RICHE RICH AND THE FIRST AID

KHUSHBU's POV:

Tears of pain , tears of fear , tears of loss leak through my eyes cascading down my cheek all the way down my neck. Cold breeze gushes into room , cooling the liquid on the cheek. An array of hair flows freely over my face with the breeze hitting it with a force. Nonetheless our gazes stay locked. His dark hazel brown eyes rimmed red on the corners .

His big rough fingers pull back the hair back and tuck behind ears slowly grazing the lobe sending a shiver down my spine. His palms on either side of my face , while his thumb grazes my tear stained cheeks. Amidst the pain a smile mars his face. So much affection and love and pain showcasing his face that my heart bubbles up . Bubbles up with what ? I don't know , but it sure is a welcome feeling.

" d-does it h-hurt?" my voice raspy and filled with pain.

'no its super cool! he wouldn't have felt much better. no shit Sherlock it obviously hurts!' There goes my subconscious . although she has got a point , I would say its rather annoying I would think something so sarcastic at this moment.

" its fine , I just have a flesh wound. Though the bullet is still there-" my eyes shot wide open and I go haywire .

" Allah! its still there in you . Oh Allah, it sure hurts ! how stupid of me to even ask that! Its still in you. how do I pull it out? Its bleeding . You need Aspirin ! no ill get Tylenol , but its bleeding! you need dressing maybe even stiches but we to pull it out off first-" his palm slaps over my mouth . Till then I don't notice that I was leaning towards him and him towards me. The proximity shocks me but I don't miss the fact that his hand are bloodied and clamped against my mouth.

" shhhhh.. " he shushes pulling his face closer to mine. His nose touching mine. My breathing accelerates and so do my hormones creating a buzz of excitement to stir in my stomach. But to my disappointment he pulls back and takes his hands off.

" go get me warm sterilized water in a bowl with a soft cloth and there is a small aluminum suitcase with First Aid written on it in the left side of bathroom closet-" I sit and stare at him comprehend his instructions and wait for him to continue while he raises his eyebrow at me.

" what are you waiting for? An official statement? Just go already" his voice filled with humor and a smirk on his face.

oh the arrogant jerk!

I glare at him while standing up . If he weren't in pain , I would have had a nice argument with him! I'm almost about to open the door.

" wait" he calls out from behind and I turn around abruptly. He pulls himself off the bed and walks into the walk in closet with such a grace that I doubt if he is in pain. But then , its rafter. He would never show his weakness. His ego doesn't permit .

He comes out in a short while with a night gown wrap and my hijab. He walks behind me and holds the wrap for me to put it on and walks around facing me and adjusts the wrap to cover my bare arms. Then he pulls my hair to one side and loosely wraps the hijab around my forehead awkwardly with one hand while his wounded side of arm stays put all the while avoiding my gaze. I stare at him with utter shock .

"its only for my eyes" he mutters and walks back towards the bed . I bow my head down to cover my blush and walk out of room as much fast as I can. I speed walk down the empty corridors then the stairs making my way to the kitchen through the dimly lit hall. There is no one inside the house but I can see the men outside the house..errr mansion patrolling like they usually do.

I enter the kitchen and quickly boil some water. Then I carry the water in a bowl on a tray all the way to my room. I open the door to see Raftar all in glory with his back resting against the bed post, feet crossed and perched up on bed and his arm covering his eyes. I know he is awake and sensed my presence but he stays still. I put the tray on the bed post beside him and go to the bathroom to get the first aid kit from the bathroom closet.