Chapter 30: Everyone Knew

Great. Now I have to choose between my family and Draco! Maybe I can visit him for a day but I can't just leave Mom for the entire break.  

"Um, I don't think I can Draco," I say tucking a Piece of hair behind my ear and standing from his chair.

"Why not?" He asks wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Because I have to see my mom and spend time with Logan and Mike," I say honestly.

"I guess so, how about a few days. You'll still have plenty of time to see your family and you can come to our annual ball" Draco says

"I'll ask my brothers but I'm not promising anything," I say pulling away from him.

I still haven't told him about what happened this morning. But there were enough people that saw it that could have spread the word.

I turn on my heel and head for the door. I don't know why I though I could get away with it because the moment I turn Draco grabs my wrist.

"Where are you going?" He asks giving me a sad look.

"I have to finish packing," I say

"I can help you," he says

"It's okay, you should get to your Herbology class," I say

"Don't you have class too?" He says leaning on the wall.

"Yup, and I'll be late if I don't pack now" I lie.

Draco doesn't try to stop me a second time and allows me to walk out the door. I go into my room and close the door. I walk over to my bed and collapse. I feel a small paper under my hand and lift myself into my elbows to look at it. I look at the small envelope with my name on it.

I open the envelope to see a small note that says,

Elena
Meeting time change, 2 pm in the room of requirement

Harry

I look at my clock and it's already 1:30. I would have to leave for the meeting now and pack later. I force myself to get up and shove the note behind a picture frame on my desk. I open my door slowly and look down the corridor to see if Draco's anywhere to be seen. The coast is clear and I walk down the corridor. I turn to enter the common room. I stop quickly as I see Draco's platinum blonde hair across the room. I look around the room to see if anyone is around to help me and I see Olly and Maddy sitting on the couch. I look at Draco who has his back turned to me and make a break for the couch. I run over to Olly and Maddy and hide behind the arm on the couch.

"Hey Elena," Olly says

"Olly shhhh," I say putting my hand over his mouth.

Olly leans over the couch and whispers to me.

"Still hiding from Malfoy?" He asks

"Yup," I say looking at Draco.

"What do you need?" He asks

"To get out of the common room," I say

"Another mysterious disappearance of the week?" He says

"What?" I ask trying to act like he wasn't completely right.

"We're your best friends, we notice when you leave," he says

"I'll explain later, just help me and I'll tell you" I plead

"Fine" Olly says

Olly leans back over to Maddy and tells her what's happening. They both stand up and walk over to Draco.