Chapter 41: What's Going On?

Draco POV 

"Elena?" I say knocking on her door.

"Come in," she says

I open the door to see Elena throwing in a sweater and she turns to look at me.

"What's the rush?" I ask

"My last exam!" She says excitedly

"Oh right, why do you have it today anyway?" I say

"Snape wasn't able to test us yesterday or something, Have you seen my wand?" She asks looking at her bed.

I look to my left and find her wand on her table under a shirt.

"Elena," I say holding it up

She runs over to me and grabs it from me.

"You're the best," she says

I smile at her and she looks down at her watch.

"I have to go," she says

She kisses me on the cheek and runs out the door. I close it behind her and look around her room and admire all the things that resemble her personality. Pictures of her and Maddy and Beth. The feather quill we got when we were named prefects. I walk around and go to her desk. She has a picture of us in a good frame and I pick it up to look at it. A small piece of paper falls from the back of the frame and I put down the picture and pick it up.

The note reads

Elena
Meeting time change, 2 pm in the room of requirement
Harry

I flip it over to see if there's anymore writing but there's nothing. I look at the note again and try to understand it. Why would she be meeting with Harry?

I hear the door swing open and Elena runs in.

"Oh you're still here," she says shocked

"What's this about?" I ask holding up the paper.

"What?" She says walking over to me. She takes the paper and reads it over.

"Oh," she says

----------------------------------------------

Elena POV

"Oh," I say trying to stay calm. "It was just a meeting I had with Harry so he could teach me something" I lie

I turn around and try to hide my fear.

"Elena, you're one of the best witches I know, what could he have taught you?" He asks

"I just got needed help with a sound charm, I know how to do them but I wanted them to be better," I say turning back around

Draco gives me a confused look and I look at my desk, I see my notebook.

"Anyway," I say brushing by him and taking the book. "Wish me luck," I say

"Good luck," he says

"Love you," I say running out the door.

I run down the corridor and into the common room. I run to the door and run out. I head up the stairs and see Hermione waiting for me.

"What took you so long?" She asks

"Draco," I say

"Oh," she says

We start walking down the hall and she looks at me.

"He still thinks you're writing the exam?" She asks

"Ya, but he found a note from Harry about the DA a few months ago," I say

"What?" She says in a shock

"Don't worry, I played it off. He doesn't know about the DA" I say

"Good because that would ruin everything," she says

We walk down the hall and head for the Gryffindor common room.

"Do you think he'll be surprised?" I ask

"Elena, that's the whole point of a surprise birthday," she says

"I just hope he likes it," I say nervously

"Elena, he's going to love it," she says linking arms with me.

I smile at her and we continue down the hall. We get to the moving staircase and walk up quickly. Hermione says the password and the door opens.

We step in and I see Harry and Ron lifting streamers up to hang on the wall. I'm surprised Rob can actually do that spell considering how poorly he pronounces it.

"Elena," Harry says walking over to me.

"What do you think?" He says looking around.

"It's perfect," I say looking at everything

The black decorations, the balloons, the huge table of food and the already large pile of gifts.

"Good, we'll let everyone get ready, is 9:00 still a good time?" He asks

"It's great, it'll give us more than enough time to get him here," I say

"Splendid," Harry says looking at Hermione.

"I'll see you guys later, thank you so much," I say hugging Harry.

"Of course," he says

I turn to walk out of the common room and back down the stairs.

"Elena" I hear.

I look at the bottom of the stairs to see Alex and Olly.

"Wanna come?" Olly asks holding up a broom.

"Yes," I say filling with joy.

I don't know why but every time one of my friends asks me to do something with them spontaneously it makes me happy. My god, I'm cheesy.

I rush down the stairs and meet them. Olly puts an arm around me and hugs me.

"Did Draco believe it?" Olly asks.

"What that I had an exam? of course," I say.

"Good, he can't know about this yet," he says.

----------------------------------------------

DRACO POV

I know I shouldn't have followed her but now I'm happy I did. What can't I know about? Why are Elena and Olly always disappearing? What's going on? There's no way she would cheat on me, not after everything we've been through.

I follow them as her, Olly and Alex walk to the courtyard. Alex gets on his broom and waits for Olly and Elena.

"You coming with me or him?" Alex asks her.

"Sorry, I promised Olly I would go with him for eternity" Elena jokes.

She gets on the back on his broom and holds on to him as the all lift off the ground. I feel my heart sink as I remember how great it feels when she holds onto me. I really hope I'm just scaring myself.