Love and Care [19]

"Talk about fucking finally!" Felix exclaimed when he saw Jack and Mark reenter the living room, walking hand in hand. Marzia grinned, as she clapped and did a small cheer for the two who were now, a couple.

Jack giggled, as he sat down next to Mark, happily resting his head on Mark's shoulder. Felix smiled.

"It's about time you two got together... I mean, I'm sorry about Amy and Signe but... I would go as far to say as I think you two are supposed to go together." Felix said.

"I agree." Marzia nodded.

"Yeah... I'm just... I'm still so sorry, for everything I did and said before when you confessed to me the first time. I shouldn't have been such an asshole..." Jack apologized to Mark. Mark shook his head, taking his arm and putting it across Jack's shoulders as he planted a kiss on the side of Jack's head.

"It's okay, Jack..." Mark whispered. Jack grinned, looking over to Mark and giving him another kiss.

"Okay, I know we said we wanted you together, but don't forget we are here too." Felix joked.

"Hey, you know what?" Marzia started. "Maybe we should give them some space - go to a hotel."

"Huh?" Felix rose his eyebrows.

"You guys don't have to." Mark chuckled and Marzia shook her head, a smile upon her face.

"No, I insist. After all, you guys derserve some time together. Come on, Felix." Marzia continued, tapping her boyfriend on the shoulder before getting up off the floor. Felix shrugged, doing the same.

"Well, if you're sure..." Mark murmured.

"Mhm. Have fun you guys! We'll see you tomorrow!" Marzia chimed.

"Don't have too much fun though!" Felix winked.

"Very funny, Felix." Jack chuckled, before Marzia and Felix left, leaving the two completely alone.

"Sooo..." Jack yawned, stretching his arms up towards the ceiling. "What do you wanna do?"

"Hmm... How about we play some video games for a bit?" Mark suggested.

"Sounds cool! Ooo! And maybe after we're done watching a movie! Like on Netflix or something."

Mark smirked.

"Netflix isn't your excuse to Netflix and Chill, is it?" Mark joked, elbowing Jack in the side. He scrunched his face up in embarrassment as he swatted his hand away.

"No! What are you? 12? I just wanna watch a movie!" Jack protested, but Mark was still laughing as he seemed to find it so funny as to tease Jack.

"Alright, it wasn't that funny!" Jack pouted.

"I know! I'm sorry, I'm a giggly bitch by nature!"

"I noticed." Jack replied with a smile before getting up to set up the PlayStation 4 for them to go on.

"So, what do ya wanna play?" Jack asked, glancing over to Mark who leaned back on his hands in thought.

"Well... Lately I've been wanting to replay Until Dawn."

"Oh my god, yes! I fuckin' love that game!" Jack squealed, searching through Mark's games to find that specific game. When he found it, he opened the case, turned on the PS4 and waited for it to start up. When it had, he placed the disk inside, putting down the case and picking up the controller. He then went to sit down, but Mark motioned for him to sit on his lap, which he happy obliged, sitting between Mark's legs and resting his back against Mark's chest.

"I liked it too. Up until I got Ashley killed."

"Oh, fuck. I hated that too! And it pissed me off so much because I realized my mistake right after I made it!" Jack cried. Mark nodded.

"Me too. It pissed me off so much that I restarted the game."

"Yeah, I remember that. I wouldn't have gone that far, even though she was one of my favourites."

"She was my favourite too! And I wanted her to be with Chris!" Mark complained. Jack giggled.

"Yeah, I see what you mean. I did too." Jack agreed, before giggling again. "I just remember watching your play through after I completed the game and you just screamed about her death for like a whole minute."

"Oh god, don't remind me of my mistakes... I can't." Mark moaned into his hand as Jack continued to laugh at his misfortune.

Jack had decided to play the game first, getting a lot of nostalgia back to when he first played it. And it was really fun to be able to discuss it with Mark as he played.

Mark...

It was weird to think that moments prior they were just good friends, to then go to being a couple... It was new but... He was happy. He was happy they were going to try and take the risk. Whatever happens, they were in it together from now on.

Further on into the game, Jack gave the controller to Mark, allowing him to play. Mark smiled, enjoying playing the game and enjoying Jack's company.

Sometime throughout his playthrough, Mark realized Jack had gone quiet, meaning he had probably been talking to himself for a good ten minutes. Jack had seemed to have fallen asleep, lightly snoring as his head leaned back on Mark's shoulder.

Mark chuckled, pausing the game and carefully putting the controller down. Slowly, he managed to move Jack around, putting an arm under his knees and using the other arm to hold his back, picking him up bridal style. Jack slightly stirred but only snuggled more into Mark's chest without waking up.

He left the living room and carried him up the stairs to his own room before gently placing him down into his bed and pulling the covers over him. Mark smiled at the utterly adorable sight of his boyfriend snoring away in his bed.

Using one of his fingers, Mark brushed away a lone green hair on Jack's forehead before giving him a little kiss in the center of his forehead.

"Sleep well, angel." Mark whispered with a smile before backing away to go back downstairs and switch everything off. Even after everything was turned off, he was still goofily grinning as he had the image of Jack's cute sleeping face in his mind. He exhaled, going over to the couch and laying on it. He would have joined Jack, but didn't want to disturb him. Or make him uncomfortable for that matter by sharing a bed with him. True, friends could share a bed together. There was no harm in that. It was just sleeping. It's not like there was any sex involved or anything.

But even so, this whole thing of dating each other was a whole new thing for both of them. Not just because they were best friends before all this, but because neither of them had ever been out with a guy. So it was a brand new experience for both of them involved.

But Mark was determined to make it a successful experience. An experience that he'd hope to make last a lifetime. Because he could never lose Jack. Not ever. He never wanted to hurt him. He only wanted to love and care for him, like he'd been longing to do for so long.

With these thoughts in mind, Mark closed his eyes as he began to feel his eyelids start to get heavier and heavier. It wasn't long before he managed to drift off into a peaceful sleep...