Chapter 9: Party Time

"Elena, please say something," Draco says.    

I look up at him to see his beautiful blue eyes pleading for me to speak.

"I didn't know," I say

It was the only thing I could say. I honestly didn't know. I heard the humors before but I never thought anything of them.

"How could you not know?" Draco asks, looking very confused but also happy. Happy that he could have a fresh start with me without the worry that I would be different around him.

"You're not really a topic of conversation with my friends," I say "speaking of, they're probably looking for us," I say standing up from the bench.

Draco gives me a small nod and stands too. We walk out of the garden and back to the door. Draco holds the door open for me and I walk back into the castle.

The floor is very cold but I was in no mood to put my shoes back on. Draco follows behind me, quietly closing the door behind himself.

We don't speak the entire time we walk down the corridor. We make it to the top of the stairs before going down to the dungeon. Draco grabs my arm and spins me around.

"Elena, please don't tell anyone," he asks. I can see that he really doesn't want anyone to know, that that's not who he wants to be known as. The son of a Death Eater.

"I promise, I won't tell anybody," I say forcing a smile.

Draco gives me a smile then heads down the stairs

I stand there trying to figure out what just happened. This was all moving very, very fast and I hope it will slow down. I wanted to get to know Draco but not his deepest secret the first time we talked.

I hear the door to the common room at the bottom of the stairs and realized I should go back to the party.

I walk down the stairs and to the common room. I tap the bricks in the pattern to open the door and stand back as the walls shift. The door is revealed and I walk back into the common room.

"Elena!" I hear someone yell over the music.

I look around trying to find out who it was. Then I'm grabbed from behind. I look over my shoulder to see Ben looking very angry.

He spins me around and holds my arms.

"Where did you go?" He asked very concerned "and why with you with Malfoy?"

I could see the anger in his eyes. I knew he didn't like Draco, they never saw eye to eye.

"We just went to talk," I say trying to calm him down.

"He's vile Elena!" He said throwing his arms up in disbelief "he's a monster" he said placing his hands on my shoulders. It was as if he was trying to explain why he was freaking out.

I had never seen Ben like this. He's usually so nice. He's never said a bad thing about anyone. He was being so mean about Draco and he didn't even know him.

"Don't say that Ben!" I said as I shoved his chest.

Ben regains his balance and looks very confused that I was defending Draco. He was only bad because everyone thought he was.

"Elena?!" I hear someone call from the crowd.

I turn to see the shocked face of Beth with Maddy and Claire close behind her.

"What's going on?" She asks stepping between Ben and I.

"Nothing, it's fine," I say smiling at Beth

"Ben what are you doing?!" I hear Olly call as he steps from the crowd.

"Just taking care of something," Ben says looking at me.

"What is he talking about?" Beth asks taking a step closer to me.

"I'll tell you later," I say shaking my head.

This was ridiculous. I didn't want to take the attention off Olly. This was supposed to be a fun night.

"Okay, let get a drink," Beth says as she grabs my arm and pulls me into the crowd.

Before Ben can object, were gone and Alex steps up to the mic.

"Okay, everyone, are you ready for the main event," he says as two boys from seventh year bring out a foam machine.

Everyone starts to cheer and crowd in the center of the room. Alex pulls a big lever and foam sprays everywhere. The foam is green and white. It looks more magical than anything. Probably because I just had that drink that Beth made me.

"Come on," Beth says taking my cup and dragging me to the center of the crowd. We are soon joined by Claire and Maddy who have clearly had a few drinks.

"This is amazing!" Maddy yells throwing her hands in the air.

"I love you Slytherin!" Claire yells

We all dance in the foam and laugh at Pansy's awkward dancing.

"Oh my god she's so bad," Maddy says pointing at Pansy who's doing some sort of spin-clap dance.

Claire and Beth laugh as they watch Pansy make a drunken fool of herself and I find myself laughing too.

I saw Ben dancing with Blaise and Olly. I was happy that he had cooled down and was over me talking to Draco. I don't know why he cared. We just talked.

I let the thought leave my head and dance with my friends. The room slowly gets darker before the room is completely dark. The music is still blasting and the foam is still flying through the air. It wasn't a power failure. Soon the room is lit up with strobe lights and the base of the music drops. It's the best party Slytherin had ever had.

I jump up and down with Maddy and I can see her laughing through the quick flashes of light.

I notice Draco's white hair through the crowd as the light hits him. He's with Ben and Olly! They look like they're having fun. I was so happy that Ben was enjoying Draco's company, and that there was no more drama.

The room is a complete blur as the room flashes with lights and foam hits me from every angle. It was good to be home.