Chapter 20: Play Hard

I wake up to the sound of Dime chirping at me with a letter. I take the letter from his talons and he flys out the window. I decide to open the letter later because it's probably from my mom and get out of bed. I look at the clock and it's 7:30. I have an hour before breakfast and decide to have a shower. I walking it the bathroom and turn on the water. I then step in and wash my hair and face. I rinse myself off and finish with a moisturizer. I get out of the shower and wrap a towel around myself. I look at myself in the mirror and make sure I didn't leave any shampoo in my hair.   

I walk back into my room to see Draco lounging on my bed.

"Oh my god," I say startled as I grab my towel and wrap it around myself tighter.

"Good morning," he says casually.

"What are you doing?" I ask walking over to my clothes.

I look through my clothes and look for my blue shirt and jeans. I find my jeans but not my shirt. I look around the room and can't see it anywhere.

"It's a mess in here," Draco says holding up my blue shirt off my bed.

"If you want to clean it, you can," I say snatching the shirt from him.

Draco stands up and flicks his wand. My sheets levitate and straighten out before landing back on my bed perfectly. My pillows then lift up and fluff themselves. They land back on the bed.

"It's easier than you think," Draco says

"Well then you can come do it every morning for me," I say sarcastically.

"I think that's a great idea," Draco says playing along.

I laugh at him then tell him to turn around while I change. I put on my outfit quickly then look over at Draco. He's sitting on the bed And looking down at his shirt and readjusting it. I sneak up behind him and jump on the bed. I stand behind him and cover his eyes with my hands.

Draco seems unfazed and smiles. He takes my hands off his eyes and hold them.

"Ready for Quidditch?" He asks

"I'm gonna kick your butt Malfoy," I say pulling away from him and jumping on the floor.

"Oh yeah?" He says standing up.

He runs towards me and I try to run away. He sweeps me off the floor and spins me around.

I laugh and put my head back. Draco puts me down and smiles at me.

"You do know there can be two seekers, right?" He says sweetly, brushing my hair away from my face.

"Ya, you can be the backup if I break my leg," I say laughing.

"Well neither of us will get to be a seeker, if we don't get to the tryout," Draco says.

"Right," I say grabbing my broom and heading for the door.

Draco and I walk out of the common room, up the stairs and towards the Quidditch field. We bump into Olly and Maddy, who are also trying out. We all walk to the field and meet with the captain.

Last years captain was Emily Duntly. This year she will choose a new captain for this year. Everyone groups together and we start the tryouts.

"Alright everyone," Emily says "welcome to the first tryout. I want to tell you now that just because you made the team last year does not guarantee you a spot this year".

Emily gestures to two boys to bring over the Quidditch box and they carry it over to her. She opens the box to reveal the balls.

"Alright everyone, let's start with basics, take a lap," she says mounding her broom and hovering. Emily flys to the center of the field so she can see us and we all get on our brooms. Maddy flys off, then Draco then me with Olly behind me.