Chapter 46: Goodbye

The Death Eaters flee as Snape and  McGonagall help Dumbledore. The wind stops and everything is silent. No one says a word. No one moves. 

I lay on the ground for what feels like hours. I feel a hand touch my shoulders and I'm ready to turn and push whoever it is that's touching me. I turn to see Dumbledore. He doesn't say anything. He just offers me a hand to stand up. I reject his hand and stand up on my own. I look down at Mike and let more tears fall down my face, I walk to the other side of Logan and put my hand on his shoulder. He looks up at me with complete rage. Something I've never seen in him before. He stands up and takes out his wand and points it directly at Draco.

"Mr. Bell," Dumbledore says putting his hands up.

"You killed my brother," he says pointing his wand at Draco.

Draco backs up as Logan's rage starts to grow.

"Logan, put down your wand," Dumbledore says sternly.

"You ripped my family apart!" Logan says ignoring Dumbledore.

I slowly stand up. Unsure if I want to help Draco or not. If it weren't for him my brother would still be alive.

Elena do something I think to myself. If Logan does this Draco will die and he'll go to Azkaban.

"Logan," I say softly as I stand up.

I look up at Logan and wipe my eyes.

"Help me take Mike inside," I say looking down at him.

Logan puts his wand away and walks over to me. He kisses my head and puts his arms around me.

"I'm sorry Elena, that was selfish," he says hugging me close to him. I wrap one arm around him and use the other to grab my wand. I cast a thin, silk sheet over Mike and let it fall over him. Logan takes out his wand and casts a ring of flower around Mike.

"Why don't you let us take care of him," Dumbledore says

We walk back to the castle and turn to walk down a small corridor. By now everyone has heard that there was an attack on the school but no ones knows what happened. We avoid the large halls and continue walking.

"Logan, where are we going?" I ask

"The astronomy tower, so we can talk to dad," he says

I remember dad, I remember how mom said he was killed by a death eater but no ones know who.

"Ok" I respond, unsure what else to say.

We continue walking until we make it to the large staircase that leads up to the astronomy tower.

Logan and I continue up the stairs. Logan goes first and I walk behind him. We get to the top of the tower and Logan lowers his wand and crouches down to breath. He looks at me and I look back at him. Unsure what to say I look out to the lake.

"What are we going to do with him?" I ask

"We're going to bury him," Logan says obviously.

I can tell he's been crying. I guess he didn't want me to know to support me.

"No, Draco, what are we going to do to Draco," I ask

"I thought you loved him," Logan says standing up.

"I do, but this can't go unpunished," I say

"Let's not worry about him just yet," Logan says. "We should get home and see mom, I'm sure she knows by now," he says putting an arm around me.

"We'll bring mike to her, and bury him at home," he says

"Ok," I say sniffling back my tears

We stand and look over the lake. I wipe the remaining tears from my eyes and lean into Logan.

I feel him take a deep breath as he tries to calm down. We stand silently, morning and thinking. What will we do? What if mom hasn't been told? How could we tell her? Will we have to leave Hogwarts? Life will never be the same.

Sorry, this was so short. Don't worry, there's lots more to come
-Kat