Strength [55]

Jack led in bed, silently staring up at the ceiling, as he listened to the sound of water running from the shower in the bathroom. He sighed, closing his eyes to try and relax. But honestly, since that argument between Mark, Matt and Ryan... He had just felt like shit.

He opened his eyes, going to grab his phone off the desk to look at Twitter. He saw he got a DM from Felix, so he went to open it, seeing what he had to say.

"Hey. Is Mark okay?" - Felix

"Honestly... Probably not good. Mark kind of seemed to flip out and had an argument with Matt and Ryan... It was pretty bad." - Jack

"Shit, seriously? Why, what were they arguing about?" - Felix

"Well, Mark got angry because Ryan and Matt are going to be editing for the Game Grumps when they've left. And Mark believes they had known this for ages and just hadn't told him so he's being really bitter." - Jack

"Damn. Well, hopefully they'll make up?" - Felix

"I don't know... But if anything else happens, I'll probably let you know." - Jack

The Irishman then locked his phone, placing it back on the desk beside the bed. He noticed the sound of the shower stopped, which probably meant Mark was coming out of the bathroom soon. He was sure Mark was still in a grumpy mood, and honestly, he didn't really know how to deal with it. He was okay, dealing with Mark when he needed someone... But when he was angry, he didn't really know what to say. He was worried he'd only tick him off even more.

So, before Mark came back into the room, Jack simply led on his side, keeping his eyes closed to pretend he was asleep. He could hear footsteps, walking across the room now and it wasn't long before the light was turned out and he could feel Mark's body weight press into the other side of the bed beside him.

"....Jack....? Jack... Are you still awake...?" Mark's voice whispered into the darkness. Jack opened his bright blue eyes, wondering whether or not to answer. He sighed, turning over to face towards the American on his opposite side.

"What is it?" Jack answered in return in a quiet voice. There was a pause before Mark answered.

"I'm sorry you had to see that, me getting... Frustrated like that... But you understand why, right? It's just... It's hurtful, y'know?"

"I get that, Mark." Jack mumbled. "But can I give you advice?"

"...Sure."

"Just... Don't go assuming things. I know what you're like, Mark. No offense, but you get jealous, and you jump to conclusions." Jack muttered. "You need to fix that."

"Hey, we don't even know if I was jumping to conclusions. Look, it's not my problem. They're the ones who are being jerks..."

Jack exhaled, turning back over to face the other way once again.
"I'm not sharing an opinion an that, Mark. You're my boyfriend, they're my friends. I ain't picking sides."

"I'm not saying you have to..." Mark muttered. "...But... Thanks, Jack... For at least coming back just to be here for me. I never asked you to do that, yet you still did it, so... I'm extremely grateful... So... Thanks..."

Jack managed a small smile, turning back over to put his arm around Mark, giving him a kiss on the cheek before lightly nuzzling his face into the side of Mark's neck.

"You're welcome, Mark..."

****

The next morning felt so awkward. It was just spent in silence as Matt and Ryan were finishing up the last of their packing. They still hadn't spoken to Mark, and he didn't really know if he could really blame them either.

Mark was still being all sulky, not seeming to want to talk. But if they wanted to sort this out, if they wanted to continue being friends... They had to communicate with each other. It was no good blanking each other out, pretending the other person doesn't exist. It's just awful, especially since they used to be such close friends.

Jack remembered the first time he heard that Mark was going to be moving in with them, with Cyndago, which was including Daniel at the time. They seemed pretty inseparable. True, maybe Mark and Jack had always seemed closer but... They definitely shared quite a special friendship.

And the thing that broke Jack up the most thinking about it, and what probably even broke them up too, if it was even on their minds... How they became friends. Jack had been sort of briefed on the story, knowing that Daniel and Ryan seemed to somewhat look up to Mark, just like Jack had done from the start.

It was the fact that Daniel was so excited to be Mark's friend. To be able to work with him, and to know him. And Jack knew it probably wasn't really his place, but... He just wanted to sit the three guys down and just ask them... How would have Daniel felt in this situation. He probably wouldn't have wanted to side with anyone. Jack didn't know Daniel all that well, but he didn't believe he was one for conflict. In fact, he was probably the one who would have stuck the group back together, to get them to think about how they were being towards each other. A strength Jack really needed right now.

But he couldn't bring himself to say anything. He felt like he couldn't fix it, because he wasn't really a part of their group. He didn't know ALL of their history together and he didn't know if bringing up Daniel or not would have just changed things for the better or the worse...

Eventually, Matt and Ryan were ready to go and leave. Jack stood at the doorway, with them standing on the doorstep staring back at him. They both exhaled, glancing at each other before going back to Jack and shrugging their shoulders.

"Well, we better go..." Ryan said. Jack managed a small nod, a sad expression on his face.

"Okay... And don't worry, you guys. I still see you as my friends, even if Mark is my boyfriend. I don't wanna pick sides."

"That's probably for the best." Matt smiled.

"Well, I hope you enjoy editing for the Game Grumps. Tell everybody I said hi when you see them." Jack grinned.

"Will do." Ryan chuckled. "Well, see you, Jack." He finished, waving before they both turned to leave. Jack stared after them for a moment, then going to close the door.

He leaned on it for a moment, before exhaling and going to find Mark in his recording room. He knocked on the door, checking if Mark was busy, but heard a "come in" which obviously meant he was not.

Jack opened the door hesitantly, peeping in to see Mark turned towards him in his chair, a sad looking expression on his face. Jack frowned, stepping in and closing the door. He slowly walked over, standing before Mark and wondering what to say

Mark just simply held out his arms, wanting to pull Jack in for a hug. Jack happily obliged, being taken onto Mark's lap with his arms wrapped around him. Mark sighed, burying his chin into Jack's neck from behind.

"....I'm so happy you're here, Jack... I'd be so lonely without you..." Mark whispered tearily.

"...Yeah... I'm happy to be here too, Mark... I love you..."

"I love you too, Jack..."