Chapter 8

Sonya POV

(2 Week later)

       Its been fun these past weeks hanging with Ashanti and she's not that bad to be around. She had to go to her family house for Thanksgiving week so she left yesterday. Me and Amari haven't talked about whats going to happen between us and I'm not trying to push it. I want the opposite and avoid all of it. Its been awkward being around each other when were alone and I'm tired if it. Next week is his birthday and that's the right time to talk about it when everything is settled down. I'm in the mall with Cameron to find him a gift and I think I know just what to give him. Every time someone wears something shiny, he'll just admire it and I came to the conclusion that he likes stuff that sparkles. So I'm going to this jewelry store and give him a custome made chain with a Sapphire since he loves the color blue. Also I'm buying him a big bag of gummie worms, his favorite candy to eat and some blue Beats by Dre headphones. I know its alot of money I'm spending but I do it for all my friends birthday. Like for Mel birthday ( In June) I had paid for his paint job for his car and got him those 12's he wanted. Then for Cameron birthday ( February) I had bought her a PINK outfit from the jacket to the slides and her a human size teddy bear with a basket of chocolates since it was around Valentines day. I think I spoil them too much but they don't call me princess for nothing 😜.

     "Omg look at these!" Cameron say pointing to some Diamond earrings that cost $1200." They alright but Ion like them then look at the price." I tell her and I had to catch her over dramatic ass from falling. We started to laugh and the lady at the counter came back and said that we had to come back for it in two day and I told her okay then paid for it and we had left. We was just strolling through the mall and I was so into the conversation that we was having that I had bumped into someone and fell to the floor." I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." I heard a guy voice that was deep and I had to see who it was. I look up to see a boy around our age smirking down at me and extending his hand out to help me up and I nervously grab it. Get some act right before you speak." Its not all your fault, I wasn't paying attention e-either." I say shuddering the last part because he had me nervous as hell and showing them pearly whites wasn't helping at all." Hey I'm Cameron and the one you bumped into is Sonya." she say and I wave at him trying to hide my blush." I'm Marquees and them the bros Dontè and Joseph." he say pointing at his friends as he say their names. I tell you they was good looking but Marquees was winning.

Marquees POV

      Damn I'm glad they ass told me to come to the mall with them. And to think its not jumping like usual up here I find a girl that I never seen around. I know she like me cause she blushing hard as hell and I want to do the same but ain't gone show it." Can we hang with y'all for a while?" I ask Sonya because I wanna get to know her and end up with her number." We ain't doing nothing else so why not." her friend Cameron say and she give her that 'What the hell you mean' look and he just smile. I can read girls eyes and tell what they mean, weird I know." Aye Mar I'll hit you up later. They calling for me to handle some stuff." Dontè tell me whispering the last part as he got closer to me so the girls won't here. Yeah I'm in the drug business but just to help out with my younger brother and sister since its just us. My parents had up and left when I was 15 and since then it was just us against the world. Yeah we got family members but I didn't want to leave our house so I ask my uncle can he put me into the game and he did since he's the drug lord around here." 'ight bro." I tell he wave to them and left." We can go to the movies and then the food court." Cameron suggested and we all agreed and headed there.

      "Dang ma you been quiet for a while." I tell Sonya as we walk to the concession stand to get some snacks before the movie starts." Usually I'm not like this but when I meet somebody I can't read, the shyness takes over." she tell me and she had a nigga smiling hard as hell. I lift up her face for her to make eye contact with me and say," You don't have to be like that around me. If it makes you feel better I'm kinda nervous too but I got to try and make you mines". She was blushing so hard after I said that and all I want to do is taste those lips but I'm gone wait. I don't want to run her away by coming on so strong so I'm just gone keep calm for a lil while longer. We get the stuff and go back to our seats giving Cameron and Joseph they stuff and sitting next to Sonya. I guess Cameron told him she got a nigga 'cuz knowing him he'll be all over her but he is respectful. I just turn my attention back to Sonya wanting to know why she so fine but single. I just hope she ends up being with me and nobody else.