chapter 19

Khushbu's pov:

I stand in front of him. My spine stiff my chin held upwards my eyes challenging him making me look intimidating. I put the juice glass on the table without taking my eyes away from his. The juice is dripping down his chin ,its droplets falling on the floor making a tip tapp sound. Other than that there is no sound but absolute silence. It feels like a silence before the declare of shrill cry in war of death. I know the consequences . He is in mafia he might kill me but I won't back down. I'm his wife not a stray dog who is to be tamed and trained. He stands there staring at me his jaw clenching and unclenching. His features emotionless but rage radiating from him making him intimidating but that doesn't let my guard down. I wait for him to say something. Do something but he just stares .

This silence prolongs for too long. I shift my weight from one leg to another , take a deep breath and just part my lips to speak but as if on que he speaks up in a dark menacing voice.

"Why? " his voice a whisper but still held command.

Why? Is he crazy ? I expected him to bark at me and all he says is why?! I think .

This is just a start khushbu's . This is not even a trailer. My subconscious sneers at the back of my mind.

"Why? What do you mean why? Please humor me !" I speak with confidence.

"How dare you? How dare you spill that on me? " his voice which once seemed as whisper tired into a loud booming sound. I flinch at his menace. The thought of backing down occurs but what happens in the morning should not happen again so I have to stay put.

" I just spilled a glass of juice on you . I could have done a lot more but I dint" I give a warning .

" do what exactly? "He scoffs . Underestimating me. What can I do that can make him back down?

" leave you. Divorce you. Divorce you just on the first day of our marriage!"
I whisper out the last part.

I myself don't know why I played that card but I did. I wish to take my words back but I can't. He stares at me . taken offgaurd at my statement. He looks shakes but then his lips turn into an evil smile.

" try! You know what you will not divorce me or leave me. And you know why is that? You would suffer or I-" now he is playing his cards. Manipulating me. Like he has always done .he doesn't continue but just stops like I should know the warning. And I got the warning. Or what ? Kill me?

" or what Raftar? " I challenge him. The traitorous tears following down my face. "Want to kill me Raftar than just do it! Do it Raftar!" I yell .

He stares at me shocked. All his anger wiped out in a blink of eye.he His hand moves slowly running his fingers on my cheeks wiping off the tears that rolled down. His mouth slightly parted. His eyes locked with mine. His face painful yet amazed like he is looking at something very precious. His face was always blank but now it was filled with emotions . various emotions and love and amazement being one of them . we stand in scilence for a long time . I expect him to say something but he doesn't.

"Raftar?!" I raise my eyebrows trying to bring him out of his dream land.
" earth to Raftar" he suddenly steps away from me.

"Sorry " he says . I search his face for any trace of deceptance but find only truth . he means it truely. Then he abrubtly turns and leaves or more like runs out in a rush.

Did I just win ? Oh yes I won! Finally I made him say sorry! But why Am I feeling guilty? Why do I feel defeated in his defeat although I won!

* I know guys tooo short chapter but have some problem with my device so I couldn't update on my ussual time . I ll try to update the next chapterASAP . and a longggg chapter probably.
Thank you for the likes and comments guys. Keep voting and commenting please do share your views on this chap :)