Chapter 30

Khushbu's pov:

I feel sunlight touch my eyelashes. The warmth of morning enveloping me . I slowly turn to my right and see the bed empty like its been for a week now. The room empty and void without the presence of the owner. Yes, its my room as well but it belongs to him more than it does to me. Though I can call myself the owner of this room , my ego and pride wont let me back down from the decision I made a few weeks ago. Its not like I made it, its more like was forced to .

I stroll on the bed for a while before letting my feet touch the soft plush carpet. I yawn and pull my hair back and tie it in a loose bun. Yes, Im sleeping without a hijab. Not just that but Im wearing my usual tank top and Mickey shorts.
Its been a week since I saw Raftar . Its been a week since I woke up to see Raftar zip his laptop bag and leave with a warning -" Im going out on a business trip . It will take a while. Don't do anything stupid. " thats it. He leaves the room with a bang. No phone calls . No messages . Its not that Im complaining but what do I tell Ammi when she asks me about his 'a while business trip' this a while trip has extended for a week and I think it will take up few more days as well.

Though seems like he was totally prepared for this leave. I tried to leave the mansion but the guards patrolling outside just wouldn't let me. There were guards outside the window as well. So I killed my ego and called him but he just kept cutting my calls.

Dog!

Today a new day and a new plan . Im going to leave this mansion by hook or crook and nobody will be able to stop me. Usually I would not have done this and Im scared but if this means I can gain freedom for a while then I will. I get up and rush to bathroom. Keeping my phone on music dock I listen to Sorry by Justin Bieber. No im not a fan of him and usually I don't listen to his songs but this song seems too awesome to avoid. I hum to the song and brush my teeth. I take a quick shower and enter the closet with a towel wrapped around. Looking at this place pulls me back in past. The first day of mine here , the run-into-almost -naked-Raftar. I gotta accept this he has a body to die for . Oh Allah , that guy is too hot for his own good.

You miss him my subconscious mutters blowing on her nails.

Nope.

Yes you do. Nope naaa never.

Watevar makes u sleep at night. Im I really missing him ?

Oh, no what Am I even thinking.

I scowl and pick clothes.
***********

Should I ? Oh god how am I going to do this? Oh is this even going to work? I just hope this doesn't back fire and go straight up my arse. The guy infront of me is giving me a no argument look.

With a lot of convincing myself and lots of pep talk I slowly touch the sleek black object with my shaking hands. I never did something like this. Sure I played pranks but never touched a freaking gun. I take a deep breath and pull it out of my hand bag and point it at the guard dog. He seemed shocked . His mouth hung a bit.

Aha you got him. My subconscious cheered me up.

" mam, what are you doing? " his 'I-wont-show-any-emotions' face doesn't change .

" oh well, dada had this under his pillow so like his baby gal I thought I would play around this toy . Bishkyau . Bhishkyaun. " i say in a baby voice and suddenly turn it to my orignal voice and scream" what do you think Im doing U fool! "