Chapter 14: Hurt

NamJoon's POV
There's this beautiful place where I would always go when I'm feeling stressed, or even just a place for thinking.

I never brought anyone to that place before, but only one girl that I once met when I was young, it was a place between us only.

She was cute, she had chubby cheeks and a bright smile.

But I couldn't seem to remember her name, I really don't. I try my best to remember but it feels like a part from my brain was erased or something.

Flashback:
"Hey!" I threw small pebbles on her windows, hoping that she was awaken by my actions.

It was 5am in the morning.

The window opened, revealing a sleepy face of the girl. She looked so adorable, always catching my attention is different ways.

"Namjoon?" She rubbed her eyes as her voice was still audible although it was soft. Once she finally realised it was super early in the morning, she questioned me. "It's 5am in the morning, why are you here???"

"I wanna show you something." I placed my hands on my waist and tapped on my feet, waiting her reply.

"Now??" She answered back in disbelief and I nodded with a confident smirk.

She showed me her palm, which meant 'wait'. Her face looked like she was very confused but then she didn't get mad.

I stood there for almost 15 minutes, constantly kicking the leaves that fell on the ground, feeling bored.

"Pssttt." I looked up to the window seeing her. She was finally done preparing.

"My mom isn't working today, she'll be waking up late. Let's go." The corners of my lips went up as she jumped down swiftly from her window, as if she has done it many times.

I held her hands and we both smiled to each other. I led the way to the mountains, which was almost a 30 minutes walk.

"Are we there yet..." the grip on her hands that were in mine tighten, making me glance back to see if she was okay. "Geez, we're almost there."

She groaned while her voice were mixed with the sound of us stepping the leaves in the early morning.

As I realize we're almost there I told her, "Hey, cover your eyes. It's a surprise."

She made a 'seriously?' face and rolled her eyes, "Fine." She covered her eyes and we continued the way towards our destination.

"No peeking!" She nods in understanding. I stopped her from walking when we reached the place.

She removes her hands and opens her eyes, with her mouth opened too.

It was a beautiful lake, with swans and a willow tree. There were trees by the side and a cliff with rocks. You can see the sunset and sunrise from here. It was beautiful. "Oh my gosh, this is such a beautiful place!"

I chuckle in satisfaction but then I pulled her, "Shh.. You're gonna scare the swans away." We were hiding behind a bush, looking at the swans.