Chapter 38: End Of A Long Night

"Draco," I whisper.

"I know," he whispers back.

We continue down the stairs and the flashes of the camera's gets brighter and louder. People start to surround us as we make it to the bottom of the stairs, yelling questions and complements.

I look up at Draco for some direction on what to do and he just stands and looks up at Narcissa and Lucius while they walk down the stairs. The reporters all snap to see Narcissa and Lucius and leave up to see them.

"Time for our exit," Draco says taking my hand.

He pulls me away from all the noise and I look back to see the commotion. There's at least twenty people attacking Narcissa with questions and she loves it.

"I'll get you some water," Draco says letting me go.

"Thank you" I say

I look around the room and try to recognize someone. The entire room is full of people from the ministry and high class. There's no way i'll know anyone here considering they all look fifty.

"Elena" I hear Pansy's high voice say behind me.

I close my eyes and try to stay calm. I take a deep breath and turn around.

"Pansy," I say.

"You look amazing," She says

"Yes, she does," Draco says coming up behind me with my water.

"Hi, Draco" Pansy says in her weird flirty way.

"What do you want Pansy?" Draco asks.

"Just to say hi to Elena, and you," She says stepping closer to Draco.

"Pansy" a woman yells fro the crowd.

Pansy Turns around and grunts at the sight of the woman and I guess it's her mother.

"I'll be back," Pansy says to Draco and turns on her heel.

Draco waits for her to get out of sight and grabs my hand.

"She won't be long. I don't want her ruining this night" Draco says.

"She won't. Come on, let's dance" I say pulling him towards the crowd.

We walk to the center of the room and I turn to look at Draco. The small orchestra starts with a long sound of a violin. I take Draco's hand and he wraps his hand around my waist. The violin is followed by flutes and cello's. Draco takes the lead and takes a step to the left and I follow him. We move perfectly in sync together across the floor. Dancing with Draco makes me feel extremely safe and as if i'm walking on clouds. We move quickly and smoothly as we move. Draco spins me and my dress flares out perfectly.

Soon everyone slowly turns to look at us and I can feel eyes on me. I smile at Draco as if to tell him and he already knows. The sound of a camera snaps quickly and the flash beams off the small gems in my dress. The sound of the violin speeds up and Draco starts to move faster. I do my very best to keep up with him and not think about the crowd of people watching us. I see Pansy out of the corner of my eye and get distracted and trip over myself. I hold my breath as I fall into Draco and wait for the worst. Of course Draco noticed my mistake and lifted me up. I put my hands on his shoulders as he lifts me and look down at him. He laughs at me and puts me down. The music ends and the crowd claps for us.

"Thank you" I whisper.

"For what? that was obviously planned" He jokes holding his hand out for me.

I laugh at him and take his hand. We walk to the side of the room and the crowd fills the area where we had been.

I let go of Draco and turn to face him.

"What happened?" Draco asks.

"I got distracted," I say.

"I'm just glad you didn't hurt yourself. You've been through enough this week, you really don't need a broken ankle" He says looking me over.

"Ya, that wouldn't be so fun," I say.

"Do you need any water or anything?" He asks brushing my hair behind my ear.

"No, I'm okay," I say taking his hand.

"Okay, I'll need to go talk to some of fathers guests, I want you to stay here," He says

"Why?" I ask defensively.

"If my aunt knew about the baby, so do they," he says pulling away from me and walking passed me.

"Draco I -" I say turning around to see him vanished into the crowd.

I exhale deeply and look around to find out if there's anyone around I can talk to. Maybe Narcissa or maybe even one of the house elves. I'd only actually seen one of them but she was small and kind.

I stand to watch the crowd pass as the party starts to settle. I turn to see Narcissa heading up the stairs and decide to go up after her. I slide through the crowd of people, apologizing to everyone I brush by.

I get to the stairs and start to walk up. I look up to see Narcissa turn the corner at the top of the stairs and start to walk a little faster.  I get to the top of the stairs and turn the corner to see Narcissa standing at the end of the hall with her wand.

"Narcissa?" I say walking towards here

"Oh, Elena," she says looking up at me.

"Is everything alright?" I ask

"Yes, I just needed some time to catch my breath, there are lots of people that you have to talk to as it's very tiring" she explains

"Alright, I'll see you down there then," I say turning on heel.

"Oh Elena," Narcissa says

I turn back around to see her walking towards me.

"When were you thinking of leaving, I know Draco sometimes leaves early to get some things for school," she says

"Oh I'm not sure, we haven't talked about it," I say

"Oh well that's alright," Narcissa says "you should get back to the party," she says turning around to look out the window.

"Elena" I hear someone say behind me

I turn to see Draco walking towards me and instantly feel as if I've done something wrong.

"What are you doing up here?" He asks

"Oh just talking to-" I turn to see an empty hall behind me and stop.

"Talking to who?" He asks

"Well..your mother...but"

"Come on," he says taking my hand. "I think you need some sleep," he says pulling me towards him.

Draco puts his arm around me and we walk down the hall. We pass my room and I look up at Draco.

"Are we going somewhere?" I ask

"I want you to stay with me," he says smiling down at me.

"What about your parents?" I ask

"They'll be up until morning, they won't even notice that we're gone," he says

"Okay," I say

"So what were you talking to my mother about?" He asks

"When we're leaving," I ask

Draco stops dead in his tracks and looks down at me.

"Why?" He asks

"She said you leave early sometimes," I say

"I've never left early," he says

"Then why would you leave early with me?" I ask

"Because she thinks you're still pregnant," he says