Chapter 45: Gone Forever

"I don't like it Elena," Logan says.

"I'm sorry Logan, I know you don't," I say.

"Elena, I told you to drop it, you're putting yourself in so much danger," he says looking around to see if anyone is walking around.

"I'm fine," I say trying to convince myself I'm totally safe.

"Elena, you almost died a few months ago," he reminds me.

"Because Draco wasn't there," I say.

"No because you were with him, Elena, this is crazy," he says, "I'm not changing my mind about this. I don't trust him, and I will never support this" he says storming off.

I lean up against the wall and she a deep breath.

He's right, I'm not safe. I'm not safe at all. I know Draco loves me but that won't protect me. I hate having these thoughts but I have to think logically.

"I hope this is the time you decide not to listen to him," Draco says coming around the corner.

"Draco?" I say confused "we're you listening to us?" I ask getting a little annoyed.

"I had to Elena," he says

"What! Draco, you can't do that" I say

"He's trying to turn you against me, Elena, what am I suppose to do," he says getting a little angry

"Let us figure it out, you can't listen in on other people's conversations," I say

"Well what do you think about what he said, because I know I'm not leaving you," he says

"I'm working on it Draco, it's difficult," I say

"Why, what's different now?" He says

"I'm in danger now! you're aunt almost killed me!" I yell

"Elena, please," he says pushing me against the wall

"Draco, she killed our baby," I say as my eyes fill with tears.

"I know," he says hugging me "but we aren't ready for that," he says looking at me.

"It was still ours," I say "and she knew"

"Elena, please, calm down," he says

"No Draco, I'm so sick of fighting with you," I say pushing him away from me. "I'm so sick of being scared when you disappear when you don't tell me where you've been," I say letting the tears roll down my face.

"Elena, listen to me," Draco says reaching for me.

"No," I say shaking my head. "No, Draco, I need you to go," I say

Draco stands in front of me unsure what to do. A few seconds pass and I look down at the floor hoping he'll go.

I hear Draco laugh to himself in disbelief and walk past me. He clearly thinks I'm being ridiculous and doesn't want to deal with me anymore. I look up to see an empty hall and lean against the wall and let my body sink to the floor. I listen to the sound of cutlery hitting plates and people laughing with each other. I wonder if anyone has even noticed I'm gone or if they're too caught up in their conversations to realize. I wonder if I just got up and went back to my room if I would get caught. The answer is no. One because I don't want to see Draco when I go back in there and two because this floor is nasty. I stand up and head back to the common room. I try my best to walk lightly in case anyone happens to be walking around. I make it back to the main hallway that takes you to the common room and heads down the Slytherin stairs. I walk through the door to see Alex and Olly sitting on the couch, obviously ditching dinner.