Chapter 15 Nick

I starred out into the open feild

I starred out into the open feild. Green grass and purple flowers covered the whole feild.

"Nick. You got a call." It's from a girl named Claire.

"I don't know why she called me?" I said with a confused face.

"If you don't tell me who she is you are spending a week in the basement." My dad yelled handing me my phone back. His face had many wrinkles in it as he looked at the unknown girl.

I took the phone from his hands all the while glaring at him.

"She is just a girl at my school," I said, "who doesn't like me, so I don't know why she called me!"

"Okay, but if I find out your lieing to me it will be 3 weeks in the basement." My dad said as he walked to the edge of my door.

"I'll be outside if you need me." I said while running past my dad and down the stairs.

My boots hit the grass while I opened the gate. My heart beat harder and harder as my eyes wondered off the house hoping my dad didn't see me.

Please don't turn around.
Don't.
Don't turn.
Don't turn around.

I started running again. If my dad did see me he would never let me leave the house again. My dad always wants me succeed since my mom died 7 years ago. The last thing she told me was to be successful, so my dad has tried his best to make me successful.

A picture of her when she was young flashed in my mind. It hurt to think about, but I couldn't stop it. She always showed me pictures of her when she was young.

Her beautiful face made me know why dad married her. I smiled and kept running.

My legs stopped in one motion as a big stable popped up in between some trees.

"There it is," I said, "I'm coming Champ!"

Crunch.
Crunch.

The leaves braked underneath my feet as I ran for my horse.

He was a cremello with a white blaze.

He jumped up and down as I fixed his bridle to his face. My dad hates animals and told me I can't have one.

One day I was walking on a trail and a horse had its leg stuck under a tree. I helped him out, then he wouldn't stop following me. After a few days I started making a stable for him to stay in while I am gone or away. After that day I ride him almost everyday when I need to get away from my dad.

I plopped on her back and he took off. The wind in my hair and the sound of nature calling my name made a huge grin form on my face.

I'm free.

Champ ran faster as I waved his reins. His  hooves pounded the ground harder and harder everytime he ran faster.

Pound.
Crunch.
Click.
Clonk.

His hooves started making a band of their.

After 3 hours I put Champ back on his stable and ran back home. My dad went back to work. My stomach growled and I opened the fridge.

"Bananas or strawberries?" I asked my stomach like I was crazy, but I didn't care.
I picked the strawberries and brought them upstairs.

My phone was still laying on my bed, but instead of one voice-mail there were 67. My eyes widened as I saw they were all from Claire.

Seriously, why is she calling?  I asked myself as I picked up my phone. I replayed the first one to see if she would put it all in there.

"Nick if you are getting this please meet me at the marine national park at 5 tomorrow. My friends are disappearing. You are the only person I know who to got to. Please call me back. Nick you are the only person who I know who can help me. My mom won't listen to me. Please Nick. I need you." Her words scowled my brain as they registered into my skull.

The strawberries fell onto my white carpet as I ran to my car with my phone.

People diappeared.

I had to figure out why. I might be mean at school, because that is the only way I've been treated to grow up. When it comes to serious problems I step up and become serious.

My car pulled up to the parking lot with a big roar and a fire smell.

I got my phone and texted Claire to meet me at the park right now. She texted she was on the way and she'll see me in 35 minutes at the most.

I stood there waiting. My eyes wondered around the terrain thinking of answers of why people would disappear and other tell anyone. Unless someone stole them. What if they commit suicide or even murdered. Tears fell out of my eyes down my cheek and onto the grass.

Beep.

Claire's car honked at me as she passed me in the parking lot.

"Come here!" I yelled at her.

She sarcasticly nodded at me and drove off to park. My legs paced slowly, than faster, faster until I was basically running.

"What are you doing? You look like a lion about to pounce on its prey," Claire said as she stood next to me, trying to stop me from running.

"I get nervous when people are hurt," I told her with a nervous squeaky voice.

"Chill girl we'll find 'em," she told me with a weird face on.

I rolled my eyes and my eyes saw a tree. It was big, but smaller than a 2 story house. When I tried pulling my eyes away from the tree they wouldn't move away from it.

Move. I told my body, but nothing happened.

"What are y..." Claire started saying before she saw the tree and also fell under the weird trance too.

Spells aren't real.
Trances don't existed.

My body wouldn't move. My legs stood still. Every command I told my body to do just went farther and farther back into my brain forcing me to not move.

Suddenly a blue and purple portal appeared in front of me and Claire.

My legs walked into it with Claire beside me doing the same thing.

Fear roared within me as the portal closed behind me and Claire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              ●○●○
I hoped you like this chapter. Please comment and vote. Please say NICE things about my story. Ideas are always appreciated. Thanks. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Thanks!😀😀