Quin 3:24pm: Two months! He even packed everything and my work knows too. Idk how he planned this behind my back. Still creeped out by the plane part.

Raine sighed. Two months without Quin, her rock. Stop being selfish you idiot. She took in a deep breath started to type on her phone again.

Raine at 3:28pm: Wow you'll have lots of time to explore together. =D Don't be creeped out you weirdo, just take some Gravols. They'll knock you right out and then badaboom badaboing you're in Greece!

Quin at 3:32pm: LOL! It's badaboom badabing... Hmm... I think you may be onto something with the gravols there. But while I'm gone, I want you to practice some more of those fakes and combos with the elbows in there to prepare for your next fight. Make sure you get a ton of rest too OK?

Raine rolled her eyes. The boy was going to Greece and he was still worried about her fight.

Raine at 3:33pm: Shouldn't you be packing? Stop texting and get ready for the trip of your life.

Raine set her phone down. It was going to be a long two months. Raine breathed in and out deeply before pulled her knees into the seat and hugged them tightly to keep herself safe. When she was younger, she often hid behind the bookshelf and did just that. It made her feel like she could at least protect herself. However, Raine would quickly learn that the best way to protect herself was to run away.

~

Raine stayed in her home for days. She couldn't remember when she fell asleep, but on one of the days, she woke up to Stacy hovering over her in the sunlight. She groaned and threw the covers back over her head.

"Go away," she murmured through the sheets.

"You've been ignoring me for days!" Stacy climbed under the covers and spooned her from behind.

Raine peaked her head out and squinted at her, "Because you're an asshole!"

"I'm totally not an asshole," she rubbed Raine's arm lightly.

"You are!" Raine frowned and rolled over to face Stacy.

To Raine, Stacy could have kept Chris' name out of it. While she knew that the photos were public, she also knew it wasn't necessary to reveal Chris' name on television. Chris was right when she said it could potentially harm her career moving forward and that was the last thing that Raine had wanted.

Raine looked her in the eyes and said quietly, "You mentioned her name..." And made Chris look like she were batshit crazy.

Stacy paused, "Who?"

"Chris," Raine choked out. She hadn't said her name out loud in days.

"Who?" Stacy stared at her blankly for an entire five seconds and then a light bulb went off, "Oh, yeah!"

Raine blinked in disbelief. Did you really forget who Chris was?

Stacy opened her mouth and then closed, "Laura said it would be beneficial if people knew who Chris was. You know the whole more personable thing. I thought she said you wouldn't care?"

Raine sighed, "Of course I care." Goddamnit Laura.

"I'm sorry love," Stacy cooed as she ran her fingers through Raine's long black hair, "Did she not tell you?"

"No," Raine said bitterly.

"Who is Chris to you?" Stacy searched Raine's eyes for an answer.

Raine swallowed, "I... don't know." Everything and nothing at the same time.

Stacy knew better than to prod deeper, so instead she teased with a wagging finger, "You're shady."

Raine smirked into bright green eyes and leaned in close enough that she could feel Stacy's minty breath on her, "I learned it from you."

"Uh huh..." Stacy raised one of her defined eyebrows, "What are you doing today?"

"Not sure yet, why?"

"Do you... want to try something new?" Stacy asked as her fingertips trailed along Raine's jawline.

"Does it involve getting out of this bed?" Raine groaned.

"Yes and maybe into other beds," Stacy smiled mischievously.

"I'm in if it involves sex," Raine shot her a grin. That'll keep my mind occupied.

Stacy began cautiously, "Well..." 

What do you think is going to happen in the next chapter?