Chapter 32

Khushbu's pov:

I feel something on my cheek but im too tired to open my eyes and check it out. My dreams are filled with all the memories I had with Raftar. Its like they want to tell me something. Like something is hidden from me.

' how will my bacchi (child) handle this Ahmed. Its too much for her' ammi cries out in front of abbu. Its just a day before the wedding. Im standing outside waiting for them to notice me.

' aamina this is for her safety aamina and you already know we gave our word. Raftar will keep her happy and safe . She might not know that now but she will be happy in future' I hear abbu consoling ammi.

Just as the dream completes I get another one.

'Raftar will keep you safe ' these are the words bhai spoke on my wedding day.

Then the dream skips to another one.

'I will keep you safe khushbu, nothing and nobody will hurt you' Raftar's voice enters my dreams.

Till then my dream was full of warning and consolations of ' keeping me safe ' but one's Raftar enters my dream The topic of 'my so called safety' skips to the time I spent with Raftar. The first time I saw him.... The coffee thing... Then the day I first fought with him at my home. The day he told I was getting married to him. The day of my engagement.... The day of my marriage ..... Then the time when I ran into him in the closet on the first day ..... His body .... His laugh... His everything ....

Im sitting on the porch of a beach house looking out at the sea . The moist air making me sweat . The saltiness on my skin makes my skin even more sweatier and itchier but the only thing that is making me sit and wait on the porch of this cottage is the eyes, hazel brown eyes Im longing to see. Im waiting for him.... My husband, Raftar and I seem way more pissed . I look down on sand observing the shells when A pair of feet reach my sight. I feel excitement bloom in me. I slowly look up... The formal royal blue trousers... Crisp white oxford shirt... Royal blue tie and jacket.... I look up slowly....

Trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I hear the blazing sound of the alarm. Time for Ishaa. My dream abruptly ends and I'm back to reality. I slowly flutter open my eyes. Letting my gaze fall on the ceiling of the bed room.

Why do I miss him?

When will he be back?

Im too deep in thought but instantly pull out when I observe a moment in the corner of my eyes. I slowly drag my sleepy eyes and see Raftar.

Allah? Am I dreaming?

I slowly move and rest my weight on my elbows. Raftar is sitting on a chair that he must have dragged from the corner of the room. One of his hand is resting on the arm of the chair while the other is holding a Glass of ..... Alcohol ... I guess. Here he is in all glory perched on the chair like a king giving an intense stare. His eyes..... Those hazel brown eyes....

" Finally , my king has made is presence." My voice raspy from sleep but I dont even think twice before speaking. I guess im too tired to even bother. " What the hell Raftar ?is this how long you take to come home? You said a trip and its been like a month . No calls . No messeg-" i keep blabbering and slowly tuck a piece of hair behind my ear and then it hits me . Realisation makes it way to my slow dumb brain and I look down to see my Pj's and tank top and......

Oh allah!!! My hair!

Hijaaaaab!!!! I dint wear my hijab .

I look up at him and scream at the top of my lungs. I let out a drained-out-air-from-lungs type of scream. I suddenly feel a hand clamped over my mouth. My scream gets muffled.