Weird [24]

"Do you think this hat suits me?" Signe pouted, staring into a shop mirror as she was trying on a hat. Jack shrugged, not really sure of how to answer.

"You suit most hats." He answered honestly. "But... Maybe not this one." Jack grinned, reaching out and taking the hat off her head. She smiled, giving him a small nudge before taking the hat back and placing it back where it belonged.

Jack looked around, studying nearby clothe racks as Signe was shifting through different clothing accessories. Jack glanced at a tag on one of the shirts before letting it go and shoving his hands away into his pockets, staring around the shop.

"There's some really nice stuff in here. I should shop here more often." Jack commented.

Signe turned to face him, wearing a pair of black sunglasses. Jack smirked, seeing that they looked pretty huge on her face. She seemed to notice this too, before deciding to remove them and put them back.

"Why would you need to go clothe shopping? You're practically a girl with all the different outfits you got." She joked.

"Well... I don't know... I just feel like..." Jack paused. "...Certain people might get bored of the clothes I wear."

"By 'certain people', do you mean Mark?" Signe asked. Jack nervously smiled.

"How did you guess?"

"Just seemed obvious." She said, turning to face him. "But you can talk about him, Jack. And besides, since when did Mark care about what you wear? He'd love you anyway."

Jack frowned a little as Signe linked arms with him and led them both out the store. He felt kind of weird, talking about Mark to Signe. I mean, Signe was his last girlfriend... So, he would have thought talking about Mark and him being together would have made her feel uncomfortable. But... Apparently not...?

"Don't you feel weird? Me talkin' about Mark when...?"

Signe rose an eyebrow at him as they continued to walk down the street, arms linked.

"Not really. I mean, I willingly gave you up, didn't I? I perfectly knew what I was doing, and if it was truly going to make you happy, then that's what I wanted. Sure, break ups aren't easy. They aren't made to be easy and it was definitely emotional when I moved out... But things are okay now. You're still my closest friend, and I'm happy with you being just that."

Woah... Jack didn't really know how to answer to that... A small grin fell upon his face as he let out a small sigh.

"I see... Thanks, Signe..."

"It's fine, Jack." She answered, cheerfully. "So, tell me, why'd you need new clothes to impress Mark?"

"Well..." Jack thought for a moment. "I want to take him on a date for his birthday." He admitted.

"Mark's birthday? Isn't that a whole three months away?" Signe asked. Jack nodded, confirming her question.

"Yeah, it is. And I know it seems like it's ages away but... I just want it to be special, y'know?"

"Yeah, I see what you mean... Hmm... So, you don't have any plans?" Signe wondered. Jack shook his head, looking thoughtful. "Why don't you... Ooo! Why not take him ice-skating?"

"Ice-skating...?" Jack repeated.

"Yeah! Surely there's somewhere they'd do that in June. You still remember how to skate, right?"

Jack chuckled.

"'Course I still know how to skate. But it's not me I'm concerned about. I have no idea if Mark knows how to skate, or if he'd even like it."

"But it could be a nice thing for you to do together. You could teach him. And it's not like you have to spend the entirety of the date just ice-skating."

"I guess that's true..." Jack murmured. "Maybe I'll think about it."

"Cool! Glad I could help." She smiled. "Anyway, I'm hungry. You wanna go get lunch?"

"Sure!" Jack agreed.

****

Hours later, Jack came back to his apartment, lazily throwing his coat down onto his bed before also removing his beanie and putting it aside.

He had spent a good few hours with Signe, just hanging out and talking. Eventually, they both had to go their separate ways, home.

With a yawn, Jack went to his wardrobe, looking for a more relaxed outfit to wear as he didn't really plan on recording any videos that day. He already had enough done and edited, and the last thing he needed was to totally over work himself.

Going to the bathroom with his change of clothes, he carefully shimmied out of his jeans, before pulling his shirt off over his head, completely stripping off to take a shower.

Stepping into the shower, he closed his eyes feeling the warm water rush over his face and hair, also relaxing his muscles. He sighed, trying to think things over in his mind.

Would Mark like ice-skating? Would it be something nice for them to do together? Was it weird to take a suggestion from Signe, who used to be his girlfriend? Maybe, maybe not.

After having been fully cleaned and dressed, he brushed his green damp hair out of his face as he plopped down into his computer chair. He needed to find out if there were even going to be any ice rinks open in June that they were going to be able to go to. After all, June was a weird time of the year to go ice-skating.

But it seemed he had some success. There was going to be one open on that exact day, Mark's birthday. How convenient.

With a smile, Jack brought up his Skype and clicked on Mark's icon. He wasn't going to use the camera to talk to him this time, but instead he just sent him a message.

"Hey, Mark. What's your opinion on ice-skating?" - Jack.

He waited a moment for his reply, but it sure didn't take long for Mark to send a message back.

"I don't know, I've never been. Would like to try it one day though. Why you ask? xxx" - Mark

"No reason. Was just talking to someone about it, is all. ;) xxx"