Fanboy [16]

It probably didn't completely hit Jack until a week later, where he was back in Ireland helping Signe pack all her stuff to help her move out. There still weren't any hard feelings between the two, but it probably would have been a little awkward to have stayed together living in the same apartment.

Jack took one last box outside, shoving it into the boot of Signe's car, before slamming it shut and letting out a small sigh. He placed his hands on his hips, trying to catch his breath after having to go back and forth with boxes full of a shit ton of stuff.

"Well, looks like that's the last of it." Jack said. Signe nodded a little, giving Jack a small smile.

"Thanks so much for helping me pack." She replied. Jack shrugged.

"It's no problem. After all, I wouldn't have wanted to let you do all that heavy lifting on your own."

"Mhm..." Signe agreed, before stepping forward and giving Jack a hug. He was taken a little by surprise, but then he happily hugged her back in return.

"I'm gonna miss living with you." She admitted over his shoulder tearily.

"Yeah, I'm gonna miss livin' with ya too." Jack said, his voice starting to crack a little by the end of that sentence. It was obvious he was starting to get emotional. The two parted.

"But, I'll still be more than happy to hang out with you. Just give me a call whenever you need me, alright? After all, I won't be living too far away." She grinned.

"Right... Thank you, Signe. For everything. And I'm sorry that we... Well, didn't stay together..."

"Don't apologize, Sean. I get it. You and Mark... You guys are something special, even I think so."

"A lot of people seem to think that..." Jack chuckled, looking down at the floor.

"Maybe because they're right. Who knows?" She shrugged, before looking at the time on her watch. "Anyway, I better go. Look after yourself, alright, Sean? And remember, if you need me: call me." She said, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek and then heading around her car to the front car door. She opened it, smiling in Jack's direction and waving to him. He waved in return, before she climbed into the car, started it and hooted the horn twice as a sort of goodbye, right before driving off.

Jack exhaled, staring after her until her car turned a corner and she was completely out of sight. He was so exhausted from all that packing, and it was definitely an emotional experience... Signe had been the first ever girlfriend he had lived with.

He wondered how Mark was doing. They hadn't spoken to each other since that time he went to America and he ended up kissing Mark. And they decided not to take it anywhere. At least, not yet. Which was understandable.

Mark was obviously still recovering from his break up with Amy, while with Jack it hadn't really got to him until that day. Especially when he walked back into his apartment, seeing areas where Signe's stuff would have been, now just completely bare and empty.

With a sigh, Jack slumped over onto his bed, taking out his phone and going on the Skype app to check if Mark was online. Surprisingly, he was, considering it was late at night in L.A where Mark lived.

Jack hesitantly hovered his thumb over the call button, before finally pressing it. It took a few rings until Mark answered.

"Hey, Jack..." Mark yawned. Jack gave him a small smile.

"Hey... You look tired, Mark. You should rest." Jack said.

"Neh, it's fine... Besides, I'm talking to you now anyway..."

"Right..." Jack answered. "So, uh, how are you?"

"Me? Well..." Mark paused and shrugged. "I'm doing... Okay. I'm getting through it... What about you, how are you holding up?" Mark asked.

"How am I holding up? I have no idea... Signe moved out today."

"Oh... Sorry to hear that." Mark apologized. Jack shook his head.

"It's fine. I mean, sure, it feels... Weird, not havin' her here now but... I'll be okay..."

"You sure, Jack? Because, I know I'm still recovering from my break up but... For you I feel like it would be a bigger deal... You did live together... So, I'm here for you, okay?"

"I know... And I'm here for you, Mark."

They both paused, just staring into the camera silently, before the red head spoke again.

"I'm sorry, Jack... If I... Hurt your feelings last week by saying we could never ever date... I was just... So all over the place and--"

"I get it. You're still recovering from the break up... As am I with Signe."

"But I will tell you when I'm ready for it, Jack... It scares me - us dating. I don't want to fuck shit up. I want to make sure I'm in the right place and that it's what I want at the time. 'Cause I do like you, Jack... There's just so much going on right now."

"Yeah, I agree. I need time as well. But it'll all be okay." Jack smiled. Mark nodded, yawning in response which made Jack giggle a little.

"Go to bed, Mark. You're tired."

"Yeah, I guess I will. Thanks for calling to chat with me." Mark grinned.

"It's fine. Talk to ya again some other time, okay? Night, Mark!"

"Night, Jack.." Mark replied, before hanging up. Jack exhaled, shoving his phone back into his pocket and dropping his arms out to his sides on the mattress beneath him. He stared at the ceiling, his mind dazing for a moment.

He still couldn't believe everything that had happened lately. It all felt like a huge blur after Mark had kissed Jack. The fact that he had kissed back, since that day he had never questioned his sexuality more.

Maybe he should have seen it coming though. Of course they were close, maybe even a little too close. Mark accepted him into his life as if he had known him for years and they grew so close over a short amount of time.

They had even flirted back and forth on many occasions, but Jack had always passed it off as a joke. Especially when he had a girlfriend. But maybe he just wanted to deny the feelings he had deep down for Mark, because he was already happy with Signe.

But seeing as he no longer had Signe, he felt like maybe he was going to become accustomed to these feelings soon enough and he'd be more than ready to date Mark. He knew he at least wanted to at some point. He never would have kissed him if he hadn't decided he wanted to see what it would be like to have something more than just friendship between the both of them.

Despite being down about losing Signe, Jack was actually quite excited for it, to see what it would be like to date the Markiplier, as cheesy as it sounded. But let's face it, deep down, he was still a huge fanboy.