiny beam pulling at her lips. Jack sighed, getting up and returning the hug. Signe blinked several times, almost as if she was trying to resist spilling tears. But it didn't matter, because her eyes still watered and let salty beads of water dribble down her cheeks no matter how much she protested.

"I'm so happy you finally get to live with Mark..." She whispered with honesty, burying her face into Jack's shoulder. "But I'm so gonna miss you."

"I'm going to miss you too..." Jack answered. "Like, you have no idea." He continued, choking up a little himself. "Hey, if you want, maybe you can have the apartment back when I'm gone."
Signe shook her head, stepping back from the hug and smiling with tears in her eyes.

"Nah... I like where I live now... And besides, it'd remind me too much of you." She answered. Jack put a hand on his chest, over his heart, feeling touched by what she said. She was such a lovely person... Oh god, why did he have to leave her?

But maybe he just had to focus on the positives. He'd been complaining for so long about how he never had enough time to spend with Mark. And now that they were actually going to be under the same roof, it was going to make their relationship a lot easier.

"Hey, on the day you leave, can you let me know so I can say goodbye?" Signe wondered, wiping away her tears. Jack let out a bittersweet chuckle, nodding.

"Yeah... 'Course..." Jack paused. "You aren't going to be lonely, right?"

Signe giggled, playfully hitting him in the arm.

"I do have friends other than you, Sean Mcloughlin." She teased. "Besides, I actually forgot to tell you. I have a boyfriend now. His name is Michael."

"Oh!" Jack let out, surprised. He smiled. "I'm glad! I'm so happy for you!"

And that wasn't a lie. He really was happy, ecstatic that she had managed to find someone else, who could hopefully love her as much as he did, or maybe love her better than he ever could have. After all, he still wanted the best for her, even with them apart. He still wanted her to live life in the best way she could, and if this "Michael" helped her do that, well then, great.

Jack beamed, slipping an arm across her shoulders as they started to walk, leaving the swings. He opened his mouth to speak.

"Just make sure he treats you right, okay?" Jack said. Signe smiled at him, giving him a nod, with a quick kiss on the cheek.

"You're so sweet, Jack. But he's really nice, I promise. Perhaps I can introduce you two at some point." Signe suggested. Jack bobbed his head, seeming satisfied with that idea.

"Sure! That'd be cool!" He chimed, enthusiastic. She giggled, glad he was happy.

Suddenly, she broke away from him, giving him a light push as she laughed and started running towards the roundabout.

"Last one there is a rotten egg!" She teased, sticking her tongue out at him. He gasped, narrowing his eyes and smirking, seeming up to the challenge. He was such a child at heart.

"That's no fair! You got a head start!" Jack protested, as he ran after her to jump onto the roundabout.