Chapter 17 Braydon

I stood on the side of the sidewalk waiting for Blake to come out with the money from the bank

I stood on the side of the sidewalk waiting for Blake to come out with the money from the bank. Footsteps formed as my feet stood alert for anything coming my way. It was Blake with all the money.

"We need to run, or the police will catch us," Blake whispered than ran toward the tiny opening through gate.

My legs ran as fast as they could into action. My heart pounded out of my chest and than we stopped. It was a dead end.

Police cars surrounded us with guns, tazors, and more. My legs shook as I put my hands up in sign of surrender.

What would mom say?

The question burned as the police handcuffed my and Blake. We were put in 2 separate cars just in case we got sneaky.

I only know how to steel not fight, I tried to tell them. I was going to jail.

The jail cell was cold. The bed was on the right in a tiny corner next to the small toilet.

Blake slammed his fist on the wall making  him yelp and my head turn.

"Why did you do that?" I asked with a mad ring to my voice.

"Look we just got arrested," he said as he looked at me with red toned eyes. My hands turned into fists as they ran down my side.

I hate my life.
I wish I had a better life.

I blacked out and my thoughts drifted away into dreams.

"STOP!"
"STOP!" I screamed as two bulky guys came toward me.

"WAKE UP!" Blake said slapping my face as hard as he could.

"Ow!" I yelped, "What is the matter with you?"

"I've made an escape plan and I can't do it with you yelling in your sleep, baby," he said with a slight smile. I rolled my eyes and flipped back over onto my side.

Thoughts blew up in my brain like a thousand atomic bombs.

Am I going to die like this?
Is Blake now my enemy?
Am I a bad person, a real criminal?

I never knew I would end up here.

Jail.

The word burned my brain. I'm actually in jail. I only thought that was for movies. The movies my parents used to show me.

Both of my parents left when I was 3. No, they did not die. They literally packed their stuff and left me in my crib with just 5 bananas, 4 milk jugs, 3 cereal boxes, and a chicken leg drowned in barbecue sauce.

Blake's family moved into the house (that is how I met him). I was starving half to death in my crib. Blood was coming from my nose, eyes, and my mouth. Blake's mom adopted me. That was the happiest day of my life.

Ever since I made a contract that I would not let them down. Now I steel.

"Here look," Blake said, "right there, that is the key to get us out."

"What ever you are thinking it's not going to work," I said as I stood up to get ready for lunch.

"It will just..." a officer interrupted, "lunch time, here you go." He handed us to plates and two tiny tin cups. On the plates were mashed vegetables and a weird piece of meat. In the cup was crystal clear water. My stomach growled, so I took the plate and picked the meat up with one had almost barfing as it made a horrible sound. I opened my mouth to put the meat in right before the fire alarm went off.

People ran everywhere.

"Hey what about us?" Blake yelled as tears ran down my face.

"They're not letting us out." I croaked.

My eyes looked back at the water, but this time I froze. My limbs wouldn't move.

Move!
MOVE!

Nothing came out of body. I just starred blankly at the water. Suddenly a fire smoke smell became faint. I still didn't move. I wanted to run, but my body didn't budge.

"Come here Braydon I think we can squeeze threw this whole in the bars where the fire burned it," Blake said happily.

I tried moving my arm, nothing.
I tried moving my head, nothing.
Why is nothing working? Am I dead?

Blake ran without me as a tear slowly ran down his cheek with every step he took.

A blue and purple portal thing appeared in front of me. Still I didn't move. One foot, two foot, suddenly I was walking into the portal.

I had feeling back into my fingers then I ran to the entrance. It closed.

I was stuck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                             ○●○●
I hope yall like this chapter. Please vote and comment suggestions and nice things. Thanks😄😄!