Chapter 3

I hate monday morning .... The same usual collage stuff not that I wake up late on week ends but on week ends I pray fajar and go back to sleep but on mondays I start with the daily routine . I have my breakfast and start walking towards the bus stop when I see a group of men on the sidewalk usually it wouldnt have bothered me but these people were in black suits and had big built body ? Kind of creepy and unusual for a Monday morning. Is someone famous visiting? They all suddenly turn  towards me and stare at me and that is  when I realise that  I stopped walking and was staring at them while they all started brooding at me like i meant them harm.

Nice khushbu! You dumb freak mind your own fucking business!

I quickly turn my gaze away and start walking when fatima joins me .
    " what was that about? Who were those guys and why were you stairing at them?" She asks . She  must have seen the whole silent drama.

God, now she is gonna brag about it to others the whole day.

  "  I have no idea either . It seems really wierd ... And the seedans ,the wired looks I think its all them " I say. Although it seems like I was trying to tell it  to myself rather than her for which I get a you are crazy look from her and we both laugh at the situation .

Its lunch break and half of the day is gone. We sit in the cafeteria with our lunch and the hot gossip of the day turns out to be a junior who has hots for a professor and handed over a love confessed letter and apparently the professir turned out to get pissed off and turned her to the school principal. The debate goes on and on about how she might get suspended or get something. Can the gossip ever end? Nope!

              I'm in Level 3 Algebra class and sitting by the window side as usual im ignoring the professor I stretch my spine out and notice the same seedan cars parked in my college parking lot as the ones that were parked in my neighbourhood. I have no idea how im feeling -im confused, angry , scared , irritated all at once . I couldnt concentrate in the class not that I am that attentive the other days but I couldn't concentrate in the other classes which was satellite communications that I love to listen to.On my way back home I had the same feeling of some one following me but when I turned auroud there was nothing that would seem fishy no hefty built men or over the posh chain of cars maybe I'm just being paranoid ?

when I reached home, I see a sleek Matt sports car in the drive way. Oh wow! I am middle class enough to not even know what this beauty is but my curiosity is at a peak when I just rush to get inside the house and check what's actually happening inside.
         I stumble through the front door to see bhai in the living room .

Oh my!!

Its been so long seeing bhai that I slip my sandals and run to hug him.

"Bhaiiiii, You have no idea how much i missed you ... Its so boring without you here and mom wants to get me married off you have to save me off this crisis only you can save me and did u get me the chocolates I asked you to and ammi told thaa..." I keep on babbling non stop without realising about my surrondings until bhai puts his finger on my lips and turns me around to see a guy sitting on couch with an amused look on his face .

I have seen him somewhere but......oh the mall!!! 

Ya Allah!, why do I always have to get embarrised infront of him!!

         "And hello baby sis, i missed you too" he says "and um.. This.. Is my boss um friend R-raftar" I turn around with narrowed eyes towards bahi and ask "why are you so nervous"I wisper yell at him .

Big deal!

" because his boss is infront of him " Raftar says nonchalantly looking at me .I blush for no reason and turn around towards bhai who has his eye brows pulled up .

Yes ofcource he dint miss the blush ! Oh bhai we already met.
I share everything with my brother. I barely keep any secrets with him. He is my knight in shing armour. My mom, dad, brother, sister, best friend and the best enemy I can ever have.

" Hello" I give a very formal smile which he returns with a serious hello.
"You need anything ... Im in my room .ok ? " I say to bhai and without giving a glance at his boss . I step around bhai and was about to go to room to give my brother some privacy with his guest when I hear a voice.

"Yusuf? " abbu says.He closes the main door behind him while I step towards him to take his bag. Abbu turns around to look at our guest and when his eyes land on Raftar, bhai's boss his eyes widen in shock and... Fear???

Jeez! Relax , he is just a boss! Whats the deal?

Raftar sure looks intimidating and cold bu..
"Raftar bahai ??!!!" Oh abbu knows him??? And what does he mean bhai??!! Raftar is so young...Then he turns towards me and gives me a scary look and says
" Go to your room NOW!!" I get so scared with his looks that without any words I go upstairs to my room when ammi sttarts to desend  . I must have looked confused and scared because she asks " what happend ? "
"Bahi came and he is downstairs with... His boss and ... I dont know abbu is behaving wierd and asked me to go upstairs ..." I say and shrug.
"Oh?? Ill go and see to it .." She says and leaves.
I go to my room and take a quick shower then I wear a pair of green trousers and white unisex shirt then I up on the hijab ... Who knows raftar might still be there and I cannot go without hijab in front of non-mehram .... Its haram .
I jst fix my hijab when I hear voices.. Shouting ...abbu asked me not to go down but still Im curious ... And then I hear someone start to yell...abbu and bhai?? Or is it raftar that guy??!! I get so curious that I start desending still contemplating whether to go down or not...
"I will never let than happen " i hear abbu yelling.... So I quickly do down....
Im on the last step when I see raftar pointing a gun at my dad.... Without thinking i let out a gasp, which makes everyone turn towards me .I stare at then wide eyed .
" why did you come out?I asked you to stay put in your room right??!!!" He says with fear in his eyes although he is yelling at me. "Now go!!!"
      But I just stand there and stare at between abbu ,gun and that guy Raftar ... I dont seems to move my legs ... They fell so jell-o ... I never saw a real gun in my life this is the first time but when i see it... It's pointed towards abbu...
" I think she should stay here and listin to the conversation after all its about her,.." He say with blood shot eyes ..., that make him seem more scary than he already is.I look at him with a confused expression
me??!! What about me??
"You and I are getting married khushboo" he says with glint of happiness in his voice.
My breath leaves my body...,i cant think , i cant feel anything its feels so unrealistic...
Marry ???him??
I have no idea who the hell he is ..he comes and tells me that he and i are getting married just after the day I ran into him ... Is he crazy??!!
"I will never let my daughter marry a criminal or should say mafia leader... Never!!!"ammi says .
Mafia?
______________________________________
*I know these chapters are small... Ill try to write them a bit longer in the upcomming chapters... Please like and comment... It will encourage me to write futher*