Chapter 23: No Fairytale Ending

Elena POV . 

Did he really just say that?! I've been waiting to hear him say that for so long. I feel my stomach full of butterflies and I smile at him.

"Draco...I"

"Elena let me explain." He says "I've loved you ever since that first night. You give me a feeling that I've never felt before. Your the light of my life, my sun. I felt so miserable before you came into my life. I don't know what I would do without you." He says

He strokes my hair behind my ear and I pull him towards me and kiss him.

"I love you too" I whisper

"Come with me," he says grabbing my hand.

We walk back to his room and there's no sign of Pansy. He lets go of my hand and turns to face me.

"Close your eyes," he says

I smile and close my eyes. I hear Draco moving things around and then the noise stops. I hear him walk towards me. He walks around me to my back and I wait. I feel a heavy object tap my chest then feel Draco move my hair.

I open my eyes and look down to see a beautiful arctic blue triangle diamond around my neck.

"Draco, it's beautiful," I say turning around to see him.

"It was my mothers, I'm supposed to give it to the girl I love, just like my father did." He says taking the gem and holding it in his palm.

I lifted the diamond to look at it more closely and notice a small "E" on the back of it.

"How does it have my initial on it if it was your mothers?" I ask

"It's a charm, it changes when it gets a new owner," he says.

"That's amazing," I say begging fascinated by the necklace.

"It's beautiful but it's a rule that it will never be more beautiful than the girl who wears it," he says tilting my head up to meet his gaze.

I go up on my toes and give him a kiss. It's almost as amazing and perfect as the first one.

Knowing that Draco loves me gives me a new sense of hope and happiness. He was my whole world too. He made my life exciting again.

"What time is it?" I ask

"Midnight," he says holding my hands.

We interlock our fingers and I put my head on his chest.

"I'm not tired yet," I say

"me either," Draco says "come with me," he says pulling me towards the door.

"Where are we going?" I ask

"You'll see," Draco says reaching for his broom.

We quietly walk down the corridor and into the common room. We walk out the door and up the stairs. Draco looked around when we got to the top of the stairs and I waited behind him. We walk down the main corridor and I hold onto Draco's arm. He's extremely strong considering he's pretty thin. We walk down the corridor and to Draco's secret door. We walk outside and it's much colder than I expected. I instantly feel the cold air hit my skin and shiver. I squeeze Draco's arm a little more and he pulls me close to him. Draco takes his scarf and wraps it around my neck. I can smell his expensive cologne and I close my eyes and melt. Draco leads me into the garden and back into the small circle of flowers with the small bench. We sit down and the stone of the bench is cold on my skin. Draco pulls out his wand and holds it up.

"Lumous" he says

A small night light comes to the tip of his wand and I smile. I always loved that spell. I remember asking Logan to teach it to me one night after I had a nightmare. I wanted to be able to see so I could walk to his room. He would always stay up with me and tell me stories until I fell asleep again. I always liked Logan's room more than mine. He had a bigger bed and soft sheets. He offered to give me his room once but I declined.