Chapter 4 Claire

One day I'll show them

One day I'll show them. I'll show them all. I will not stop until I find a mermaid. When I do it will be exposed to the whole world. My name will be known everywhere. I kept thinking to myself.

The image of the beautiful blonde fish like girl stung my brain like a thousand army men shooting at it.

I was only 6 when I saw a mermaid. I yelled at my parents to look at her, but when they turned to look at the creature...it was gone.

Why did it leave me? After that, no one believed me except Lauren.

She was the only one. We became friends in 5th grade after she helped me try to find a mermaid. We never found one, but it was really fun while it lasted.

Now we are in high school and everything changed. She got new friends new style and a new attitude. She totally ditched me once Bella came to this school. She never says high or bye to me. We have one class together and she sits by Bella all the way across the room from me. Bella and Lauren have all 7 classes together. I don't know how or why but I'm mad about it.

Does she not like me? Does she not want to see me anymore? I know Bella is smart, pretty, and nice, but she hasn't seen a mermaid and I have so I have a one up on her.

I don't know why Lauren likes Bella so much; she doesn't even talk that much. Lauren talks so much I threatened to duck tape her mouth once. I texted Lauren to see if she wanted to study for exams with me she still hasn't texted me back. It's been 2 weeks.

The next day at school I studied harder than ever for exams. I figured since Bella makes good grades than if I make good grades than Lauren would like me.

6×7[6/7]-7+67 =96. Ugh, I will never get this. I'm giving up. Now English. 'This is how...' I'm done. I can't get it. Never. My hand followed the orders of my brain and landed on my desk. With all my might I brought my whole body off my chair and into a standing position. My feet stumbled over to my marine decorated door.

When I get older I want to be a marine biologist. Someday I'll show everyone my great discoveries. The only thing I'm good at is science. I know everything about science. I've been to 147 marine school camps. Now I've been excepted into 37 marine collages. I would have told Lauren but I haven't seen her tell her. If I did tell Lauren she would've been so happy for me. I wonder if anything big is happening in her life. Since a few days ago she hasn't touched water and has been acting very strange like there is a huge secret or something. If I spy on her and figure it out I can help her go through it then I will never her best friend again.

"Lauren, are you doing anything today, tomorrow or next week?" I asked as I glared at her with one eye.

She looked at me and then lifted an eyebrow before saying, " Well nothing much. I... I'm... hangi... Wait why do you want to know?" She said as caught me off guard as she motioned for Bella to come and sit with her.

"Well... I... just haven't seen you in so long that I just wanted to hang out with you this Saturday or something." I confessed as a tear rolled down my face and onto my hand.

"Bella is it okay if Claire comes to my house too?" Lauren asked Bella who was stuffing her face with broccoli. Bella slowly nodded her head while trying to get broccoli out of her teeth with her tongue. I smiled as big as I could then walked off to get my lunch.

Bella took Lauren's arm and glared at her with deadly eyes. At first, I thought she was going to laser Lauren down to ashes. But then Lauren looked at me and freakily smiled as she walked away. I shook my head and walked to the lunch line.

"Chicken!" I yelled as the lunch lady put 4 big chicken wings on my plate. Everyone stared at me.

Luke looked at me with sharp eyes with a slight twinkle in them. They looked like broken glass.

Everyone in the school liked Luke except me and Bella. He is so rude. All he does is try to get girls. If he actually tried to do school he might actually get a high "A" or something.

I turned away from what's so-called society and sat down at the lunch table next to the pay counter. My eyes followed Luke as he slowly walked toward me with a fake smile.

"I want to know what you know about Bella," Luke said as he grabbed my shoulders. His nails dug into my Minecraft shirt.

"Ooww!" I shouted, "What do you think you're doing? And besides, I don't know anything about Bella. I barely hang out with her." His face turned red. He looked away while trying to flick his hair out of his eyes. His nails slowly made their way out of my shoulder and onto his side. Once I sat back down, he looked at me and punched me right in between my ribs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
○●○●
I hope you liked this chapter. Sorry, it is really short I promise the next one will be longer. Please vote or comment on what you think I should do for some inspiration.