chapter 15

khushbu's POV:

thaap!!

I hit his head . How dare he touch me!!

He looks up at me his eyes seething with rage . I turn towards the driver but I notice that there is a metal panal separating the front seat and the back seat. Then again I turn towards him .

Gasp!gasp!gasp!

He's holding my heel soo tightly.

" Allah!!, p-p-please leave m-me" I say gasping in pain. I try to push him away but his bundle of nerves wouldn't budge a bit.

"You just did not hit ME!" He says very slowly but still with razor steel command.
" next time you won't be having hands attached to your arm ! " he says and leaves my ankle.

Tears that I have been controlling slip out.
How can someone be so cruel!

I scoot towards the window getting away from him and his touch. I don't seem to stop sobbing.

" you know what I do not regret my action ! Iam really proud of myself to stand against you! Others might fear you . But not me . I made it clear so better keep your filthy hands to yourself. I'm not so dumb to let you ... A stranger touch me!" I say bravely.

Well done Khushbu don't back down now ... Your doing well! My inner voice encourages me.

I turn and look at him . I make an eye to eye contact. Really? He expects me to fear him? Khushbu Ahmad never fears anyone or anything !

' umm Khushbu do not forget dogs.' My inner voice says.

' yeah only dogs but nothing else! '

' lizards ... Rats... Cockroaches... Insects'

'Oh ok maybe few animals....but nothing more.'

' oh common Khushbu you are scared of ghosts aswell' my inner voice growls to win arguement.

"Ghosts? " the monkey perks up beside me . " lizards ... Rats ... Cockroaches? "

Holy moly I said it out loud! At this my eyes enlarge as big as the eyes of an owl . Not that I have seen one in my life.

" no problem , I'll take you to zoo. " his voice full of amusement .

Control Khushbu ! Control!

" oh and Khushbu One day you will regret. Keep up the same attitude and you'll find yourself bed ridden. "

I scoff " yes doc"

He glares at me " it's no more Khushbu Ahmad it's Khushbu Ali.... Khushbu Raftar Ali and im not a stranger im your husband . I have every right on you ! " like he won some price!

Jerk!

" You are my husband for name sake not for real and also you remember that you Husband means partner a better half not a god to fall at his feet! I may have married you and all but just saying I do and signing on few papers doesn't mean you are my husband. I can't even think of this as some relationship ! I just don't seem to name it other than fake. I make relationships with heart. I describe them with feelings not with some stupid papers! " I'm breathless with my speech but the most shocking thing is he dint interupt even ones but stares at me intensely like he is trying to solve calculus.

Calculus is difficult for you ! Not for him maybe !

Oh shut up! I mentally yell at my inner voice. How annoying. She chose today of all the days to rant !

Well. Im you right... So your mistake!

Whaterver!

But my lord doesnt say anything he just smirks.

Huh?

Did i hit him too hard? Bipolar jerk.

We stay still and calm for the rest of the journey. I don't know where he lives but I'm sure we left my town. I must be crying and missing my family now but that feeling just vanished a while ago. It's like I'm going out for a while and will be back. I just hope that happens. I'll make his life so miserable that he himself will leave me.

I was too absorbed in my thoughts to notice that we stopped in front a big mansion. It was big and beautiful it seemed like it was built recently ... Maybe two or three years old. The big gates opened and our car passed through the gates to the drive way to the gates. A chauffeur dressed in black opened the car door for me and another one opened for Raftar. We both steped out and moved towards the door. I turned around to look at the mansion but then I noticed that Raftar's family was nowhere to be seen .

" where is your family" I ask him but he didn't answer .he was busy typing something on his phone.

" they are back home " he say without looking away from his phone.

" yeh home . this is a temporary stay then we will go home. I have some work here which will take few days"

" then whose house is this?"

"Mine"
" yours? "

" yeh , this is one of the mansions I have" he mumbles.

" how many do you have? " he looks at me and sighs.

" you ask too many questions khushbu! " why does it feel so tingly when he takes my name? My heart flutters and my tummy feels tingly. Of course it would! How would a girl feel when she gets married off to a mafia leader?!

"Nazma , take your mam upstairs to my room"

"Ji,Saab" yes ,sir she says and starts moving towards the stair case that's at the end of the living room. I follow her upstairs. Taking slow steps trying not to trip over this heavy dress. Once I go to my room I can strip and sleep peacefully!

She stops abruptly in front of a door which is my room behind it I suppose.

" this is your room mam . please call me when you need something"she says. She seems to be around 50's or something. Her eyes with a stinge of foggyness with aging. Her face with wrinkles. Her sides of mouth form into creases as she smiles at me. She must have been beautiful at her time. She reminds me of my grandmother. My grandmother who passed away just few years ago.

" your bags are already in your room . now can I take a leave mam?"

" not mam call me khushbu " I smile at her which she returns and leaves.

I turn the knob of my door and step inside with my head down can't. When I lift my head........

Oh no! Not this!!!

*hey there guys !!! Happy Diwali! I know I'm sorry for the delay but with the semester exams on its been a bit of an hectic schedule! So what do you think of this chap?!! Do you like it? I hope you do ! So please don't forget to like and comment !!!