CHAPTER 34

RAFTAR'S POV:

                                        Its been four weeks since we arrived here, Paris, my birth place. Four weeks since I fought with my wife or even had an arguement. Its like she has shut off everyone else. 

                  Something went seriously wrong the day we left Pakistan. she doesn't talk to anyone , doesn't laugh anymore , doesn't fight ,infact the first few days we arrived here she even stop eating. But the surprising thing was, the moment I asked her to eat she ate. Its like she became a robot who accepts all my commands. she moves around the mansion with haunting lifeless eyes.

                  she wakes up at night and stands in the balcony looking out at the garden that she must have come to like because whenever I see her I find her in a place that has the view of the garden , but other than that she does the household chores and keeps to herself.

           I should be happy that she isn't causing a fuss and be content that she is accpeting this lifestyle. if I dint knew her I would have assumed that but this... this person doesnt seem to be my khushbu. My khushbu was a lively annoyingly lovely brat who used to cause destruction, annoyance. this khushbu seems to be timid and lifeless. I would be considered nuts , but I prefer the annoying khushbu . She was the one I fell in love with. She was the one who made me feel my heart beat. She was the one who taught me how to live a life. Seeing this Khushbu kills me. I cant tolerate to see her like this. I'm the reason, she is like this. Its because of me that she had to face this. But , I had to keep her safe from those people . I wish I could tell her the situation but her mother asked me not to tell her anything about the people who are behind khushbu. 

            To pull her out of her trance I  took her for a tour of Paris but she just sat in the car looking down at her fingers in her lap. I brought her favorite junk food ... some thing called 'gol gappey' . she ate few and put away the rest . I brought her to the theater room and put a movie but she kept looking down at the floor all the time . I asked her to talk to her family but then she keeps giving excuses for not talking to them. I have tried and tried but she just doesn't break her walls. But, I'm Raftar , Raftar Ali and if I want my khushbu back then I will get her back. Even if it means I should have that spicy Dhaba food then be it. 

               I scrawl the sign on the thick canvas paper of the contract and put the papers away in the desk. I turn on the Mac and wait for it to load. Just  then I hear a light tap on the door . I feel my heart rate increase and a rush of adrenaline in my back bone. I sit up straight on the comfortable suede leather office chair.

                    "come in" I call out loud. I see the knob turn and the door open in a painfully slow pace and then when it open completely I find the beauty stepping into my office. Even after  four years since I first saw her she looks the same beautiful and gorgeous lady I have ever seen . Even after all the time I still feel my heart race and my breath faster in her presence. 

                                  She has her head bowed with a tray in her hand which as a mug on it. She slowly walks to my table and puts the tray down on the table . Her pale long fingers stretch to hold the cup and push it towards me . then they pull back and hold the fingers of the other hand that is infront of her flat abdomen.

 "coffee" Her meek voice brings me out of my little fantasy world. I glance at her an nod my head in acknowledgement. I grab the Mug and bring it t my lips and take a sip.

"thank you its nice" I complement her and she takes it a chance to leave. 

Why does she have to run? This irritates me and before I know it I stop her.

" wait , I need to talk to you" the moment I say this she stops in the stride and turns towards me . She doesn't come closer but she doesn't step back. 

" sit" I tried calling out n a lovely manner but it comes out more like a command. I heave a breath, Its a years of habit which wont change so easy I guess. 

      she walks and sits on the suede bound leather chair in front of me and continues looking down on at her lap. I have had enough of her silence, now I cant take it anymore. That day when we wee boarding the jet when she hugged me and cried I thought this change can move her and accept me but instead she turned like this . I gave her time but enough. I cant handle this anymore.

" whats wrong Khushbu ? " I speak in a calm and collected voice which i'm anything but.She keeps looking down at he lap and stays mute. 

" khushbu, i'm asking you something! whats going on ? " I cant help but raise my voice. She flinches at my tone and cool down at the sight . I have cant handle her like I handle others. She seems so delicate  and innocent.

           I stand from my seat and walk towards he. I turn her chair towards me and kneel down to look at the chocolate brown orbs that I have been dying to see. A certain type of emotion flashes through her eyes but she keeps her face stoic. My heart bleeds at the sight. My princess being hurt because of me. I cup her cheek and wipe the tear 

     " khushbu , please talk, please! scream, shout , cry , anything khushbu anything! hit me if you wish to please ! just anything khushbu , anything please! yell at me , fight with me but please just talk to me. You annoying me, hitting or scolding me is acceptable but you staying mute and distinct from me is not. " I don't care that I am a mafia king or a feared person with reputation. I had to talk to her  had to hear her voice. 

           A stray of tear escapes her eyes  and scowls mars her face . Finally an emotion crosses her face. Even if its pain im glad she let out some kind of feeling. It would help me in some way to pull her out .

" khushbu, if you want we will go visit your family. We will go tomorrow. ok?" I squeak out in a voice of the one used to  convince a kid. 

        I expected a flash of happiness but she enlarged her eyes and pushed away my hand away that was cupping her cheek. she drags her chair away from me and stands. I stand at her sudden reaction . She shakes her head murmuring a 'no' before she walks past me and out of the room. 

            I stand there confused and frustrated. Now what the fuck did I do wrong? I spoke in a polite loving manner and even offered her to take her to her maiden house which she always asked for and now she says no?!When men say its difficult to understand women I oversaw their remarks but now when I have a women in my life I understand exactly what that statement means. Frustrating women!

       hello lovelies!!!!!  a long wait and a chapter I thought of giving a long chap but then I divided the chapter in two parts that is Raftar and khushbu pov. so next chapter will be khushbu's pov which ill post tomorrow or day after. so paris and mansions hold lots of secrets and dark pasts of raftar . so, khushbu will play detective in upcomming chapters. Khushbu will have to face her problems aswell bring raftar out of his nightmares. till den Lke and Comment.