Chapter 15: Elena

Draco pulled me a little and turned around. I can see that he wants me to follow him so I do. We leave Beth and Alex who are smiling at each other. 

Draco and I walk back down the path and towards the brooms again. The sun has broken through the thick trees slightly and leaves a single circle of light hitting the ground.

"Elena?" Draco says looking at me.

"Yea Draco?" I say

"Do you want to go for a walk?" He asks. 

I was half expecting to just wait by the brooms until Beth and Alex came back. I suppose a walk would help pass the time.

"Sure," I say

Draco and I walk from out brooms into the woods. Draco acts like the dark forest isn't terrible and there are not bad creatures in here that could kill us in a heartbeat. We walk further and further away from Alex and Beth and the path starts to get lighter. It appears that the forest isn't as think in this area and it's not so menacing.

"I'm glad it worked," he says out of nowhere.

"What worked," I ask. Even though I knew that it was planned. I wanted more details.

"This whole day was planned," Draco says "You're part of it right now," he says looking at me.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

I suddenly start to get nervous. What could they have planned for me? What could Draco have planned?

"Look," Draco says gesturing in front of us.

I look forward to see the end of the Dark forest and the castle.

"Draco?" I ask stopping "what about my broom?" I say starting to panic.

What have I done? I left my broom back there. I'll never get it back. Oh god, my mom won't buy me a new one. Why did I leave it there?

"Relax Elena," Draco says grabbing my arms. "Alex and Beth are going to bring them back," he says

"What do you mean?" I ask

"Alex wanted to show Beth how to fly two brooms at the same time, " he says "he's excellent at it"

Heart attack over. Thank god! I was just about to run back and get it. I couldn't imagine a life without my broom.

"Come on," Draco says

I give him a smile then we start to walk back to the castle. We walk through the front gates and towards the door when Draco stops.

"What's wrong?" I ask as I notice he's looking around.

"Let's go through the side door," he says

"What are you talking about?" I ask

There is no side door, and if there is I've never used it. No one has ever talked about it before. I find myself having to trust Draco and follow him to the side of the castle.

We reach a small door at the side of castle and Draco opens it. I look in and it leads to a long tunnel that lit by floating candles just like the grand hall. They are all against the walls so I don't have to worry about lighting on fire.

Draco goes in first and I follow at his heels.

"What is this?" I ask

"The old fire escape tunnels from a long time ago," Draco says looking at me.

" I didn't know they were here," I say touching the wall and feeling the cold stone on my fingers.

"You know, I haven't been here for a while. The tunnel might be sealed. We might be stuck" he says smirking at me.

"Don't say that!" I say playfully hitting his arm.

Draco laughs at me and I laugh with him. Of course, he would joke about getting stuck in here. He's such a...a boy.

We walk down the tunnel before we come to two other hallways. One goes left and one goes right.

"Left or right?" Draco asks

"Um...right?" I say hoping that's where to go.

"Right it is" Draco says turning down the tunnel.

Draco continues to tell me funny stories like how he once broke his arm while trying to make himself fly. He has no problem embarrassing himself in front of me and I love it. I never get to see this side of Draco.

We come to a small door at the end of the tunnel and Draco stops. I look at him and looks confused. This worries me because it gives me the feeling that we're lost.

"Draco, what's wrong?" I asked pulling my hand on his arm.

"I've never seen this before," he says looking behind us.

"Maybe we took a wrong turn," I say worried

"That's what I'm thinking," he says "come on" he grabs my hand and we start to walk back down the tunnel. We take about twenty steps before we hear a sinister laugh. Draco and I both freeze and I squeeze his hand.

We hear the laugh again, but louder. I am utterly terrified and I can tell Draco is afraid too. Draco takes out his wand and hold it up. I get mine too and look around to try to find the source of our terror.

"Elena..." A deep voice whispers.

I jump out of my skin and look around frantically.

"Elena..." It says again, louder this time.

"Elena!" It screams. It's loud and angry. It sounds like it's right beside me.

Draco grabs me and hugs me close to him. I tremble in fear as we look around. There's nothing, nothing at all. I squeeze Draco and I can feel his heart beating faster than ever.

There was a strong gust of wind that came through the tunnel and we saw it. For the first time in my life. I was face to face with a death eater.